Disneyland to unveil centralized FastPass kiosk for 3 Tomorrowland rides in pilot program - OCR/SCNG

Phroobar

I think they should combine Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain and ROTR. What could go wrong?

Also they should put the machines inside Winnie the Pooh mid ride. To give people a reason to go on it.
Pooh could be spitting out FP times.
california%2010%20161.jpg

Ismael Flores

Sounds like you can scan the barcode of the Paper Tickets. All sign ins get a paper receipt for FP use, and many folks still get the Paper Admission tickets, can't get rid of that yet.

i think that is the main problem, I usually enter the park using the barcode for my annual pass but i still have to carry the pass to get a fastpass scanned and also to get discounts. This seems like a backwards way and pointless if you ask me to runt he ticketing system.
what is the point of having a digital scan if they still require the actual pass or paper ticket for internal use inside the park.

If some purchases a ticket online and has it on their phone then there shouldn't be a need to have to worry about carrying a paper ticket.

This new system should have a digital barcode reader that guests can scan the phone barcode to make reservations and eliminate the need for all those paper tickets having to be pulled out from wallet.

obviously if someone bought a physical ticket then they can scan that if they want.

Ismael Flores

Three rides in a single location and one of them Space Mountain. Sounds crowded to me.

sounds like a mistake with possible issues especially since that location has heavy traffic, but I wonder if eventually they will expand the system and just have all fastpass rides accessible using any of the kiosk around the park.

Disney Analyst

If they use screens I assume eventually you would be able to book any Fastpass from any machine? Or do we think it would become land based?

mickEblu

If they use screens I assume eventually you would be able to book any Fastpass from any machine? Or do we think it would become land based?

im going with land based so long as FPs are free otherwise MaxPass sales could go down. If not land based. Then maybe like one for rides in close proximity like BTMRR and Indy. However, the latter doesn’t make sense if we strictly speaking logistics and not what impacts sale. For me it’s either you go land based or Just add the capability of getting a fast pass in any machine.

Disney Analyst

im going with land based so long as FPs are free otherwise MaxPass sales could go down. If not land based. Then maybe like one for rides in close proximity like BTMRR and Indy. However, the latter doesn’t make sense if we strictly speaking logistics and not what impacts sale. For me it’s either you go land based or Just add the capability of getting a fast pass in any machine.

I mean, I think MaxPass is still attractive even if they offer fast pass from any machine. If you only have 5 areas where machines are found for instance, still have to go to a machine; scan everyone’s stuff etc. MaxPass is way more convenient.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Sharing touch screens with 50,000 people all day? Sounds like a good way to spread germs.
Just going out in public is a good way to spread germs.

If you're worried about germs don't leave the house let alone go to a place visited by random people you have no control over. Its the same with going to any public place.

Ismael Flores

You should assume any surface at Disney has been touched by 50,000 people all day.

exactly and that is why I hate that they have some eateries in areas where not a single restroom is available unless you walk thru large sections of the park. The Pizza planet is the worst eatery, you order and have to at some point touch something and then the only place you can wash your hands is on the opposite side of Space mountain and all the way to the back of the attraction exit.

They really should consider gutting out the magic eye theater and open it up again to be an eatery. Have it close to the restroom area then just demolish the pizza port and everything else near it all the way to Autopia and start from scratch

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

exactly and that is why I hate that they have some eateries in areas where not a single restroom is available unless you walk thru large sections of the park. The Pizza planet is the worst eatery, you order and have to at some point touch something and then the only place you can wash your hands is on the opposite side of Space mountain and all the way to the back of the attraction exit.

They really should consider gutting out the magic eye theater and open it up again to be an eatery. Have it close to the restroom area then just demolish the pizza port and everything else near it all the way to Autopia and start from scratch
Bring sanitzed wipes or purell with you

Ismael Flores

Bring sanitzed wipes or purell with you

doesn't feel the same as hot water an soap. :) hand sanitizer also kills good bacteria along with bad bacteria. Good bacteria is needed to help you combat germs. so once that thing dries up and you accidentally touch something you are more at risk of catching something.
I guess i just like to keep my hands constantly clean, when i get sick i really get sick

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

doesn't feel the same as hot water an soap. :) hand sanitizer also kills good bacteria along with bad bacteria. Good bacteria is needed to help you combat germs. so once that thing dries up and you accidentally touch something you are more at risk of catching something.
I guess i just like to keep my hands constantly clean, when i get sick i really get sick
fair enough. i always bring wipes with me in case i cant get to a restroom and need a quick clean of the hands.

Parteecia

Cetaphil waterless liquid soap, scrub your hands and wipe off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom