Universal Epic Universe (South Expansion Complex) - Opens 2025

Jon81uk

I would like to see Harry potter and the cursed child as a movie to end the harry potter films

Its a great stage play, it would be an awful movie.

The plot features some time travel and therefore can feel a little bit line a "best of" this is good fun in a live environment as it shows off the characters and action on a limited setting on stage. But done as a move would feel repetitive I think.

magicallactose

Yeah, I love Potter, but the Fantastic Beasts movies are kinda trash. I don't think they deserve a land.

I see no issues with the Universal Monsters land. It would be cool to have a land based on horror year-round.

I'm not a huge fan of Fantastic Beasts either, but I am excited to experience a new 'Wizarding Land' land, even if it's based on locations from these films. I mean, even people who know nothing of the boy wizard or Newt would find an enchanted turn-of-the-century Paris charming, I'd think?

I think the plotting of the FB films is messy as hell, and J.K's novel writing skills do not translate at all to script-writing, but her world-building skills are still very much intact, and it's a world that I'm happy to explore more of in real life. I'm also a big fan of the Harry Potter books (and there are a lot of folks out there who are book nerds too, I suspect), so I think that adds to my eagerness to see more of the wider wizarding world alluded to in the text.

magicallactose

Yeah, despite being a Potter nerd, like a lot of you, I'm most excited about the monster
The monsters will be cool...

Still wish we were seeing Star Trek or Lord of the Rings though...

Yeah, a Lord of the Rings land would be a slam-dunk!

I'm a big Star Trek fan, but I honestly don't think it would make a very compelling land. Other than the Enterprise (and various other ships, depending on the show of choice), it doesn't really have many recognizable locations. It would work spectacularly as a ride experience though.

The Grand Inquisitor

This sounds great! I wonder if the drop tower patent is for a ministry of magic ride where you have to escape from Grindelwald?
Someone was blue skying ideas for an expansion to epic universe. Which lands would you guys want them to add? For me it would be Luigi's Mansion and a Christmas themed land due to the fact Comcast owns the rights to Rudolph and the rest of the specials.

The Grand Inquisitor

Someone was blue skying ideas for an expansion to epic universe. Which lands would you guys want them to add? For me it would be Luigi's Mansion and a Christmas themed land due to the fact Comcast owns the rights to Rudolph and the rest of the specials.
I should also add their are 2 expansion pads for 2 lands. One is next to Nintendo and the other is next to Dragons.

cheezbat

Only three I care for:

Lord of the Rings
Star Trek (any and all versions)
Back to the Future

I know BTTF has come and gone, but I’d love an indoor launch coaster themed to it. Get that baby up to 88mph!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom