DHS New Fireworks Launch Area

Rob562

That's huge...

Unlike the MK where they need the trees to provide a visual block from the train, I wonder if they decided it was just easier to cut back the trees here to reduce the fire hazard from pyro fallout since they didn't have to worry about sightlines.

-Rob

Next Big Thing

Unlike the MK where they need the trees to provide a visual block from the train, I wonder if they decided it was just easier to cut back the trees here to reduce the fire hazard from pyro fallout since they didn't have to worry about sightlines.

-Rob
I'm not sire if it's been pointed out, but Disney has sprinklers that wet down the trees behind MK behind FL on the road leading from Grand Flo to CM parking lot. I imagine they'll have the same here.

Rob562

I'm not sire if it's been pointed out, but Disney has sprinklers that wet down the trees behind MK behind FL on the road leading from Grand Flo to CM parking lot. I imagine they'll have the same here.

Right, but if they can get away with fewer trees (and thus fewer things to wet down) it saves them money. If they could do that at the MK, I'm sure they would.

-Rob

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
As South Florida Water Management District permit was filed today to add five additional storage containers to this area. Not sure if this is being done for logistical reasons or if there are changes coming to the fireworks shows.

TrainsOfDisney

Ya know..... if they designed the show right... they could do an epic New Years show from that launch location that could be experienced from both DAK and DHS.....

kthomas105

A shell landed on world drive and exploded in a lane of traffic. I think that is when the show was cut down to such basic pyro.

I feel like they need to figure out a solution though.... DHS needs to be able to have a legit fireworks show again.
Thanks for the reply and info! Looking at the arials the launch site seems very close to the road. Granted I don't know much about these things but setting it back 100ft more or so would have probably helped with matters.

Lilofan

A shell landed on world drive and exploded in a lane of traffic. I think that is when the show was cut down to such basic pyro.

I feel like they need to figure out a solution though.... DHS needs to be able to have a legit fireworks show again.
They used to and it was a good one. The exploding shells shot from the back of DHS fell on what was Residential Street then later Lights Motor Action areas that were closed off at night to guests. Now the area is the new Star Wars land.

TrainsOfDisney

They used to and it was a good one. The exploding shells shot from the back of DHS fell on what was Residential Street then later Lights Motor Action areas that were closed off at night to guests. Now the area is the new Star Wars land.

Plenty of shells would fall in the guest areas too.... over by the studios arch was quite an exciting place to watch if the wind was blowing just right!

But you are skipping over what the current launch site was built for... both Jingle Bell Jingle Bam and the current Star Wars shows debuted as legit fireworks shows launched from the current site.

Rob562

I still think the right designer who's up for a challenge could design a fireworks show where Hollywood Blvd, Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land all have a different soundtrack playing simultaneously to the same pyro. Three shows for the cost of one, spreads crowds out through the park and encourages repeat visits to see all the different versions.

-Rob

Lilofan

Thanks for the reply and info! Looking at the arials the launch site seems very close to the road. Granted I don't know much about these things but setting it back 100ft more or so would have probably helped with matters.
You are not kidding. When the launch site shot the DHS fireworks from the side of the main road, the vehicles on the road slowed down considerably.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom