What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

Touchdown

The last two days have been crowded, but it hasn’t been as bad today. I have done my traditional balls to the wall, must ride it all last day and have managed to accomplish:
-Peter Pan
-Toad
-Pinocchio
-Snow White
-Matterhorn
-Hyperspace Mtn
-Star Tours
-Alice
-Soarin (FP)
-GotG (FP)
-Monsters Inc
-Little Mermaid
-RSR x2 (SRL)
-Luigis
-Mater
-Tiki Room
-Jungle Cruise
-Indy
-MF:SR (SRL)
-Main St Trolley
-TSMM (FP)
-Chase a Baby (FP)
-Monsters After Dark
-Napa Rose Dinner (yum)
-Splash (FP)
-Pooh
-BTMRR (FP)
-HMH (FP)
-Train
-Rodger Rabbit (FP)
-Halloween Screams
-Fantasmic!
-Pirates
-HMH
-BTMRR x2
-Pirates

So a total of 37 attractions, 12.5 miles walked and with that my DL AP year comes to a close, and I’ll be going “home” to WDW for the next year. Due to this I’ll probably be posting back here less, but I’m sure I’ll check back here from time to time. But for now farewell!

dlr74

1:43 PM

Midway Mania: 110 min
Haunted Mansion Holiday: 100 min
Racers: 90 min
Grizzly River Run: 90 min
Matterhorn: 75 min
Mission Breakout: 70 min
Space Mountain: 70 min
Smuggler’s Run: 65 min

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Does anyone else find it funny that Smuggler's Run is at the bottom of this list?

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Part of it is no FP.
Maybe it is just more efficient at handling crowds? I would never ride Midway Mania or HMH with those waits.

Why isn't there a FP? That's bizarre. If it means lower wait times than i'm all for drastically reducing FP distribution park-wide lol.

Also, just found this through a Google search. Not sure how accurate this would be.

shambolicdefending

Wait times have been really high the last few Mondays, but the drop back down the next day. Looks like a lot of APs are taking a long weekend to get their Halloween visits in and see Star Wars.

shambolicdefending

I'm actually a bit surprised they haven't started FP yet.

Still feels like they are operating on the "it's going to be a crowded nightmare" plan.
Weren't insiders saying that ops managers had fought to have FP left out of SWGE - at least until it reached normal operating status? And, I'm assuming they probably won't hit that until RotR is several months old.

I'd personally be happy if FP was disbanded all together, but otherwise I hope they apply it to Star Wars sooner than later. More FP attractions at least means the duplicative crowding effect is more spread out.

Phroobar

It's been shown that FP currently makes lines longer and promotes overcrowding. Part of the problem is CMs don't understand ratios. I think Disney should completely remove paper fast passes and just have MaxPass at a higher cost of course. ($80 per person per day) That will force most people back into the regular line and that line will move faster because there will be less MaxPass people cutting in line. The high roller tourists get to schedule their rides with minimum wait. Everyone else benefits from lower wait times. Poor Disney stays in the deep-dark-black hole-black on their balance sheets.

DanielBB8

It's been shown that FP currently makes lines longer and promotes overcrowding. Part of the problem is CMs don't understand ratios. I think Disney should completely remove paper fast passes and just have MaxPass at a higher cost of course. ($80 per person per day) That will force most people back into the regular line and that line will move faster because there will be less MaxPass people cutting in line. The high roller tourists get to schedule their rides with minimum wait. Everyone else benefits from lower wait times. Poor Disney stays in the deep-dark-black hole-black on their balance sheets.
When I went to Oogie Boogie Bash, I used the Disneyland app to get Fastpasses during early entry. I didn't get the paper Fastpass. This saved a lot of walking. Everyone should just use the app. No need for paper FP. I presume the Maxpass distributes more frequent passes, while FP is allowed the bare minimum amount of FP. I really don't think MP should be promoted over FP. If more peole use MP because they have no other choice, less FP will be distributed. FP is actually free pass.

George Lucas on a Bench

CMs understand ratios. FP gets priority over stand-by. They made the reservation. Stand-by didn't. And you're not going to have FP people standing there while you let all the stand-by guests in. The ratio is 1 stand-by party for every 4 FP and that's when you don't have a back-up of FP guests to a certain point. At that point, mostly FP is going until that line clears.

You may not agree with the system, but CMs do what they're supposed to.

truecoat

CMs understand ratios. FP gets priority over stand-by. They made the reservation. Stand-by didn't. And you're not going to have FP people standing there while you let all the stand-by guests in. The ratio is 1 stand-by party for every 4 FP and that's when you don't have a back-up of FP guests to a certain point. At that point, mostly FP is going until that line clears.

Even if they let more in for a while, it'll even out. The fastpass line is not endless.

Phroobar

Sometimes I wonder about that. I've seen them just let in any FP person that wattles in and ignore the standby line for upwards of a half hour until letting in ten standby. There could be no FP coming for ten minutes but the CM refused to let the standby in. CMs sometime lose track of time and the last time they let the standby line in. I've seen it get so long that a manager showed up wondering why the inside line was so short while the stand by line was over 90 minutes. It turned out the CM was zoning out instead of doing his job.

Phroobar

I think Disney needs to take the gatekeeper CM out of the fast pass equation. There has to be a way to have a gate open for x number of FP people and then open again for y number of standby while keeping the mixed line at a certain length. Maybe have the turnstyle count the number of FP going in and not let more enter until the ratio of standby is achieved?

SirWillow

The parks were certainly not slow during our visit. We were there Tuesday Oct 1 through Sunday Oct 6. The Tuesday was the lightest day and it wasn't all that light. We met up with a couple of friends one day who are passholders and they were honestly shocked at the parks being crowded- busier than they were used to this time of year they told us. We were able to get a lot done- in many ways thanks to Disneyland not having totally screwed up their stand by lines the way WDW has with Fastpass+. MaxPass is a much, much better system. But it does still make for longer waits.

Most of the time when there was a fastpass and standby line we saw the ratios of about 1/4 fastpass to 3/4 stand by, and that kept most of the lines moving. The one where it was really skewed the other way was Radiator Springs Racers, where we counted it as 7 fastpass to 1 standby at one point, but was usually closer to 5-1, and that's what made the stand by waits so long.

We were actually really happy that they didn't have fastpass on Falcon. That's helping keep those lines a shorter wait time. We waited at one point through the whole queue- including the storage containers (which are ugly BTW), and it still took less than an hour. And that was a long line!

People don't realize how much fastpass affects those stand by wait times until they get to experience the same things without it. And even then there are some that refuse to believe or understand how much longer it makes the waits.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The parks were certainly not slow during our visit. We were there Tuesday Oct 1 through Sunday Oct 6. The Tuesday was the lightest day and it wasn't all that light. We met up with a couple of friends one day who are passholders and they were honestly shocked at the parks being crowded- busier than they were used to this time of year they told us. We were able to get a lot done- in many ways thanks to Disneyland not having totally screwed up their stand by lines the way WDW has with Fastpass+. MaxPass is a much, much better system. But it does still make for longer waits.

Most of the time when there was a fastpass and standby line we saw the ratios of about 1/4 fastpass to 3/4 stand by, and that kept most of the lines moving. The one where it was really skewed the other way was Radiator Springs Racers, where we counted it as 7 fastpass to 1 standby at one point, but was usually closer to 5-1, and that's what made the stand by waits so long.

We were actually really happy that they didn't have fastpass on Falcon. That's helping keep those lines a shorter wait time. We waited at one point through the whole queue- including the storage containers (which are ugly BTW), and it still took less than an hour. And that was a long line!

People don't realize how much fastpass affects those stand by wait times until they get to experience the same things without it. And even then there are some that refuse to believe or understand how much longer it makes the waits.
While physically there it may have appeares crowded but the attendance numbers from that time prove otherwise factually

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom