Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom Walkway

trainplane3

To continue playing a several page old joke...
Obviously Disney knew I am a man that enjoys bridge er- I mean construction so they gave me a room in BLT facing the big red crane:
MLwses6.jpg

You may need to zoom but it's there...

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
This may have been discussed earlier. So apologies if it was. With this new walkway - will there be an option to walk from the GF to the Contemporary without going through security? I'm assuming that going through the security checkpoint you would be able to.

donsullivan

Premium Member
This may have been discussed earlier. So apologies if it was. With this new walkway - will there be an option to walk from the GF to the Contemporary without going through security? I'm assuming that going through the security checkpoint you would be able to.

Nope. With the redesign of the entrance plaza in front of MK you'll need to go through security somewhere before the current boat dock and monorail station. The entire area in front of the magic kingdom is within the secure zone and you would have to pass through that to get to the path to the Contemporary.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Given the state of WDW news, rumors, and refurbishments, have to say this is the current project I’m most excited about. Certainly no drawbacks I can think of, and it’ll make leaving MK at night such a pleasure. Thank you for the updates!

What happens if the bridge suddenly turns when people are on it and they are stranded there for hours without A/C? ;)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What happens if the bridge suddenly turns when people are on it and they are stranded there for hours without A/C? ;)
Specially trained CMs using drones will airdrop fishing poles and hexamine tablets. Guests will be upcharged for the Grand Floridian Bridge Survival Experience, $69.99 per person. A Deluxe version will include a pop-up tent, sleeping bag, and water purifier for an additional $49.99 per person (subject to availability).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom