Can I get food that is no longer on menu?

GeoDonJac34

I used to order The Samoan from the breakfast menu at Kona Cafe every time dining there. They removed it from the menu and I mentioned to the server that I really enjoyed it. He told me to call the restaurant in advance, a day or so, and they would have it for me.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
News for the "Menu Nazis:" The Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen offers an "off-the-menu" appetizer consisting of marinated shrimp on a bed of slaw in a JCSK metal cup. It's really, really good, but it's off the menu, so you won't see it on the menu. You have to ask for it because it's not on the menu.

It's not on the menu.

dreamfinder

You can ask, but a protein that is no longer on menu might be tough. If it's something like a change to a side dish, or a different sauce, then they may be willing/able to accommodate you. It depends on what is in the kitchen, and the preference of any given chef/kitchen staff.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You can ask, but a protein that is no longer on menu might be tough. If it's something like a change to a side dish, or a different sauce, then they may be willing/able to accommodate you. It depends on what is in the kitchen, and the preference of any given chef/kitchen staff.
I've also heard that if you're eating in a TS that shares a kitchen with another TS (like Liberty Tree Tavern and Jungle Cruise Skipper Canteen), one can order off the other restaurant's menu if you can't find anything you like on the menu of the restaurant you're in. Your mileage may vary.

wombat

I booked Jiko specifically for my husband because he loves Bison. I see that it is no longer on the menu. Does anyone know if he can order it even though it’s not on the menu? Thanks in advance!
I tried ordering a Ford Model T last year but was told no

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom