Magic Bands in Civilian Life

PixarPerfect

I've gone the other way.. I have Minnie as my watch face on my iWatch. A couple of times I've accidentally tapped the face in a meeting or walking with a client and Minnie's voice proudly shouts out the time followed by her little giggle. They stare but I think it's rather funny.

Kamikaze

Would you guess the guy was tech savvy at all? It is possible to reprogram/repurpose the bands to use for other things, like opening RFID doors at your home or work.

stratman50th

Would you guess the guy was tech savvy at all? It is possible to reprogram/repurpose the bands to use for other things, like opening RFID doors at your home or work.
You probably couldn't reprogram the bands. I doubt they are eprom, (I could be wrong though) but you could program your door if you could find the right tech to read the band. Who knows how tight Disney's security is on the band innards. I know the bands are RFID technology but I think they are passive and being tracked by big daddy instead of doing any transmitting.

Kamikaze

You probably couldn't reprogram the bands. I doubt they are eprom, (I could be wrong though) but you could program your door if you could find the right tech to read the band. Who knows how tight Disney's security is on the band innards. I know the bands are RFID technology but I think they are passive and being tracked by big daddy instead of doing any transmitting.

You can read the bands with any RFID reader. Some Android phones even allow you to do this. Meaning you can use the band for anything that would read RFID as long as you can set that reader to pick up the bands specific info. Its the same thing as Amiibo cards and using Amiibos to open doors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom