No outside food, strollers or scooters can be delivered to Disney Resorts?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
No , many people like, my father for example, do not require a scooter at home, since they can walk but not far, they do require one at Disney because they can not physically walk from the bus, boat, monorail , to the park entrance to rent a Disney scooter, they do not rent them out at the resorts, so the people that need them 24/7 while at Disney must rent from an outside scooter rental. As soon as we found out that there were Disney "approved" vendors we always made sure to use them so we did not lose park time just because my Dad only has one leg.

No.
It wasn't MANY which is my point.
I was a small amount of guests that like your father required one for the entire duration.
What started happening in the last few years is more people got word that renting from an outside company meant they could save money compared to Disney's rental prices so even though they only required tit in parks they were going to take advantage of the cost savings and just use it for the duration.
Haven't you noticed the higher amount of scooters on buses in the last few years? That's why.
Same goes for strollers. People didn't feel like bringing their own and didn't want to pay to rent from the parks even though again often times they admit that their child really only needs it for in the parks.

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
Okay. I'm sorry that this change means you'll never go again. Or that your dad will never go again. Or it ruined your life. Or whatever.

Good luck on your next "limited 9 day" trip.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:
You know people that go all the time do not understand, we are not wealthy, we can't go on all the time we make the most of our time while there. My father would gladly love to have his leg back and not need the stupid scooter, he can't really help it. We made the reservations with a 'Disney Approved" vendor so we could get the scooter upon arrival and head out, and 2 months before our trip bam, Disney changes everything. Yes we have to scrimp and save and budget just to go once a year, we cannot afford wasted time sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting for a scooter to come just because Disney is grubbing for money. And yes I am extremely upset that , my parents and husband can't come unless we waste park time, and my father is very upset that for him to go on the trip he ruins the first day for the rest of us so he does not want to cancel. At this point cancelling is a nightmare so yeah be sarcastic about a disabled man if that what makes you feel good.

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
No.
It wasn't MANY which is my point.
I was a small amount of guests that like your father required one for the entire duration.
What started happening in the last few years is more people got word that renting from an outside company meant they could save money compared to Disney's rental prices so even though they only required tit in parks they were going to take advantage of the cost savings and just use it for the duration.
Haven't you noticed the higher amount of scooters on buses in the last few years? That's why.
Same goes for strollers. People didn't feel like bringing their own and didn't want to pay to rent from the parks even though again often times they admit that their child really only needs it for in the parks.
Well the change now affects those that do need it , because of the fakers, however, the needing it only in the parks makes no sense at all to me. If you can walk the distances that it takes to get into the park you can walk all day, you don't need one.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Well the change now affects those that do need it , because of the fakers, however, the needing it only in the parks makes no sense at all to me. If you can walk the distances that it takes to get into the park you can walk all day, you don't need one.

This isn't a contest. You don't need to win "most outraged". You don't get to decide who needs a scooter and who doesn't based on how you perceive your need stacks up against theirs.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

Ok you keep thinking its all or nothing and living in your bubble.
Why doesn't your father bring the scooter that he so obviously needs 24/7 from home again?
Oh that's right he doesn't need it at home because he can walk but not too far. Like other people that can walk to the bus but not all day long in the parks.

SAV

How does having to wait a bit for a scooter mean that 3 people have to cancel a 9 day trip? Especially a trip you make every year. I'm really not understanding that. It's maybe a few hours of a 216 hour trip that you "may" have to wait. It isn't like everyone would be waiting in Jail...they could go to the awesome Disney Pools or explore the Amazing Disney Resorts while Grandpa waits with someone. Or as it was said 3 go to the parks and 2 wait then catch up with each other shortly after. Doing that won't break up your family. It's all family members caring about the others in the family that may need extra assistance and making it work for everyone.

Yes it's a change, but nothing that would make me cancel a trip over.

I wish I could go on a "limited 9 day trip" every year, but it's at least 2 years for us and an even more "limited" 7 day trip at most.

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
Ok you keep thinking its all or nothing and living in your bubble.
Why doesn't your father bring the scooter that he so obviously needs 24/7 from home again?
Oh that's right he doesn't need it at home because he can walk but not too far. Like other people that can walk to the bus but not all day long in the parks.
Again I am really tired of you people making fun of my disabled father as I have said already, he does not need one at home, he does not walk Disney distances at home, if he had two legs and could walk , he does not and since he also has a rod 3/4 of the way up his back he is just not capable of walking long distances, but it is just too far, he does not choose to be disabled or want to be a burden, he would rather not need the stupid scooter, and yes I am angry because Disney is just doing it to be greedy, and I either cancel our vacation we have been planning for a year or wit for a scooter, I have decided to wait. I will just give up part of my trip to wait with him, but it is really unfair of Disney, so yes I'm angry.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Again I am really tired of you people making fun of my disabled father as I have said already, he does not need one at home, he does not walk Disney distances at home, if he had two legs and could walk , he does not and since he also has a rod 3/4 of the way up his back he is just not capable of walking long distances, but it is just too far, he does not choose to be disabled or want to be a burden, he would rather not need the stupid scooter, and yes I am angry because Disney is just doing it to be greedy, and I either cancel our vacation we have been planning for a year or wit for a scooter, I have decided to wait. I will just give up part of my trip to wait with him, but it is really unfair of Disney, so yes I'm angry.
Who are you people that are making fun of your father? I certainly didn't.
Also I myself am disabled so I understand the difficulties of getting around.
What bothers me about your posts is the entitled attitude you are giving off like it will only effect you and your family and you vacation plans.
Its effecting others and they aren't as upset about it.

eliza61nyc

You know people that go all the time do not understand, we are not wealthy, we can't go on all the time we make the most of our time while there. My father would gladly love to have his leg back and not need the stupid scooter, he can't really help it. We made the reservations with a 'Disney Approved" vendor so we could get the scooter upon arrival and head out, and 2 months before our trip bam, Disney changes everything. Yes we have to scrimp and save and budget just to go once a year, we cannot afford wasted time sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting for a scooter to come just because Disney is grubbing for money. And yes I am extremely upset that , my parents and husband can't come unless we waste park time, and my father is very upset that for him to go on the trip he ruins the first day for the rest of us so he does not want to cancel. At this point cancelling is a nightmare so yeah be sarcastic about a disabled man if that what makes you feel good.
No, we are not trying to be mean or sarcastic. Really. What we are trying to do is to get you to see that this isn't all that bad and the cancelling or even thinking about cancelling a 9 day trip because of a 1 or even 2 hour delay is extreme. Seriously.
Ok let me throw out the worst case scenario as I see it. You get to your resorts and let's say it's going to be 2 hours until scooter rental is delivered. ONE person stays with Dad, the other 4 head to park. Dad and other person meet at a designated spot 1 to 2 hours later. Minimum time lost, family vacation continues, everything is good.
Now not sure what the financial part was about, no one likes to waste money but clearly if you guys are taking annual family trips, you're doing ok.
It's not about who's rich or not but ninja this really is at most a extra layer of planning.

Absolutely no reason in the world your father has to cancel anything.

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
Who are you people that are making fun of your father? I certainly didn't.
Also I myself am disabled so I understand the difficulties of getting around.
What bothers me about your posts is the entitled attitude you are giving off like it will only effect you and your family and you vacation plans.
Its effecting others and they aren't as upset about it.
Well I guess they don't care as much about losing 2 days of vacation as I do, I am not wealthy , it takes every thing I have to get here, and I plan for a year , sitting around waiting on something that when I booked was supposed to be there upsets me. I go on one vacation a year and this is it, so yes I am very angry. I kill myself to make these trips perfect and when something happens at the last minute that ruins all my planning and hard work, scrimping and saving , I am mad sorry that no one else gets that. This is my one time a year to not have to work 12 hour days with no lunch, no break so I plan it to perfection.

eliza61nyc

Well I guess they don't care as much about losing 2 days of vacation as I do, I am not wealthy , it takes every thing I have to get here, and I plan for a year , sitting around waiting on something that when I booked was supposed to be there upsets me. I go on one vacation a year and this is it, so yes I am very angry. I kill myself to make these trips perfect and when something happens at the last minute that ruins all my planning and hard work, scrimping and saving , I am mad sorry that no one else gets that. This is my one time a year to not have to work 12 hour days with no lunch, no break so I plan it to perfection.

Sorry @ninjaprincesst you are not losing 2 days. You simply are not. My husband was a small business owner so try only getting time off maybe once every 5 years.
Do you fly?? What do you do when you get a flight delay or luggage is lost? Yeah it sucks and then you make the best of it.

This is a MINOR hiccup that will cost you maybe an extra 90 minutes. With a cellphone it probably won't be that much.

Come on, how in the world are you losing 2 days.
You get to your resorts at noon, ok chair doesn't get there until 130 that somehow ruins the rest of the park day?? At most even with back to back fast passes ( which is probably not what's going on) you may miss 1 fast pass.

Again I don't see how wealth plays into this,

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
There you go acting like others ARE wealthy.
I'm certainly not.
I live with my parents and get disability checks and share the price of vacations with my sister.

Heppenheimer

Methinks there are more problems at play here than a slight delay getting an ECV...

EOD K9

I fail to see how this is Disney squeezing money from people. I'm sure that the preferred vendor is giving them a kickback for the convenience of pickup/dropoff, but if timing is right, there shouldnt be an issue with somone else like say Kingdom Strollers. If my flight arrives at 10am, I would schedule my pickup for 1115-1130 from the drop down menu. It can be done with little inconvenience.

Disney.Mike

How the heck do you figure you would be loosing 2 days...

Maybe an hour at check-in day and maybe an hour at checkout... Wow... That's harsh

Ricky Spanish

you obviously have never worked in the transport business.
There is literally companies working for little to no profit because of people always wanting priority.
Sorry it doesn't work like this.
I couldn't agree with you more.
The business that I owned would usually have 15-25 deliveries per day.
About 75% of those deliveries would ask to be the "first delivery" or "as early as possible".
We would always tell our customers that there could only be 1 first delivery each day and that was depending on the most efficient delivery route for our driver.
We would tell them to call on the morning of their delivery and we would give them an approximate delivery time frame.
When this new policy goes into effect, I imagine the ECV companies will struggle to keep up with timed deliveries.
The drivers will be bounching around the resorts to deliver one scooter at a time.
Alot of wasted time.
I wouldn't be surprised if the rental costs go up and delivery charges, too.

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
How the heck do you figure you would be loosing 2 days...

Maybe an hour at check-in day and maybe an hour at checkout... Wow... That's harsh
Because when you have everything planned out like I do , it snowballs and ruins the whole day. It does not matter apparently I am the only person mad. I just pretty much cried my eyes out because a years worth of work and worry is down the drain. It makes me angry that my Dad now feels like he has ruined our trip when he did nothing Disney did it. I also have a little time picked but if you think they will show up in that little drop down time, I have a bridge I could sell you.

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
No, we are not trying to be mean or sarcastic. Really. What we are trying to do is to get you to see that this isn't all that bad and the cancelling or even thinking about cancelling a 9 day trip because of a 1 or even 2 hour delay is extreme. Seriously.
Ok let me throw out the worst case scenario as I see it. You get to your resorts and let's say it's going to be 2 hours until scooter rental is delivered. ONE person stays with Dad, the other 4 head to park. Dad and other person meet at a designated spot 1 to 2 hours later. Minimum time lost, family vacation continues, everything is good.
Now not sure what the financial part was about, no one likes to waste money but clearly if you guys are taking annual family trips, you're doing ok.
It's not about who's rich or not but ninja this really is at most a extra layer of planning.

Absolutely no reason in the world your father has to cancel anything.
It is because I micro plan, everything effects something else, and no to go to Disney it literally takes us a whole year to pay off the trip, I am going to stay with him, but I already see the nightmare , missed fast passes taking 2 hours to find the family, if the hand not let me sit there for 10 months thinking it was going to work like usual I would have planned around it. i just can not figure out how to keep all the fastpasses and ADR's running like clockwork like they have to and Im upset.

correcaminos

Because when you have everything planned out like I do , it snowballs and ruins the whole day. It does not matter apparently I am the only person mad. I just pretty much cried my eyes out because a years worth of work and worry is down the drain. It makes me angry that my Dad now feels like he has ruined our trip when he did nothing Disney did it. I also have a little time picked but if you think they will show up in that little drop down time, I have a bridge I could sell you.
It looks like Scooter Bug will be the answer to your problem. I get the issues, I do. My family member has been disabled since birth and now is completely confined to wheels. I am glad there is an option for those who need ot a certain way. However you really need to stop complaining. You have an option.

Also a couple hours separated wouldn't be the end of the world, but even then you now don't have to worry about it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom