Rumor Figment, well, to be replaced by Figment

Homemade Imagineering

I find myself worrying a lot more about Disney not bringing back the Dreamfinder, rather than figment leaving for v4, because Disney hasn’t produced as much merch for him as they have for figment, and they haven’t really acknowledged his existence much in current Epcot, while figment is basically represented everywhere in Epcot. I can see figment being part of an inside out attraction, which wouldn’t make me livid, but I would much rather have dreamfinder back along with figment, and no inside out.

disney1023

Hello everyone. I just saw this in "IMAGINATION!", figured I should post it here.
The lable on the changing portrait of Figment winking has been changed.

FigmentJedi

I find myself worrying a lot more about Disney not bringing back the Dreamfinder, rather than figment leaving for v4, because Disney hasn’t produced as much merch for him as they have for figment, and they haven’t really acknowledged his existence much in current Epcot, while figment is basically represented everywhere in Epcot.
There wasn't a lot of Dreamfinder merch back in the day in the first place. Nostalgiabucks was the best thing to happen to him merch-wise.
People like to use Mystic Manor as a template for a new Imagination ride, but Lord Henry Mystic gets way less merch then Albert. Like they dropped his plush after only a year or two, probably for this exact reason.
tumblr_inline_pofktsMykX1rn9eqb_640.jpg

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

There wasn't a lot of Dreamfinder merch back in the day in the first place. Nostalgiabucks was the best thing to happen to him merch-wise.
People like to use Mystic Manor as a template for a new Imagination ride, but Lord Henry Mystic gets way less merch then Albert. Like they dropped his plush after only a year or two, probably for this exact reason.
tumblr_inline_pofktsMykX1rn9eqb_640.jpg
Disney really needs to recreate imagination in the same style of mystic manor, just replacing the scenes with scenes of imagination, and the beginning stopping in the same type of room as mystic manor, but instead of a museum as the scenery, it’s the flight to imagination scene without the turntable! Also thanks for pointing that out! I wasn’t aware that he has always been a rare merch character.

Surferboy567

This happened for us during our July 4th trip. A lot of effects were not working as well. We had a lot of fans in our car so we sang along... For majority of the ride. For me, it shows TDO doesn't care about want EPCOT was or can be.

It’s not about what EPCOT was. I’m for mostly all the changes. Their however, is 0 reason why figment and imagination should be in the state they are in. Just refurb the ride put inside out or figment and whatever else back in imagination. Sell that merch and (mostly) everyone is happy.

pdude81

It’s not about what EPCOT was. I’m for mostly all the changes. Their however, is 0 reason why figment and imagination should be in the state they are in. Just refurb the ride put inside out or figment and whatever else back in imagination. Sell that merch and (mostly) everyone is happy.
Correct that they should at least keep the ride working if they aren't going to do an update after all these years. But almost no one would be happy with a basic refurb, especially if that switched to a different IP that is already dated.

DoleWhipDrea

I know fans get concerned when a ride isn’t maintained, but honestly this is a glaring problem throughout the entire WDW Resort. It ranges from attractions that are in desperate need of an update (like Imagination) to major E-tickets that aren’t going anywhere (Expedition Everest.) This is an operations issue. I wouldn’t worry about the pavilion’s future over broken effects...they will “get around” to fixing it like they fixed one of the screens in the finale a few months ago. I wish they were more on top of these things. Disneyland is much better in regards to upkeep. I would love to see the angler fish in The Seas working again...

Disney needs to preserve at least some of EPCOT’s legacy and garner back some goodwill from fans. Horizons isn’t coming back. Spaceship Earth’s message is being adjusted for the new direction of the park. But the Imagination Pavilion still stands, and it’s fought to stay, as fans have fought for keeping it. After the changes made with V.2 Disney couldn’t just nix out Eric Idle after 2 years, so Dreamfinder couldn’t come back for V.3 - but Figment could, and it was a temporary replacement until the funds could be allocated for something great. Other IPs have come and gone and will continue to, but Imagination’s original message will never be outdated. That’s why, as long as fans express themselves, we have a chance at getting an updated version of the original JII in the next several years.

The Grand Inquisitor

I know fans get concerned when a ride isn’t maintained, but honestly this is a glaring problem throughout the entire WDW Resort. It ranges from attractions that are in desperate need of an update (like Imagination) to major E-tickets that aren’t going anywhere (Expedition Everest.) This is an operations issue. I wouldn’t worry about the pavilion’s future over broken effects...they will “get around” to fixing it like they fixed one of the screens in the finale a few months ago. I wish they were more on top of these things. Disneyland is much better in regards to upkeep. I would love to see the angler fish in The Seas working again...

Disney needs to preserve at least some of EPCOT’s legacy and garner back some goodwill from fans. Horizons isn’t coming back. Spaceship Earth’s message is being adjusted for the new direction of the park. But the Imagination Pavilion still stands, and it’s fought to stay, as fans have fought for keeping it. After the changes made with V.2 Disney couldn’t just nix out Eric Idle after 2 years, so Dreamfinder couldn’t come back for V.3 - but Figment could, and it was a temporary replacement until the funds could be allocated for something great. Other IPs have come and gone and will continue to, but Imagination’s original message will never be outdated. That’s why, as long as fans express themselves, we have a chance at getting an updated version of the original JII in the next several years.
I honestly bet once Rat and Guardians open up they will announce Figment and Brazil for 2023-2024.

Homemade Imagineering

@marni1971 Would you happen to possibly know if gutting the current imagination building would even work? I’m not sure if the entire building is up to code right now, to allow for such a drastic change. Then again, I don’t know a whole lot about construction, so I’m not sure what safety laws are required to allow for the gutting of buildings.

lazyboy97o

@marni1971 Would you happen to possibly know if gutting the current imagination building would even work? I’m not sure if the entire building is up to code right now, to allow for such a drastic change. Then again, I don’t know a whole lot about construction, so I’m not sure what safety laws are required to allow for the gutting of buildings.
How much a building has to be brought up to code depends on the scope of work being done. Gutting requires everything be brought up to code. Gutting can make things easier especially with the open structural design used in the parks.

Touchdown

I would have no problem with them demolishing and replacing with a similar structure (pyramids must remain) if the building can’t be brought up to code.

Homemade Imagineering

I would have no problem with them demolishing and replacing with a similar structure (pyramids must remain) if the building can’t be brought up to code.
And I agree, I wouldn’t have any problem with it IF it means that figment and hopefully dreamfinder return for v4, and yet demolition is the one of the proposals I hope Disney doesn’t go with, because if they do, then that means that they can put anything in that space themed to any IP that has to do with imagination, which kind of makes me worried...

Crazydisneyfanluke

Majority of things that had closed have been rotting for years with not love. Nobody went to it because of the condition it was in.

It should be about what EPCOT was. It was a celebration of man kind. It should still be a celebration of man kind. Not somewhere they want to build bars over a Fountain of Nations. Put a walk through water feature where they used to celebrate the greatest inventions of the time. Use a IP nighttime show to replace the history of Earth.

People need to start holding TDO to a higher standard for their parks, otherwise we get bars, dance parties, and festival centers.

WDW Guru

It's coming to the point that no one knows of him...🙄. Case in point by this person...

I'm not gonna lie, that was a terrible watch. It's hard to believe that somebody could completely be ignorant to Figment and the Imagination pavilion existing after two full days at the park. Also he suggested that Bing Bong should replace Figment. And thats ILLEGAL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom