TMNT at WDW in the 90's

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
Original Poster
I came across an old photo from 1991 taken during one of our WDW trips. I was 4 so don't remember at all (kid in the photo not me). Googled to see if they were actually at the parks and was surprised to find that they were.

Does anyone know where this photo was taken? (TMNT one)

Bonus photo from the same trip with the 20th anniversary candles.

Screenshot_20190924-001354.pngScreenshot_20190924-001413.png

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I came across an old photo from 1991 taken during one of our WDW trips. I was 4 so don't remember at all (kid in the photo not me). Googled to see if they were actually at the parks and was surprised to find that they were.

Does anyone know where this photo was taken? (TMNT one)

Bonus photo from the same trip with the 20th anniversary candles.

View attachment 413329View attachment 413328
Your photo was in the back hub Area of Streets of America where BlackSpire Outpost now stands..And yes they also did a small stage show/Meet & Greet.

JIMINYCR

I fondly remember those MGM days and the Streets of NY. DS was a fan of those characters. They would put on a short show and then do a M&G. A few years later the Power Rangers did a similar stint there.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Wonder if he's hiding in the outpost?
Ninja Turtles rights are owned by Eastman/Laird & Viacom which is why they are on Nickelodeon..

Nickelodeon bought the TMNT IP outright in 2009.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They would drive out in their turtle Wagon and do a little skit thing...

It was at the end of the street near where the backlot trams would run out into the mockups

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I'm still an enormous TMNT fan and have a huge collection of MIB TMNT's. I loved back in the day getting to meet them at Hollywood Studios and still have pictures of it from back then. I lived through the original phenomenon and was the perfect age for it and I don't know if there has been anything like it since honestly. Still an extremely passionate fanbase to this day and I can't see ever not being a TMNT collector for the rest of my life.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom