News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

UNCgolf

I still maintain that the original Rivers of Light was probably the most Epcot-y show Disney's done since Illuminations and Tapestry of Nations. Technically compromised, but had that blend of mystery and whimsy Tapestry had.

I loved Rivers of Light -- it wasn't quite as good as Illuminations, but it was far better than the current fireworks show at the Magic Kingdom (it has TOO much going on; you don't even know what you should be looking at. The castle projections? The fireworks? What do you want to miss?).

TTA94

Hopefully EF won’t disappoint and won’t fit in the category of “Alive With Magic” :oops:. Then again there is one big difference between the two... big booms that never disappoint lol.

Figments Friend

It had better be the 80's synth heavy sounds of "feel the flow" and some some cheezy orchestral version they use.

It needs to be this -

Makes you want to put on some tight 70s bell-bottom trousers with a flared collar dress shirt and dance between the photovoltaic cells on the roof of the Energy Pavilion !

Just like Marty Sklar...
( well, i always see him dancing to this between the solar panels....yes, i do. Don't ask why. )
:)

-

Last edited:

aladdin2007

It needs to be this -

Makes you want to put on some tight 70s bell-bottom trousers with a flared collar dress shirt and dance between the photovoltaic cells on the roof of the Energy Pavilion !

Just like Marty Sklar...
( well, i always see him dancing to this between the solar panels....yes, i do. Don't ask why. )

-

Look how beautiful and uncluttered it was back in the day.

Papillon

Nah. Not that I know of.
Oh no! As the Parks (particularly Epcot) are 'evolving' in a way that I'm less than enamored with, I was holding out hope that some gem would surface on the 50th to bring me back to their glory. Bruce Broughton had some time ago alluded to mastering his work from Epcot and I thought what better time/place to commercially release (as part of an overall WDW box set) than with this event. Happy to see the tribute with Epcot Forever, but was hoping for something more complete to complement the 50th. btw, been watching this site and these boards for years, but had to register to comment on this...that's how much I had hoped for good news on this front. While I'm here, your work is amazing Martin! Thanks for everything you do for us!

Surfin' Tuna

We watched the fireworks tonight, and they are looking pretty good. I'd still rather have ROE, but it is going to be good show. The next show...I'm not holding out too much hope for that one.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like some cranes behind the Africa Outpost area, could this be to unload equipment for the new show?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looking at it closer there is a smaller crane and a larger one. My guess is that the small one is being used to assemble the larger one. The large one is pretty big.

jrhwdw

Welp, Bio needs to get to his helicopter.
Does he own 1 or does he just take copter rides every weekend? That would get costly I'd imagine.

Looks like the full EF:

As awesome as this looks, starting to get cold feet/doubt about ROE's closing! I HOPE this is a good idea!!!! Not talking HMUS, just ROE to EF.

I was only 7 in 1992, so does anyone remember the weather rules for the Surprise In The Skies Kites? Will we see EF Kites most nights are are they afraid of wind?

trainplane3

Does he own 1 or does he just take copter rides every weekend? That would get costly I'd imagine.

Looks like the full EF:

As awesome as this looks, starting to get cold feet/doubt about ROE's closing! I HOPE this is a good idea!!!! Not talking HMUS, just ROE to EF.

I was only 7 in 1992, so does anyone remember the weather rules for the Surprise In The Skies Kites? Will we see EF Kites most nights are are they afraid of wind?

He does the helicopter tours that are in Orlando.

Also, finally someone tried to go over to the bridge!

Figments Friend

I am really looking forward to seeing this on Opening Night.
Spoiler free...i am not watching any of the above videos.

The soundtrack is quite nice however...what i have heard to date.
This is part of the reason i am looking forward to seeing this.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom