News Tomorrowland love

Monorail_Orange

My kids like wind in the willows...

Just because something isn't hugely popular doesn't mean it lacks appeal. Some things are just easy to like and enjoy and thus can stick around well past their "prime".
This all goes back to what we've said before, IP is not nearly as important as execution. You can have a fantastic IP and execute poorly...and get mediocre results. You can have an unpopular or "forgotten" IP and knock a home run with a well-executed attraction. The two aren't completely disconnected...popular IP + great execution = a grand slam.

Expo_Seeker40

You know...

By streamlining the entrance more, getting rid of the roof doo-dads, and (eventually) removing the chrome fins, you can have a streamlined grey, white, purple, and blue color scheme, with waterfalls at roof height, keeping some of the rocks, and mixing it in with new natural landscaping.
tomorrowlansignentrance.jpg

KikoKea

You know...

By streamlining the entrance more, getting rid of the roof doo-dads, and (eventually) removing the chrome fins, you can have a streamlined grey, white, purple, and blue color scheme, with waterfalls at roof height, keeping some of the rocks, and mixing it in with new natural landscaping.View attachment 412132
Without those fins and stuff on both sides, the new entrance sign frames Astro Orbiter nicely- at least from a certain angle. With all the planets lit, it just might make for an amazing entrance. I like your roof-level waterfalls.

ImperfectPixie

My kids like wind in the willows...

Just because something isn't hugely popular doesn't mean it lacks appeal. Some things are just easy to like and enjoy and thus can stick around well past their "prime".
Mine do too! Not enough though, apparently.

#savetoad
My youngest has been enjoying The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad on the regular for the last 5 years. It's one of his favorites!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I can somehow understand Buzz, stich, maybe not monsters inc... BUT TRON?!?!! who thought that IP could be a cool one to add?? make the same ride and make it IP-less. Wich kid knows tron? wich adult likes tron?

TRON works perfect for a rollercoaster experience though. It's probably one of the most well-known Sci-fi movie franchises Disney has made (and not needing to go elsewhere for the IP) plus I'm sure we're getting it here because a lot of the R&D budget already went into the Shanghai one.

You don't need to know a complex plot to enjoy it, or even know about the movies. The idea of being sucked into an arcade game is about as simple a plot as possible. It has a VERY specific style that people love though.

Additionally, Daft Punk provided an amazing futuristic soundtrack that really enhances the experience as well (having said this, I have not personally been on the ride in Shanghai, only seen videos)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
TRON works perfect for a rollercoaster experience though. It's probably one of the most well-known Sci-fi movie franchises Disney has made (and not needing to go elsewhere for the IP) plus I'm sure we're getting it here because a lot of the R&D budget already went into the Shanghai one.

You don't need to know a complex plot to enjoy it, or even know about the movies. The idea of being sucked into an arcade game is about as simple a plot as possible. It has a VERY specific style that people love though.

Additionally, Daft Punk provided an amazing futuristic soundtrack that really enhances the experience as well (having said this, I have not personally been on the ride in Shanghai, only seen videos)
I’ve also only seen videos, but I too think TRON will be a perfect fit aesthetically.

Buzz, MILF, and Stitch ... not so much.

Donaldfan1934

I’ve also only seen videos, but I too think TRON will be a perfect fit aesthetically.

Buzz, MILF, and Stitch ... not so much.
I get the problem with MILF, but outside of the fact that they’re based on animated IP, I don’t get the issue some people have with Buzz and Stitch. Perceived quality of the individual attractions aside, there’s no denying their basis in science fiction.

hauntology

I get the problem with MILF, but outside of the fact that they’re based on animated IP, I don’t get the issue some people have with Buzz and Stitch. Perceived quality of the individual attractions aside, there’s no denying their basis in science fiction.

Buzz is totally based off the space-age astronaut hype during the Cold War (hence why he's designed to be opposite of Woody) and Stitch is literally an alien criminal who crashlands on Earth, stalked by both his creator, a galactic federation, and a CIA Operative. They're both superbly sci-fi, but only the former ride really goes that route. It would be cool to have a Stitch dark ride in SGE's place.

999th Happy Haunt

Buzz is totally based off the space-age astronaut hype during the Cold War (hence why he's designed to be opposite of Woody) and Stitch is literally an alien criminal who crashlands on Earth, stalked by both his creator, a galactic federation, and a CIA Operative. They're both superbly sci-fi, but only the former ride really goes that route. It would be cool to have a Stitch dark ride in SGE's place.
Stitch is a bit of a stretch for me. No doubt it has lots of sci-fi elements, but it doesn't really take place in the future.

TrainsOfDisney

to be clear... I wasn’t saying buzz and stitch don’t make sense in tomorrowland... just they clash with the classic Tomorrowland theme. Tron seems to go yet another direction in theme.

Donaldfan1934

I 100% agree with everything you said here, especially your dark ride idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom