The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sometimes, very self-sufficient guys are funny . . . on those rare occasions when they're not. ;) :joyfull:

Long story short, even though I've had my Real ID for a few months now, hubs was dragging on his (in his defense, he wasn't planning on flying anywhere this year). But I told him that he needed to get it done by the end of this year (in MA), and to do it now, before it got too busy.

So I got all the documents ready that he needed (including getting a certified copy of his birth certificate from Colorado). Gave it all to him the other day, and said everything was ready for him to take to the AAA office.

Then he says to me, "So when are we going?" ("WE"?? I told him it was HIS license and I was not needed! :D) "Oh ... " he says. So, I looked at him and said, "Why do you think I should go with you?" Hubs: "I just thought it was better that we go together." :rolleyes:

Whatever, I went with him yesterday, and sat on the side while he went up to the various service desks. When it came time for the charge, he calls me over and tells me the amount. (I'm looking at him like he's crazy.) He asks, "Should I use the credit card?" Me: "Yes, of course, why do you ask?" Hubs: "I just wanted to be sure." :hilarious:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Sometimes, very self-sufficient guys are funny . . . on those rare occasions when they're not. ;) :joyfull:

Long story short, even though I've had my Real ID for a few months now, hubs was dragging on his (in his defense, he wasn't planning on flying anywhere this year). But I told him that he needed to get it done by the end of this year (in MA), and to do it now, before it got too busy.

So I got all the documents ready that he needed (including getting a certified copy of his birth certificate from Colorado). Gave it all to him the other day, and said everything was ready for him to take to the AAA office.

Then he says to me, "So when are we going?" ("WE"?? I told him it was HIS license and I was not needed! :D) "Oh ... " he says. So, I looked at him and said, "Why do you think I should go with you?" Hubs: "I just thought it was better that we go together." :rolleyes:

Whatever, I went with him yesterday, and sat on the side while he went up to the various service desks. When it came time for the charge, he calls me over and tells me the amount. (I'm looking at him like he's crazy.) He asks, "Should I use the credit card?" Me: "Yes, of course, why do you ask?" Hubs: "I just wanted to be sure." :hilarious:
I don't want to hear you complain that he never takes you out anywhere 😉

StarWarsGirl

Maybe this is a guy thing? My dad does not order his own food at CS locations. He has my mom and me do it for him. His excuse is, "Well, I have people for that."

When we went to Hawaii, he and I were down at the pool, and I wanted a shave ice. He's like, "Oh, get me one too." Then he listed the flavors. I told him he was a big boy and he could order his own shave ice. He did.

Of course, in choosing the flavors, he read down the list and picked three that were in order. 🙄

Oh, not to mention the incident back in February. We were in two different rooms at Pop, and our 7 pm flight got cancelled. I saw that there was availability on the 8 pm flight, so I switched myself to it. I got a panicked call from my mom that they couldn't change theirs. It was trying to charge them. So I rushed to get dressed, kept it from B that there was a problem because he would have just freaked out, then ran across to the next building where my parents were, and got on the computer.

He was clicking on the wrong thing. Instead of clicking where it said $0, he was clicking where it said there was a charge. I remind him of this when he tries to tell me he's smarter than I am.

wdwfan4ver

I dislike Halloween passionately too. I don't like the holiday anyway (I actually have a planned work from home day because my workplace is really into it and I just have no desire to participate) but the older I get, the more I dislike it.

One of my friends actually had to come stay with me for a few days over Halloween a few years ago. Where she was living at the time, kids will come and vandalize cars and houses. She was in an apartment, but we didn't want her car vandalized. There's no trick or treating on my street, so we hung out and watched movies.
I was not always like this as an adult. Going into this decade as an adult, I had no problems passing out candy. The problem is more caused by the surroundings.

It does not stop me from eating Pumpkin spice soft service sundae though:hungry:.

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Teachers shouldn't be preaching their political views in class. That is wrong. They can therefore not be unbiased to a student who may not agree with them. I am amazed your dd was able to take an AP class freshman year. I always thought you needed to be a senior to take one. That was the way it was when I was in school. Of course things may have changed in the last 30 years.🙄

Agreed. Students as me all the time about my views and who I vote for. I don't share my views, when they ask me why I tell them it isn't my job to share my views, it is my job to share facts on different issues and help them learn how to find their own information and make up their own minds. Also when they ask me who I voted for, because I do wear my "I voted" sticker on election days, I tell them I voted for a person. They roll their eyes at me!

donaldtoo

Agreed. Students as me all the time about my views and who I vote for. I don't share my views, when they ask me why I tell them it isn't my job to share my views, it is my job to share facts on different issues and help them learn how to find their own information and make up their own minds. Also when they ask me who I voted for, because I do wear my "I voted" sticker on election days, I tell them I voted for a person. They roll their eyes at me!

You should tell them you voted for a mouse...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)

StarWarsGirl

How can you hate Halloween thoooooo? Think of all the terrible horror movies just waiting to be watched!
Is a time when a lot of black cats get adopted to be part of someone's Halloween costume and then are later discarded. Or worse, tortured during rituals. Shelters have to take extra precautions during Halloween with black cat adoptions. And a holiday that perpetrates a stupid superstition about black cats is a holiday worth hating. https://m.petmd.com/cat/seasonal/ct_evr_black_cats_halloween_adoption

That's not my only reason, but it is a huge part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom