News Tomorrowland love

trainplane3

KBLovedDisney

It’s called construction.

They didn’t “release” anything. They are in the process of installing the new sign. It can’t all be done in one night. This is nothing new. Similar installations have happened at Disney parks (and universal) for decades. To try to blame “TDO” is absurd.
I understand that with big projects like say GE, but a sign? They couldn't leave the old one up until they finished the new one and then replaced it then?

Or what if this is the done one and it is just leaving us wanting more...

peter11435

I understand that with big projects like say GE, but a sign? They couldn't leave the old one up until they finished the new one and then replaced it then?

Or what if this is the done one and it is just leaving us wanting more...
Even small projects can’t always be completed in a single night. Especially when the park often only has 6ish hours without guests present.

Leaving the old one up until the new one was ready wouldn’t solve what you’re complaining about. I didn’t see you complain about the missing sign for months, but rather the state of the sign during its multi night installation process.

KBLovedDisney

Even small projects can’t always be completed in a single night. Especially when the park often only has 6ish hours without guests present.

Leaving the old one up until the new one was ready wouldn’t solve what you’re complaining about. I didn’t see you complain about the missing sign for months, but rather the state of the sign during its multi night installation process.
I think my complaints are more so towards art choices more than anything else. I digress though and will give this time, and maybe this new 'apple' design will grow on me.

KikoKea

Well, let's hope there'll be more to the sign. I can't imagine it not being lit at night, so they'll probably get that hooked up soon. And that leaves open the possibility there is more to it. Or, if not, they will redo TL's theme to match the minimalist, sleek sign. Well have to wait and see.

Sir_Cliff

They seem to be on a mission to eradicate all "personality" (theme, details) from everything, from resort rooms to shops in the parks to Epcot Springs just to name a few etc...Its an awful trend that I never thought we would see happen at Disney World.....but as for this tomorrowland sign its definitely sounding like they are not done yet.
Eh, I don't think theming means applying decorative elements to everything. If that were the case, the new Beauty & the Beast bar at the Grand Floridian would be a definitely upgrade as it's applying more "personality" (theme, details) to what was a fairly minimally decorated space that fits the theme of the hotel. I don't think that is the case, and I also think this sleeker, more minimalist approach would look far better across Tomorrowland than all the metal fins, spaceship towers, etc.

Bocabear

It’s called construction.

They didn’t “release” anything. They are in the process of installing the new sign. It can’t all be done in one night. This is nothing new. Similar installations have happened at Disney parks (and universal) for decades. To try to blame “TDO” is absurd.
then WHY would they put an illustration of an unfinished sign on the map? That doesn't make a lick of sense...

rickdrat

I mean, I'd ride it. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom