Entertainment cuts

dreamfinder

Did you try the food? We went for the first time several years ago and it was awful...horrible food (even for an amusement park), terrible service, zero shade...we only stayed an hour. Thank goodness someone had given us tickets.

They used to have a soft serve place on the way out. Huge hand made waffle cone, big ice cream covered in strawberries for like $5. That would be my lunch when I went. Nothing else looked remotely tasty.

Prototype82

I miss when Animal Kingdom had live music EVERYWHERE you went. I miss the shamans gracing the amphitheater of Rivers of Light and casting shadows on the boats, making it feel like you were part of something REAL and sacred in mindblowingly-detailed costumes that are now hanging in a closet somewhere...the Harambe soccer team running through the crowd and tossing balls to you to headbutt, the singing village Karibu sisters dancing with children and adding to the authenticity of the streets. These things made it feel like a real village. They weren't dispensable. They made the place feel alive. That Animal Kingdom was amazing. But the execs really don't care. It's sad. Next time you spot the kora harpist in Harambe Market, don't walk past. Stop, listen, and appreciate her and her soft voice. Because with the way this company is going, you have to appreciate what you have before it's gone.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Regarding animal kingdom there was a steel drum band that used to play throughout the park and a great acrobat / juggler show in dinoland.

Lucky the dinosaur was also great while he lasted. The imagineers were really going somewhere cool with him, muppet mobile labs, and the living characters (aka talking Mickey).

ABQ

Burudika's contract has reportedly not been renewed; their final performance is October 13th.

This one hits hard; we go out of our way to make it to at least one performance each trip. Starting to get nervous about what might be next.
Lots of people hammered Rohde about this today on his Instagram as he's in the AK this morning with many of the execs behind this decision. He won't respond to them, but he will read them.

TrainsOfDisney

Lots of people hammered Rohde about this today on his Instagram as he's in the AK this morning with many of the execs behind this decision. He won't respond to them, but he will read them.

Poor guy. He’s been extremely open and available on his Instagram.... a decision like that is not his to make. I would love to see an Animal Kingdom that was run with 100% Joe’s decisions. Would be an amazing park.

matt2394

Burudika's contract has reportedly not been renewed; their final performance is October 13th.

This one hits hard; we go out of our way to make it to at least one performance each trip. Starting to get nervous about what might be next.

I can't wait until they turn Harambe into Zootopia because apparently, an authentic recreation of an African village isn't "Disney enough" for the Bobs.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
No rose-colored glasses here: I see the putrid corruption of the complaining going on.
Funny I see a person trolling a message board in a desperate attempt to be noticed.

As if you know whether anyone is actually sweating bullets or not. Perhaps this is also another example of "The Problem With Disney Fans" - claiming that they know what Disney execs are thinking. LOL. What inane nonsense!

You don't need to take my assessment of it. Reputable insiders on this board with insight and sources, of which you will never have, have said as much is happening.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No rose-colored glasses here: I see the putrid corruption of the complaining going on.

As if you know whether anyone is actually sweating bullets or not. Perhaps this is also another example of "The Problem With Disney Fans" - claiming that they know what Disney execs are thinking. LOL. What inane nonsense!
“Putrid corruption?” Unfamiliar with the concept of a discussion forum, are we?

Bairstow

It's really sad to see Muppets go.
Live puppeteering was the perfect way to bring those characters to the public, and they did such a brilliant job of having them pop out of existing structures and places without actually changing the physical structure of the land. I can think of no better way to "plus" an area like Liberty Square.

VaderTron

View attachment 411731

I can't wait until they turn Harambe into Zootopia because apparently, an authentic recreation of an African village isn't "Disney enough" for the Bobs.
When a zoo keeper killed Harambe the world lost their minds and sent hate mail and bomb threats to the Cincinnati Zoo. Can't imagine what people would do to Disney if they killed another Harambe for a zoo-themed IP. o_O

bUU

Or I can continue to visit a very good amusement park every few years, and lament the days when it was more than that.
Who has said anything against lamentation? Not I. I've made the point a dozen times this month alone that there is a difference between expressing sorrow, on the one hand, and presuming to judge what others are doing as part of their jobs, on the other hand.

It's also interesting to think about a person spending 10% of their year at WDW. I mean, how many times can you ride Alien Twisty Saucers before you realize you are in a land that would barely make the grade at Six Flags?
The fact that all you seem to be able to acknowledge about the land is a ride within it underscores the myopia that is the underlying cause of your egoistic and wrong-headed insulting of other guests. I suppose you haven't (or won't?) consider that people have different affinities, and therefore that there are people - people just as good and worthy as you - who appreciate things differently from you.

bUU

(That never got answered. There was a suggestion that you answered it in your all-opinion-no-facts hooey post, which showed evidence of nothing.)
Nonsense. You just didn't like the answer.

Wrong reaction.
Because you're the sole arbiter of how people should react to things. Crazy.

You made an incorrect assessment of my statement, and there’s no way around that.
No: You didn't like my assessment of your statement, and there's no way around that.

bUU

The feeling runs true, even though you don’t share it.
I have nothing to do with it.

And ignorance isn’t always as blissful as you’d like it to be....
You're the one ignoring the reality of how much more successful the business is now than twenty or thirty years ago, in a vain attempt to rationalize trying to present your own dissatisfaction as something more important than it is. Who's being ignorant?

bUU

I’m so sorry to see Muppets in Great Moments go!
Kudos for a reasonable response to the news amid all the inanely self-ratifying nonsense that others disappointed have posted.

Funny I see a person trolling a message board in a desperate attempt to be noticed.
So basically you're looking in the mirror?

How about you give up with the personal insults? Coming from someone who disagrees with me means that they just look like a desperate attempt to have something to say despite not actually having a legitimate response to what I posted.

You don't need to take my assessment of it. Reputable insiders on this board with insight and sources, of which you will never have, have said as much is happening.
Funny I see people trolling a message board in a desperate attempt to be noticed.

Hint: Insiders can give you insight into what the status of work in progress. They can't tell you anything about what anyone else is feeling and any who claim to are just messing with you.

“Putrid corruption?” Unfamiliar with the concept of a discussion forum, are we?
One would hope folks would want to aspire to something better than a vapid echo chamber.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The fact that all you seem to be able to acknowledge about the land is a ride within it underscores the myopia that is the underlying cause of your egoistic and wrong-headed insulting of other guests. I suppose you haven't (or won't?) consider that people have different affinities, and therefore that there are people - people just as good and worthy as you - who appreciate things differently from you.

The entire land is a mess. That ride and it's stunningly bad upkeep are just the worst offender. Like I said, it would barely make the grade at a Six Flags park.

Also, it's not about what I or anyone else specifically enjoys. It's a land and a ride that simply do not live up to Disney's Legacy.

This is your fundamental misunderstanding. And you persist with it past all reason.

Kid's love cardboard boxes. They simply adore them. Should there be a cardboard box land at Epcot? After all, kids will enjoy it. Surveys say, kids like cardboard boxes after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom