News Tomorrowland love

JohnD

Any chance they will bring back the white towers?

The new sign clashes bad with the rotted husk of the ‘94 Tomorrowland look. That photoshop restoring the original clean white look goes with the sign perfectly

Speaking of 1960s retro, I think that is the $64,000 question.

trainplane3

I think the roof fins on the Stitch building now need to go...this new sign would work better with the tower plus Astro Orbiter visible together in the distance without obstruction IMHO
I would like to see them go too but they were just painted white a couple months ago so I feel they're sticking around.

britain

IMO, the lettering is too small and out of scale with the land. But, if they made the lettering larger, it would start to wrap around the ring it's sitting on. So, they should have mad the ring bigger. But then, the ring would be too big. So, they should have made the ring an ellipse.

That is all.

Making the ring an ellipse is the same thinking that would have given us THIS space mountain:

Think honest architecture, not theme park signage.

Bocabear

Here's a site that reminds you of the old sign and shows you the new:

https://ziggyknowsdisney.com/tomorrowland-sign-magic-kingdom/
Even that is not the whole original story. Parts of the original entrance were removed either because they looked bad with age, or hurricane damage...the original sign had a dome on top...
The new entrance just looks unfinished... I get the white minimalism, but even understanding that concept this looks like a miss.

JohnD

Even that is not the whole original story. Parts of the original entrance were removed either because they looked bad with age, or hurricane damage...the original sign had a dome on top...
The new entrance just looks unfinished... I get the white minimalism, but even understanding that concept this looks like a miss.
View attachment 411716View attachment 411715

The old entrance looks too cluttered to me. I like the new clean look. I know. We all have our preferences.

rkleinlein

The more I look the less I like it. The visible seams make it look so chapek--I mean cheap. That the professionals running the place failed to notice whatever the yellow thing is under the "M" speaks volumes. I wonder if it's still there. And no lights? Is that part of the new policy of unveiling half-finished things? Surely there are going to be lights, right?

KikoKea

First thing my DH said when I showed him the picture of it was, "Is it finished?"

It's very plain, which could work if TL were made into the white, blue, purple sleek Tron theme. I just don't see how the bright paint fits the minimalist theme. And, I cannot imagine they would bother to paint those bright colors if they're just going to turn around and paint over it in white or silver, etc.

peter11435

The more I look the less I like it. The visible seams make it look so chapek--I mean cheap. That the professionals running the place failed to notice whatever the yellow thing is under the "M" speaks volumes. I wonder if it's still there. And no lights? Is that part of the new policy of unveiling half-finished things? Surely there are going to be lights, right?
It’s not done

punkabella

Maybe something in the center...tie it into the Astro Orbiter... Repeat the lines of this entry in other architecture...

The sphere could be clad in RGB digital screens to be constantly changing ...Evolving, clouds moving , color changes...It could be magnificent...

That's a great idea, I think the idea of moving beyond just Earth would be awesome too. That could happen with the digital screens projecting different planets, starts, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom