News Another Drunk Banned for Life

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
To be really honest I really do not like the idea of the parks selling alcohol. I think a exception should be only served at the nicer full service restaurants. Just too many idiots that completly ruin the atmosphere for everyone else especially all the kids!
On behalf of the millions of people who responsibly enjoy alcohol at WDW every year, we appreciate how you think banning alcohol will improve our vacation experience.

First, I am not a fan of smoking. I quit more than 20 yrs ago and I encourage anyone who does smoke to quit.
Second, there are no facts to back up that "second hand smoke" is an issue. You may not like how it smells, etc., but it is not a health risk.

Anyone you find who says it is, is basing their opinion on pseudo science. When you really look at the solid studies done on it, there is statistically no difference between those being exposed to second hand smoke regularly and those who are not.

It's just one of those things where people go "Smoking is bad", "It must be bad to be near it", "Second hand smoke is bad."
But it is not.

That being said, if you smoke, quit. It will kill you.
Yeah, those pesky pseudo-scientists at the Centers for Disease Control clearly have an agenda to push...

Last edited:

NelsonRD

First, I am not a fan of smoking. I quit more than 20 yrs ago and I encourage anyone who does smoke to quit.
Second, there are no facts to back up that "second hand smoke" is an issue. You may not like how it smells, etc., but it is not a health risk.

Anyone you find who says it is, is basing their opinion on pseudo science. When you really look at the solid studies done on it, there is statistically no difference between those being exposed to second hand smoke regularly and those who are not.

It's just one of those things where people go "Smoking is bad", "It must be bad to be near it", "Second hand smoke is bad."
But it is not.

Second hand smoke can be just as bad as first hand smoke, although consumers find it much cheaper....

Touchdown

But it is not.

Yup, the entire health community is in on the conspiracy. I bet you think the moon landing was faked, Darwin was a fraud, climate change isn’t real, and obesity doesn’t lead to heart disease. It’s just not worth arguing science with people who refuse to argue with scientific methods. Pubmed (free resource) is peppered with studies linking environmental smoking exposure to cardiovascular disease, lung disease, etc.

jaklgreen

But it is not.

Tell that to my body. My parents smoked like chimneys when I was growing up. I always reeked of cigarette smoke, even to the point where everyone at school thought that I smoked because I smelled so badly of it. My parents would have to wash the walls in the house every year from the tar that was left on it from their smoking. The water would turn black from just a small area. And your saying that all of that would not affect a person's lungs? I believe that is just a lie that smokers tell themselves so they don't have to feel guilty about exposing anyone else, including their children, to these harmful chemicals. I now have medical issues related to their smoking as if I was a smoker myself for 18 years. When I moved out at 18 and was able to breath normal, clean air for a while, I felt so different and so much better. Like I was breathing freely for the first time.

Hoopsters

One down!

Although shame on Disney for shoving alcohol in their guests' faces every ten feet, then banning them if they actually drink it.
Totally agree with you. My adult Dd and I were are WDW in May which was the first time in 8 years. What a change! ALCOHOL EVERYWHERE! I drink but this is ridiculous. We went up to many EPCOT refreshment stands, no non-alcoholic versions of the fruitful cocktails. More obviously drunk people. Disney Springs on Sat. night was a spectacle with drunk parents and over tired young kids!

DavidS1234

Alcohol is not shoved in your face. A few bottles on a kiosk, or beer tap, it is pretty low key. For decades I have been exposed to countless ads for cigarettes, but, I still don't smoke. I don't like smoking, I just ignore the ads.

The photos of that woman show her wearing a "5:00 Somewhere" shirt. The professional alcoholic does not wear a shirt like that, better to not advertise that you might be getting wasted. There waI find 50 year olds posing by themselves with a character to be creepy.

One less weirdo who can't handle their drink is good.
...I find 50 year olds posing by themselves with a character to be creepy.

One less weirdo who can't handle their drink is good.

darn it... *deletes post-margarita photo with Kylo Ren at HS*

Minthorne

To be really honest I really do not like the idea of the parks selling alcohol. I think a exception should be only served at the nicer full service restaurants. Just too many idiots that completly ruin the atmosphere for everyone else especially all the kids!

I wonder what would happen to attendance if they made alcohol sales at the other parks like the MK.
Personally, I'd be going to Universal more often.

beertiki

darn it... *deletes post-margarita photo with Kylo Ren at HS*

If it's a quick photo as he is walking around the park, that's normal. Kylo is also an adult, and a PG 13 character. The ones that I find creepy are the age 40 plus, with no children, standing in line for half an hour with a bunch of 6 year olds to pose for a photo with a princess.

Minthorne

If it's a quick photo as he is walking around the park, that's normal. Kylo is also an adult, and a PG 13 character. The ones that I find creepy are the age 40 plus, with no children, standing in line for half an hour with a bunch of 6 year olds to pose for a photo with a princess.

No kidding - and when they get up to the front of the line I tell them I'm no princess; I'm a Queen! Yet they still want the picture....

fngoofy

Tell that to my body. My parents smoked like chimneys when I was growing up. I always reeked of cigarette smoke, even to the point where everyone at school thought that I smoked because I smelled so badly of it. My parents would have to wash the walls in the house every year from the tar that was left on it from their smoking. The water would turn black from just a small area. And your saying that all of that would not affect a person's lungs? I believe that is just a lie that smokers tell themselves so they don't have to feel guilty about exposing anyone else, including their children, to these harmful chemicals. I now have medical issues related to their smoking as if I was a smoker myself for 18 years. When I moved out at 18 and was able to breath normal, clean air for a while, I felt so different and so much better. Like I was breathing freely for the first time.
Let me amend my statement.
Living in a coalmine with the Marlboro Man and doing toner shots is not going to be good for you.
Passing someone who is smoking and smelling it is not an issue (unless you are asthmatic.)
Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, sorry.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
The irony I see, is that some people go to WDW to forget about their daily stresses. Then when they're there, they get so drunk to even remember much about being at WDW in the first place. 🤷‍♀️

jaklgreen

Let me amend my statement.
Living in a coalmine with the Marlboro Man and doing toner shots is not going to be good for you.
Passing someone who is smoking and smelling it is not an issue (unless you are asthmatic.)
Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, sorry.

I understand where you are coming from. But one of MY issues from growing up with smokers is that I now have a severe allergy to cigarette smoke. I can pass by and smell it and have an immediate reaction to it in the form of a migraine, plugged up nose, and throat irritation. All of these just from smelling cigarettes as I pass by. I have gone to see doctors about this and have been told that this is in fact a severe allergy to cigarettes that they see more and more. Most people can pass by a smoker and have no reaction to it. But there are those of us that do and it is miserable. Imagine smelling something and then getting a sharp migraine pain in your head immediately that just knocks you down and couple that with the feeling that you can't breath. There is no medicine for this. I tell you this because many people are not aware that there people out there that DO get affected just from smelling it and it is no joke. It is a horrible way to live. Going to the grocery store is a gamble because of those who smoke in the parking lot and right up to the door. People get affected in different ways. Some smokers will go their whole lives without getting cancer or COPD. That does not mean that it is safe. The same goes for second hand smoke. You can not make a general statement that it does not affect anyone. It obviously does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom