New Tomorrowland sign

ELG13

Original Poster
I'm pretty underwhelmed....I hope that it looks better at night. The old sign was so....Disney and themey and awesome!!!

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

It appears that they're trying to evoke the Theme Building of LAX:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theme_Building#/media/File:LAX_LA.jpg

Perhaps they're going retro-Space Age as the new theme of Tomorrowland.

I actually kind of like it.
Now that I see that as a reference, it looks good, but the wording on the sign?

What if instead of putting the title Tomorrowland on top of the sign in hard to read typeface and font size, why couldn't they have put it in striking silver on the lining of the sign and maybe inner-lay it with neon that would come on at night and actually evoke that Tron feeling?

Heppenheimer

Now that I see that as a reference, it looks good, but the wording on the sign?

What if instead of putting the title Tomorrowland on top of the sign in hard to read typeface and font size, why couldn't they have put it in striking silver on the lining of the sign and maybe inner-lay it with neon that would come on at night and actually evoke that Tron feeling?
I guess I'll withhold an assessment until I actually see it in person. It's hard to gauge perspective and sight-lines from these pictures.

KBLovedDisney

I guess I'll withhold an assessment until I actually see it in person. It's hard to gauge perspective and sight-lines from these pictures.
*Sigh* Yeah, I've been quick to judge lately when it comes to their design choices. I still am curious and maybe this design will hold out, but I do have questions.

ppete1975

there is too much clutter, i hope this is just the beginning. i wish they would remove the rocks.
but keep the astro orbiter
that being said.. in person it might look great though i miss the original and version 2 much better

Hank Hill

I usually don't like to complain about updates and changes as I think Disney get too stuck in past sometimes and appreciate trying to move forward. But this is a horribly terrible change, to me at least. But then again, I never stopped to look at the old sign all that much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom