Dinner at MK during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party?

DoleWhipDrea

Original Poster
I'm going to MVMCP with my husband and his parents (visiting from the west coast) on the very first night of the event! This will be our first ticketed Disney event we attend at Disney World, and we're very excited to see Magic Kingdom in all its holiday glory.

Somewhere in my research (I could have sworn it was from a DFB video) I heard that the table service dining locations open during the party offer special dinner menus that are holiday-oriented, so the moment I found out that we were going, I booked a reservation for Be Our Guest just after the party starts. My MIL is pretty much obsessed with Christmas and she also loves Beauty and the Beast, so I figured that this would be something really special for her to experience.

However, as time has worn on and I've tried to research more about the party, I can't seem to find anything actually supporting the change in menu for the event. I've also read that a lot of people advise against doing any sit down dining during the event to maximize time. Does anyone know if the menu changes for MVMCP at all? Should we just stick to quick service, and if so, do you have any favorites/recommendations for things to try besides sweets? I'm all for the cookies and hot cocoa, but I want to be able to eat something substantial for dinner, too...

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The ADR's during the party are only for party guests so I guess that's something?

At some QS locations (thinking of Cosmic Ray's in particular here) they do have some meal options that are only available during the party. There are also certain snacks at some snack and QS locations that are only available during the party.
There's also the included cookies, hot chocolate, snow cones, pretzels etc offered at certain locations.

I would not recommend an ADR during the party.
I'd recommend an ADR for prior to the party starting or personally I like to have a lunch ADR outside of the park since often times I will only be going to the party that day and not doing a park prior to that.

Zé_Carioca

I second that you shouldn't do a sit down meal during the party, if you can schedule it for 5-6 that way you can be done before the party officially starts at 7, that is best, if not you can always try a quick service during that party that way it doesn't take too long. I'm not a fan of MK quick service ideally, stop at one of the resorts on the monorail loop on your way to the party as their food is better, especially captain cook's at the Poly. If you do eat at MK i'd personally suggest Pecos Bill (tex mex) or columbia harbor house (seafood). Pinocchio comes third has flatbreads/italian and isn't terrible and I do love the cozy environment. I personally am not a fan of Cosmic Ray's (burgers) but that is a nice place to visit for those who haven't been due to the Sonny Eclipse show.

The party also usually has a stop that offers something that is not sweet in one of the free treat stops, last year it was a snowman shaped pretzel to help take a break from the sweets.

Also if your MIL is a fan of Christmas and BATB I highly recommend eating at BOG another night, during the holidays they put up the tree from the BATB Christmas sequel and it just has an extra magical feel about it.

This isn't relevant to this trip but I also, recommend visiting Epcot during the International Festival of the Holidays in the future since Belle meets in her Christmas gown and they have Christmas traditions and foods from around the world so its a great event for those who love the holiday magic.

Janir

The ADR's during the party are only for party guests so I guess that's something?

At some QS locations (thinking of Cosmic Ray's in particular here) they do have some meal options that are only available during the party. There are also certain snacks at some snack and QS locations that are only available during the party.
There's also the included cookies, hot chocolate, snow cones, pretzels etc offered at certain locations.

I would not recommend an ADR during the party.
I'd recommend an ADR for prior to the party starting or personally I like to have a lunch ADR outside of the park since often times I will only be going to the party that day and not doing a park prior to that.
I'd second that. Plan your ADR for before the party if you can. The DW and I did that for BoG just before the MNSSHP last month and it worked out perfectly. Just as we were done with and early dinner it was early party time.
That worked for us as we have AP's so getting into the party before they normally allow for party time would cost a day's ticket but with a AP that was a non issue so keep that in mind for your situation.
There are some nice dinner places you can manage at any of the resorts along the monorail which makes it an easy hop to MK post dinner for your party. Some might even be doing some special Xmas dinners or specials you could call and find out.

I guess its really up to you and how you want to plan your own day. Whats the real difference between spending a normal day ticket and having dinner in a park vs spending a night party ticket in the same park and having dinner during the party other than giving up party and attraction low wait times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom