The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

Frankenstein79

Maybe they plan on bringing the Liberty Square show to Hollywood. Liberty Square was always a bit of an odd place for the show anyways.

There’s a lot of foot traffic going in different directions and there’s hardly anywhere to sit, except the ground.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Muppets Most Wanted made 80.4 million USD

Monsters University made 744.2 million USD

enough said

Muppets Most Wanted was terrible

if Disney could ever figure out how to use the Muppets, they would be fine but they never have got it.

It can be for kids (muppet babies) and adults (which they've also tried).
why not go back to the original muppet show style and try that again

TOCPE82

Matt Vogel doesn't just voice Kermit. The voice is a really small part, which is why they don't just hire a voice actor from YouTube. The manipulation of the puppet is the part that takes a lot of talent. His voice is jarring after being used to hearing Steve Whitmire's version but he is actually closer to Jim Henson's voice.
Was going to say this. Go back and watch the Muppet Show then listen to Whitmire's Kermit. Vogel's is solid and he's already improved a bunch, and in time I'm sure we'll all get used to it. If Matt was just trying to sound like Steve then we'd be even further from Jim's Kermit.

TOCPE82

That said, I don't think there has been a smoother transition than Eric Jacobson taking over for Frank Oz. I can tell the difference, but damn sometimes it's hard.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Saw this show about a week or so ago. Sadly, it was very average and definitely out of place.

Average compared to what? Like do you think the castle show and trolley show are better? Or move it shake it?

Out of place I can understand, even though I really love the muppets. Of course If Donald can “shake his tail feather” down Main Street I’m pretty sure Kermit can teach history in Liberty square but maybe that’s just me. Ha.

RoysCabin

What's kind of sad in all of this is that the Muppets make for an IP that seems well-suited for theme parks and live experiences; so much of the humor of the old Muppet shows and movies involves the subtle realization that this frog, pig, bear, and other assorted weirdos are all just existing in the real world alongside flesh and blood people, creating a tangible quality to what they do, something that translates well when you then try and put them into a themed physical space.

Makes me wistful when I look back on some of the original ideas for the Muppets Courtyard at MGM, really could've been something great, even if what we got was still memorable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom