"The Problem With Disney Fans"

bUU

And that distinguishes you from many of the other posters here. As you rightfully pointed out, the conflict isn't about saying what we like and don't like. Rather, it is claiming to know what's best for Disney when the reality is that what you actually know and are sharing is what's best for yourself.
Why do you care so much that some people on the internet dislike New Disney.
You are clearly not reading what you're replying to.

The problem I'm citing is the incessantly heavy-handed browbeating by a certain group of posters who evidently think they are entitled to an unrebutted soapbox for their armchair quarterback-ing of the running of a business that is clearly far beyond their expertise.

[

Problem is, that some (I mean some) people in here are fans and some are fanatical, to the fanatical saying anything negative about Disney is the same as saying their 3yo looks like Yoda.
Nonsense. The only fanaticism here is the ridiculous attempts to pass off the fanatic's dislike as analysis of the business' decision, as if their own personal preferences are all that matter in the world. That is, in a nutshell, "The problem with Disney fans."

Last edited by a moderator:

Shouldigo12

Nonsense. The only fanaticism here is the ridiculous attempts to pass off the fanatic's dislike as analysis of the business' decision, as if their own personal preferences are all that matter in the world. That is, in a nutshell, "The problem with Disney fans."
Honestly, I would say that's just a problem with internet fan communities in general. I don't know if I've ever been involved in a community, Disney or otherwise, where there wasn't a very vocal group constantly tearing down anything the authors/directors/park CEOs/game developers/etc do and where the community (ALL of the community, for the sake of fairness) seemed to think they were experts in the subject.

Animaniac93-98

if something costs hundreds of millions and takes years to build, it better be good, or & else we as consumers are not getting our monies worth.

Disney pays people to think about what goes into their parks and to care about how they’re presented. You’re not smarter or more rational for declaring how much you don’t, despite the money and time you spend in them.

You don’t care? That’s fine, but you don’t need to repeatedly tell us. Not posting or responding is just as effective.

Phil12

if something costs hundreds of millions and takes years to build, it better be good, or & else we as consumers are not getting our monies worth.

Disney pays people to think about what goes into their parks and to care about how they’re presented. You’re not smarter or more rational for declaring how much you don’t, despite the money and time you spend in them.

You don’t care? That’s fine, but you don’t need to repeatedly tell us. Not posting or responding is just as effective.
But no matter how you cut it, there are still a few people that think CBJ and Tiki Room are good shows.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Honestly, I would say that's just a problem with internet fan communities in general. I don't know if I've ever been involved in a community, Disney or otherwise, where there wasn't a very vocal group constantly tearing down anything the authors/directors/park CEOs/game developers/etc do and where the community (ALL of the community, for the sake of fairness) seemed to think they were experts in the subject.

Or some people who think just because we are posters on an internet forum... aren't experts in the subjects. Or.. that simply because someone holds a position, they are an expert. Anyone with enough seat time in business will tell you the number of seat-warmers or buddy hires they've had to suffer through in their careers.

Too many people think Disney should behave just like every other mediocre company.. and justify moves with "well thats how its done".. a mindset that builds companies of insignificance... not companies that lead and disrupt.

there are still a few people that think CBJ and Tiki Room are good shows.
09162019.gif

Tony the Tigger

So according to you if Disney practiced something in the past then 'inarguably' it should be accepted and practiced today. Got it.

Do you know how wack jack that line of thinking is? .....better to sit back, breathe in some logic and fairness and rethink your absurd position.

Well, when you misstate it that way...
People forget that IPs have actually been around since the beginning of Disneyland. Davy Crockett was an IP and so are all those Disney movies, many of them based off of old stories.
IP existed since the very beginning. Mickey and Donald were on hand at Disneyland Park for Opening Day, July 17, 1955.

Hey mharrington,

Serious question:
What does the fact that Disney was using IP early on have to do with anything?

Is that your feeble justification for dropping Frozen in Norway? Guardian in Epcot.

So your argument is since it has been done yesterday it should be accepted and practiced today. That is pure folly.
Again, so what.

So that means it's the right thing for today,........ really?!
Inarguably, yes.

You were responding to two posts not just talking about "Disney" doing something "in the past," but about "Disneyland" "from the very beginning." That means Walt did it. So yes, inarguably, it "should be accepted and practiced today."

DoleWhipDrea

In Disney’s defense, as with all things, it is impossible to please everyone. What adjusts the number of the dissatisfied customers is how bad the overall product turns out. No matter the percentages of guests, there will be people on forums such as this one that will express their dissatisfaction.

As a paying customer, one has every right to express that they’re dissatisfied with something. If you go to a restaurant and order a dish that explicitly lists certain items for that plate, to which you are brought a dish that doesn’t have what was advertised or comes out burnt or undercooked or tastes bad, you have a right to say that this doesn’t meet your expectations - and the restaurant is expected to do something to fix it. If they make it right, you will hopefully be a return customer, maybe leave them a good review on yelp to encourage other people to visit. Businesses count on positive responses and reviews from all types of visitors. That’s how they stay in business.

Disney doesn’t have just one theme park. They’re all over the world, and Disney’s biggest theme park fans will even travel to countries they would otherwise never visit if there wasn’t a Disney Park there. “Influencer” or not, fans will express their opinions to their friends and families and will still act as an influencer in some capacity. If a greater majority of fans of the parks are dissatisfied, word of mouth will spread and it will hurt Disney’s ROI.

Shouldigo12

Or some people who think just because we are posters on an internet forum... aren't experts in the subjects. Or.. that simply because someone holds a position, they are an expert. Anyone with enough seat time in business will tell you the number of seat-warmers or buddy hires they've had to suffer through in their careers.

Too many people think Disney should behave just like every other mediocre company.. and justify moves with "well thats how its done".. a mindset that builds companies of insignificance... not companies that lead and disrupt.
I never called out anyone specific and I never said Disney should have a mediocre product. I was just saying something I've noticed occurs in a lot of online communities. No need to get up in arms.

I haven't seen the altered versions of the shows before.
CBJ Christmas was a must-do for us back when it was a thing. Tiki Room Under New Managment with Iago & Zazu was a one and done deal.
She aint pretty but I aint too... LOVE Country Bears! Blood on the grouuuuund... LOL!
I'll always have a place in my heart for these musical shows. Realistically I can't expect them to stay forever, and I understand they're not the top of the line in park attraction popularity, but still, they each have their own charm worth revisiting each trip.

And of course, we can't overlook our fallen brethren in this category of musical animatronic show. (A moment of silence, if you will. 🙁 )
kitkb0919.jpg

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Can someone tell me if OFFHAND DINSEY used his own footage for once or was he using footage he stole from others in this new video like he always does?

bUU

I agree. It seems that the anonymity fosters a dark streak. However, there is a difference: I see nothing wrong with people sharing that they don't like something. What I find offensive - really: damaging to the community - are claims that seek to make personal dislike sound more important than it really is.

Not posting or responding is just as effective.
One would reasonably expect that people who don't like something would post less or not at all about it. That's just not the way it seems to work - is it?

bUU

You were responding to two posts not just talking about "Disney" doing something "in the past," but about "Disneyland" "from the very beginning." That means Walt did it. So yes, inarguably, it "should be accepted and practiced today."
Yes. It should be accepted by those critics and practiced, anyway, if it successfully satisfies enough guests (even if those guests satisfied doesn't include the critics), but surely if the critics are grounding their criticisms in some claims about the founder, then anything he did "inarguably" should be accepted by them, today.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yes. It should be accepted by those critics and practiced, anyway, if it successfully satisfies enough guests (even if those guests satisfied doesn't include the critics), but surely if the critics are grounding their criticisms in some claims about the founder, then anything he did "inarguably" should be accepted by them, today.

Then if it deviates from when Walt was running things we should collectively take off our sabots and toss them into the looms in an attempt to slow down the rate of change?

Then all guests must light up a cigarette as they pass the turnstiles.

Shouldigo12

I agree. It seems that the anonymity fosters a dark streak. However, there is a difference: I see nothing wrong with people sharing that they don't like something. What I find offensive - really: damaging to the community - are claims that seek to make personal dislike sound more important than it really is.

One would reasonably expect that people who don't like something would post less or not at all about it. That's just not the way it seems to work - is it?
Oh, I have no problem with people posting about their dislikes either. I wouldn't want to be on a forum where people are censored for not having the "right" opinion. But you're right. People on both sides will act like their opinion is the absolute truth and get nasty when others disagree, and that's not doing anything to make this a welcoming and fun environment to discuss something that I think we can all agree is important to us.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom