News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

Surfin' Tuna

From everything I've seen over the last couple of months, I think I (we perhaps) will enjoy this show. The only problem is it will just be another let down when the new thing starts. Nothing like pulling the band-aid off really slowly to make sure it really hurts...

Touchdown

Looks like about 8 min, which I’m sure is about as long as ROE is if you take out the LED globe portion. That’s pretty beefy for a temporary show, it sure as heck beats Disneyland’s FitS and is about as long as Mix Magic that Park’s two most recent temporary shows

Fantasy in the Sky:

Mickey’s Mix Magic:

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Looks like about 8 min, which I’m sure is about as long as ROE is if you take out the LED globe portion. That’s pretty beefy for a temporary show, it sure as heck beats Disneyland’s FitS and is about as long as Mix Magic that Park’s two most recent temporary shows

Fantasy in the Sky:

Mickey’s Mix Magic:

IDK if we can confirm the test vids is the whole show. I was just wondering if the insiders know the time.
I haven't seen any kites yet... too low from Boardwalk?

trainplane3

IDK if we can confirm the test vids is the whole show. I was just wondering if the insiders know the time.
I haven't seen any kites yet... too low from Boardwalk?
Going off the video of the kites Disney put out, I'd say way too low. They don't look to get near the top of a pavilion let along over them to be seen from the BW.

Side note, why has no one tried to walk over and record the soundtrack? you'd probably see more and hear it from the bridge close to the IG.

TTA94

Hopefully EF is popular and not a “seen it once, don’t care to see it again” type thing. I think it will be popular among Epcot fans, myself included, but I’m not so sure for those that are not familiar with Epcot’s history, or could just care a less about its history. Hopefully there is enough mix of old and new in there, and also wow moments.

Imagineer777

Going off the video of the kites Disney put out, I'd say way too low. They don't look to get near the top of a pavilion let along over them to be seen from the BW.

Side note, why has no one tried to walk over and record the soundtrack? you'd probably see more and hear it from the bridge close to the IG.
View attachment 410852
I was thinking about this earlier, why hasn't anyone tried this?

trainplane3

Security is very very tight for this. Perhaps the walkway from Crescent is closed.

Not to mention the audio isn’t always piped over the PA.
Ah, good point. I personally would try to walk towards the end of the boardwalk area (perhaps to the little covered area by the water) to get a bit more audio since that looked open.
This little thing:

mightynine

As much as I hate to see Illuminations go, I am looking forward to EF. Any word about a holiday tag as I'll be there first week of December?

jrhwdw

Security is very very tight for this. Perhaps the walkway from Crescent is closed.

Not to mention the audio isn’t always piped over the PA.

Interesting that EF has security before October 1st! Wonder why so much? They want to get Epcot's history just right?

Tavernacle12

Hopefully EF is popular and not a “seen it once, don’t care to see it again” type thing. I think it will be popular among Epcot fans, myself included, but I’m not so sure for those that are not familiar with Epcot’s history, or could just care a less about its history. Hopefully there is enough mix of old and new in there, and also wow moments.

I imagine it’ll be popular since Epcot shows tend to be fairly easy to get into. Everyone for the first few months will stop and watch regardless, and due to the subject matter it’ll have good will online that Rivers Of Light never quite got. If the fireworks and music are good it’ll be a hit.

KevinPage

Wouldn’t it be the ultimate irony that the popularity of this show everyone wants to stay allows Bob the Butcher to delay or save $$$ by just keeping EF and not sinking more precious “executive bonus dollars” into a something new? 😂

I mean, this is very un-Chapek like. Normally they would end ROE and come up with some corporate BS about why it’s good to give guests nothing at night for 9 months.

I guess he just loves the idea of IP’s so much, damn the expense 🤩

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom