The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We are in for a warmer week here, it will be in the high 70's to 80's. That's fine when I'm home but in my classroom it is going to super hot and uncomfortable. Last week the temps outside were in the high 60's to low 70's and it was so hot in my classroom. Ugh! Plus it is homecoming week, the kids will be pumped up for that. On the bright side, tonight is homemade pizza night!

MySmallWorldof4

We are in for a warmer week here, it will be in the high 70's to 80's. That's fine when I'm home but in my classroom it is going to super hot and uncomfortable. Last week the temps outside were in the high 60's to low 70's and it was so hot in my classroom. Ugh! Plus it is homecoming week, the kids will be pumped up for that. On the bright side, tonight is homemade pizza night!
Can’t you open windows? If it 60’s or 70’s outside that should cool things off. Unless of course there are no windows.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Can’t you open windows? If it 60’s or 70’s outside that should cool things off. Unless of course there are no windows.

I have one window that opens halfway the other window doesn’t open. Outside my window is the blacktopped parking lot so by midday the heat is baking off that and radiating into the room. Also outside my room is a brick wall that is part of our old gym so with that and the pavement it turns into a little oven next door. I do have fans but like I said by midday a fan in the window only brings in more hot air.

MySmallWorldof4

I have one window that opens halfway the other window doesn’t open. Outside my window is the blacktopped parking lot so by midday the heat is baking off that and radiating into the room. Also outside my room is a brick wall that is part of our old gym so with that and the pavement it turns into a little oven next door. I do have fans but like I said by midday a fan in the window only brings in more hot air.
That stinks. It is hard for you to teach in that, and probably harder for the kids to focus. A shame they couldn’t install window air conditioners.

wdwfan4ver

That stinks. It is hard for you to teach in that, and probably harder for the kids to focus. A shame they couldn’t install window air conditioners.
There was no window Air conditioners back at the schools I went to. It was not fun, but It was something I had to get used to despite me having problems with heat back when I was a kid.

If any other public schools had air conditioning, it was the central air type. I only remembered my high school having that, but it was for the bottom floor only.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom