I got an idea for Journey Into Imagination.

shadowalker47

Original Poster
I have been reading all the different discussions on the boards and I think I have Idea that will allow Disney to include intellectual properties while still keeping the original characters intact. My idea is to take the ride and story format of Mystic Manor with some minor changes. In the original Mystic Manor you have an explorer and his mischievous monkey that accidentally releases some wild spirits from a cursed idol.
In my idea the explorer is replaced with Dreamfinder, Figment will replace the monkey, and instead of a cursed idol you have a bag of forgotten dreams. The story is simple Dreamfinder collects forgotten dreams to give the to new children. While he goes to check his lists of children he leaves Figment to watch the bag. Once Dreamfinder is out of sight a head pops out of the bag. It is Bing Bong the lovable imaginary friend from the movie Inside Out. He and Figment talk and decide to be friends. Figment opens the bag up and Bing Bong stumbles out and unwittingly releases all of the dreams escape from the bag. The rest of the ride would follow Figment and Bing Bong as they try to corral the runaway dreams. The ride would conclude with Dreamfinder sucking the dreams back up into his bag. He starts to scold Figment for his carelessness, but forgives him instead when he realizes that he was just trying to help his new friend. Figment and Bing Bong then head to Figment's room to play. This would end the ride and guests would then exit into the play area\ gift shop.
I also have two ideas to add to the gift shop and increase profits for the attraction. The first would be to take the old photo shop where you get your picture taken with various backgrounds and change it into photo bombed with Figment and Bing Bong. It would use the same type backgrounds, but during the photo session will appear that Figment and Bing Bong will do something silly in the background. My second idea would be one I think everyone would enjoy and that is a Build a Figment or Bing Bong of Your Own Imagination. This would be similar to the Build a Bear shops and in fact they might be a good sponsor for the shop.
What do you think of my ideas? I am hoping that maybe some of my idea might make it to an Imagineer.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Homemade Imagineering

I have been reading all the different discussions on the boards and I think I have Idea that will allow Disney to include intellectual properties while still keeping the original characters intact. My idea is to take the ride and story format of Mystic Manor with some minor changes. In the original Mystic Manor you have an explorer and his mischievous monkey that accidentally releases some wild spirits from a cursed idol.
In my idea the explorer is replaced with Dreamfinder, Figment will replace the monkey, and instead of a cursed idol you have a bag of forgotten dreams. The story is simple Dreamfinder collects forgotten dreams to give the to new children. While he goes to check his lists of children he leaves Figment to watch the bag. Once Dreamfinder is out of sight a head pops out of the bag. It is Bing Bong the lovable imaginary friend from the movie Inside Out. He and Figment talk and decide to be friends. Figment opens the bag up and Bing Bong stumbles out and unwittingly releases all of the dreams escape from the bag. The rest of the ride would follow Figment and Bing Bong as they try to corral the runaway dreams. The ride would conclude with Dreamfinder sucking the dreams back up into his bag. He starts to scold Figment for his carelessness, but forgives him instead when he realizes that he was just trying to help his new friend. Figment and Bing Bong then head to Figment's room to play. This would end the ride and guests would then exit into the play area\ gift shop.
I also have two ideas to add to the gift shop and increase profits for the attraction. The first would be to take the old photo shop where you get your picture taken with various backgrounds and change it into photo bombed with Figment and Bing Bong. It would use the same type backgrounds, but during the photo session will appear that Figment and Bing Bong will do something silly in the background. My second idea would be one I think everyone would enjoy and that is a Build a Figment or Bing Bong of Your Own Imagination. This would be similar to the Build a Bear shops and in fact they might be a good sponsor for the shop.
What do you think of my ideas? I am hoping that maybe some of my idea might make it to an Imagineer.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
So I guess I’ll be the first to respond to the thread, and honestly I think this idea sounds great if Disney decides that they must include some sort of IP for imagination V4. However, I think I’d just prefer to have figment and dreamfinder back, and have inside out go into the play pavilion. Regardless, this is a very creative and smart idea if Disney really feels that IP integration is necessary for imagination V4

The Lochness Monsta

It's an interesting idea, but I don't know if Disney would want to do another trackless ride in Epcot. They are putting one in France (with Ratatouille) and in Hollywood (with Star Wars RotR).

Homemade Imagineering

It's an interesting idea, but I don't know if Disney would want to do another trackless ride in Epcot. They are putting one in France (with Ratatouille) and in Hollywood (with Star Wars RotR).
At one point ALMOST every attraction in Epcot was an omnimover, and trackless doesn’t mean much in regards to scenery or specifically dark ride quality. Trackless rides can vary in scenic environments.

The Lochness Monsta

At one point ALMOST every attraction in Epcot was an omnimover, and trackless doesn’t mean much in regards to scenery or specifically dark ride quality. Trackless rides can vary in scenic environments.

Yep, I see your point. I was thinking the same thing after I wrote my last post. There are a slew of boat and dark rides throughout the parks.

But it does seem like Disney World has tried to not do the same thing over and over, with their most recent attractions.

Flight of Passage
Navi River
Smugglers Run
Rise of the Resistance
Slinky Dog

shadowalker47

Original Poster
Yep, I see your point. I was thinking the same thing after I wrote my last post. There are a slew of boat and dark rides throughout the parks.

But it does seem like Disney World has tried to not do the same thing over and over, with their most recent attractions.

Flight of Passage
Navi River
Smugglers Run
Rise of the Resistance
Slinky Dog
What I was thinking that they could take the basic ride mechanics of Mystic Manor, a very popular attraction overseas, and give it a different overlay. Kind of like they did with the Dinosaur ride in DAK and the Indiana Jones ride in California.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom