News Another Drunk Banned for Life

Disney Drew

On a somewhat related note, Rose and Crown has Innis and Gunn again, and it's fantastic.
Come on up to Canada (Ontario, at least)! We have it all the time! Definitely a favourite of mine ;)

jaklgreen

No. It is the alcohol. In my experience it is an addictive substance that makes everyone intolerable. Everyone that drinks... everyone... says 'No no. It's not me. I am a responsible drinker. It must be everyone else that is the problem'. That is a telltale sign of a big issue with consumption.

Ban all the alcohol for life from Disney parks. Every guest will be better for it.

This is not true at all other then the statement that alcohol is an addictive substance, but only to those with and addictive personality. There are plenty of people that can have a casual drink every once in a while and not become alcoholics. I don't drink very often, maybe a couple of times a year and that is only 1 or 2 fruity drinks at the pool. I, and millions of others, are able to imbibe occasionally and not become sloppy drunks. These are facts, not some delusion on my part that I am hiding being an alcoholic. If what you are saying has been your only experience with people and alcohol, then I would suggest you find other people to share your time with.

Heppenheimer

Honest question from someone who doesn't go to the parks nearly as often as I would like. The article said she was "unsteady on her feet." If she had been drunk to that point before entering, would security have let her in?
Possible that maybe she pounded a few in the parking lot, then entered the gate before the alcohol started to really show its effect.

But that is a good question. Would the park security let in someone who was obviously intoxicated? That would seem like a big red flag that trouble is on its way.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Is there any evidence of her going on a "drunken rampage" while inside HS? If she was on a rampage while still in the park, why wasnt she stopped? Where are the witnesses? Who/what was she rampaging? The title of the article says, "arrested after drunken rampage through HS".

I dont think she ever entered the park. Seems like she got out of the cab and asked for a cigarette to smoke before she went in, and when she couldnt get one, she started hitting the cab driver. Why would she ask for a cigarette before getting into the cab, which you cant smoke in?

ABQ

She clearly loves Disney and lacked control in her drinking, a year ban should have been sufficient.

Epcot is a booze park that has poorly trained staff who don't know or don't care about spotting drunks and don't know how to tell them no more drinks or are just backed up and empowered to do that.
But this took place outside the Studios, not Epcot.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
One down!

Although shame on Disney for shoving alcohol in their guests' faces every ten feet, then banning them if they actually drink it.

IF you had carefully read the article, it's clear she showed up at DHS extremely intoxicated. No indication where she was BEFORE she appeared at the park entrance.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Do we even know she was served in the park? I can't count the number of times I've seen people in their cars "pre-gaming" in the parking lot to imbibe without paying Disney prices.

The article stated she visits WDW weekly, so I'm thinking a local. She took a taxi to DHS. Got drunk at home?

TeriofTerror

Honest question from someone who doesn't go to the parks nearly as often as I would like. The article said she was "unsteady on her feet." If she had been drunk to that point before entering, would security have let her in?
I don't know if we know that she was actually inside the park. Everything appears to have occurred in the parking lot.

Sir_Cliff

Is there any evidence of her going on a "drunken rampage" while inside HS? If she was on a rampage while still in the park, why wasnt she stopped? Where are the witnesses? Who/what was she rampaging? The title of the article says, "arrested after drunken rampage through HS".

I dont think she ever entered the park. Seems like she got out of the cab and asked for a cigarette to smoke before she went in, and when she couldnt get one, she started hitting the cab driver. Why would she ask for a cigarette before getting into the cab, which you cant smoke in?
Yes, it's very unclear from the article whether she had taken the taxi to the park or was in the process of catching a taxi from the park. Perhaps it was the drink that drove her to visit DHS rather than DHS that drove her to drink?

kurtk

I sometimes like a drink or two at Disney. Especially walking around WS. But I stayed at Coronado Springs this summer and was waiting for a bus at 7:30 in the morning. This guy was either drinking a beer or carbonated apple juice;-) Could not believe that. He had his young family with him. My teenagers thought he had an Australian accent so maybe it was 5 o'clock there??

Smiley/OCD

I sometimes like a drink or two at Disney. Especially walking around WS. But I stayed at Coronado Springs this summer and was waiting for a bus at 7:30 in the morning. This guy was either drinking a beer or carbonated apple juice;-) Could not believe that. He had his young family with him. My teenagers thought he had an Australian accent so maybe it was 5 o'clock there??
Well it IS 5 o'clock somewhere...

spacemtnfanatic

There are plenty of GEMS out there that would have cheerfully comped her tickets, given her a free night in a Deluxe, loaded her down with Fastpasses and apologized profusely for that silly Cast Member that walked into her hand like that

TP2000

One down!

Although shame on Disney for shoving alcohol in their guests' faces every ten feet, then banning them if they actually drink it.

I agree that Disney loves to tout alcohol sales everywhere because it's profitable, but the moment some drunk acts a fool Disney security rushes in as the Morality Police and clutches their pearls and says "How dare you be drunk! You aren't worthy of a place like Disney World!!!" Oh, please, you don't mind the alcohol sales at the end of each fiscal quarter, so why does it bother you suddenly now?

That said, there's a minority of folks who just become idiots around the third drink. This lady is obviously one of them. I've been drinking for decades since I was in my late teens, across several generations, and have never once been asked to leave a business (bar, restaurant, theme park), never once been involved with the police or security when I'm drinking (bouncers, police or sheriff, MP's on or off base, etc.), and never even been involved in a fight or serious argument with others when drinking.

On my third cocktail in public, I just want someone to play something on the jukebox that I can Twist to, and I'm happy as a drunk clam. But this lady is cut from very different cloth.

The only vague connection this sloppy drunk has to Disney World is that eventually one of her messy benders had her on WDW property. Just one look at her tells you all you need to know. I'd steer clear of her even when she's sober, because she just has that look.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom