News New Experience Center to open in the Odyssey Events Pavilion

jmuboy

More high res goodness of the Odyssey:
https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...magineering-presents-the-epcot-experience.htm
Walt-Disney-Imagineering-presents-the-Epcot-Experience_Full_36105.jpg

*high res goodness of the quality, not necessarily the building*

I dont hate this....but its just a rehash of the "new" TL paint job. That said, I assume the new exhibit inside will be a lot of what was at D23 EXPO 2019. Looking forward to checking it out.

Casper Gutman

Just don't get this guy...
View attachment 406895
Honestly, I’ve never gotten the hate for this. It was wildly ambitious, strikingly imaginative, and reflected real effort being put into a temporary change to the park. I’d take this any day over slathering irregular blotches of bright paint over aging, archaic buildings,

And I wish people would stop crediting WDW with trying to honor the past by preserving Odyssey, WoL, or half of Innoventions. It’s just easier and cheaper to keep them then to replace them with something reflecting a new vision. With their original purpose and meaning gone, these structures are simply husks, crumbling monuments to dead ideals.

jmuboy

Honestly, I’ve never gotten the hate for this. It was wildly ambitious, strikingly imaginative, and reflected real effort being put into a temporary change to the park. I’d take this any day over slathering irregular blotches of bright paint over aging, archaic buildings,

And I wish people would stop crediting WDW with trying to honor the past by preserving Odyssey, WoL, or half of Innoventions. It’s just easier and cheaper to keep them then to replace them with something reflecting a new vision. With their original purpose and meaning gone, these structures are simply husks, crumbling monuments to dead ideals.

I liked the CASTLE CAKE too

rkleinlein

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks of that monstrosity! Whenever I pass by I think "Well, Disney could do worse..."
I hate this too. Not that every building should (or could) be top-notch design, but it is disappointing that the same company who gave us the Contemporary, Space Mountain, and Spaceship Earth now frequently gives us design and architecture that's absolute dreck.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Disney fixes most of the paint job. Well minus the hap hazard 2!color photo opt walls all guests are ignoring. Who wants a first aid, Restroom, baby changing center photo op???
But that Disney silliness aside the black paint I saw today works better than the earlier version of the update

2CAF9B06-3A11-4CC8-BE51-6E15CDA99C14.jpeg

4521E318-82BB-40DA-99A0-667D72B1EE5A.jpeg

More current, inviting and tranquil transition

Sir_Cliff

That building has always seemed outdated and ugly.
I think my most unpopular opinion about the parks is that the original architecture of Future World beyond Spaceship Earth and the original entrance area wasn't that fantastic and mostly didn't age well. For example, I agree that Horizons was a wonderful attraction. The Horizons building, though? I really don't relate when people talk about that or any of the 1980s pavilions as architecturally interesting or aesthetically pleasing. Perhaps The Living Seas would be an exception, but that's now been ruined with all the metal Nemo characters over the original mural.

rkleinlein

I think my most unpopular opinion about the parks is that the original architecture of Future World beyond Spaceship Earth and the original entrance area wasn't that fantastic and mostly didn't age well.
I agree. With the exception of Spaceship Earth, all the buildings were mediocre from the outset and have not aged well. Unfortunately slapping a few garish stripes of paint on them only makes it worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom