Rumor Is the End of Innoventions Near?

rocketraccoon

Well, as of around 9PM the end of Innoventions did, in fact, come. Just 21 days before its 25th anniversary as well.

RIP

Credit

DreamfinderGuy

I was the last one to walk out of Innoventions today, minus management. I watched the lights turn off, I watched the closing cast clock out and make their walk out, and then there was nobody left but me. Needless to say, it was an emotional goodbye. I teared up a bit, because this pavilion is what started my love for EPCOT Center, even in it’s “Shadow of it’s former self” state. I was among the last dozen or so Club Cool guests, and also the very last to leave the Southwest main hall from CommuniCore, which was very sad. Tonight was upsetting, but I’m glad I got to say goodbye.
74EF0B07-6DD8-477A-9493-60FFE5E9AAAC.jpeg
D29F74F2-78E3-49EA-9564-2D1A6E20AA0E.jpeg
D6C528B8-0580-471B-ADD6-33E950206CCF.jpeg

Cmdr_Crimson

I was the last one to walk out of Innoventions today, minus management. I watched the lights turn off, I watched the closing cast clock out and make their walk out, and then there was nobody left but me. Needless to say, it was an emotional goodbye. I teared up a bit, because this pavilion is what started my love for EPCOT Center, even in it’s “Shadow of it’s former self” state. I was among the last dozen or so Club Cool guests, and also the very last to leave the Southwest main hall from CommuniCore, which was very sad. Tonight was upsetting, but I’m glad I got to say goodbye.
View attachment 407749View attachment 407750View attachment 407751
The only way to say goodbye....:cry::cry::bawling:

Kidblacksmith

View attachment 407749View attachment 407750View attachment 407751
How many people were “last” to leave Club Cool?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought they were keeping Innoventions East?
I don't think anything is planned for where Colortopia etc is now. I think at one point they were going to tear down that back half of the building but they probably will just keep most of it closed. Electric Umbrella doesn't need more room so I don't think they would expand to that area in the remodel.
The east building (both quarters) will be remodelled.

Magic Feather

Interesting they state Electric Umbrella was still open..Maybe they are still trying to figure out a quick service situation for the front half..
Likely just a sign directing people to Sunshine Seasons short term.

As a Brief Aside, I have heard of Inno East or West being converted into temp retail for when Mouse Gear goes down. Has anybody heard which one it actually is? (Or if I am completely off base).

Rue D'Baga

View attachment 407750View attachment 407751

Thank you for saying goodbye for us that weren't able to!

Jwhee

Any idea as to why they added the Spectaculab when they had plans to close the place down? It opened in November 2018

zengoth

Made it a point to walk thru the building that house(d) Club Cool and it did indeed smell like a sewer line had burst. Despite this, the hallway was filled with people enjoying their food ‘n wine and escaping the 110 degree heat. We speculated it was cheaper to raze the building than to repair. Not sure if a lot of folks knew it was the last hours of the Fountain (or the Fountainview) but there were crowds getting their selfies.
F4A164DB-85B9-4605-9C49-FF17517FF1D1.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom