DCLcruiser

Figment is still loved by TDO...

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 11.06.42 AM.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Figment is still loved by TDO...

View attachment 406411

Figment has been the main mascot of Arts ever since it started.

Figment is the main mascot of the International Festival of the Arts, and has a scavenger hunt. But, Figment merch is available at all the festivals.

Remy is the main mascot of the Food & Wine Festival, and has a scavenger hunt.

The International Festival of the Holidays has a Chip & Dale scavenger hunt, though, other than that, there isn't much of a main mascot for that festival.

Similarly, the Flower & Garden Festival doesn't have a main mascot. Its scavenger hunt is the Eggstravaganza hosted by Spike the Bee.

DanielBB8

Imagination is formally part of WorldCelebration. How would Figment be a part of this new land that makes sense?

It no longer makes sense to focus on the inside like Inside Out or Imagination. Everything must be directed on the outside. External celebration of the world. Sorry, just raze the entire building and use the land as part of Canada for a water flume ride. That's what Epcot needs... A fun outdoor water attraction.

Goofyernmost

Imagination is formally part of WorldCelebration. How would Figment be a part of this new land that makes sense?

It no longer makes sense to focus on the inside like Inside Out or Imagination. Everything must be directed on the outside. External celebration of the world. Sorry, just raze the entire building and use the land as part of Canada for a water flume ride. That's what Epcot needs... A fun outdoor water attraction.
Yea, because that wouldn't wander very far away from EPCOT Ctr's. original mission statement.

Homemade Imagineering

Imagination makes more sense in world celebration than it ever did in future world. World celebration is all about celebrating human achievements, and we can celebrate the mind’s ability to imagine up great ideas. Like I’ve mentioned in this thread earlier, the entire Walt Disney company was built on ideas that came from Walt’s imagination...

UNCgolf

Inside out was being looked as a theme. It’s the only IP based based one I know of.

I mentioned it in another thread, but I feel like the timeline in place (i.e., not going to go down for another couple of years and not re-opened for 5 or 6) makes it less likely they'd go with Inside Out. It was very successful, but by then it'll be a decade old.

I know this would just be a guess for you, but do you personally think that would have any effect? My guess is that when it was looked at as a potential replacement it was only a year or two after the movie was released, and if they really liked that plan/wanted to implement it they wouldn't have put Imagination on the back-burner.

Dutch Inn '76

I don't have the attachment to Figment many of y'all do, but there's no reason they couldn't retheme the whole pavilion to Inside Out and include lots of Figment and Dreamfinder. That seems like a no-brainer to me.

Of course, that means they won't do it.

Homemade Imagineering

I don't have the attachment to Figment many of y'all do, but there's no reason they couldn't retheme the whole pavilion to Inside Out and include lots of Figment and Dreamfinder. That seems like a no-brainer to me.

Of course, that means they won't do it.
I think that inside out would Definately work for some kind of 4d attraction in the magic eye theater, similar to something along the lines of Shrek 4d, but in my opinion I think inside out should most definitely go in the play pavilion as an attraction of some sort, most likely a show.

Homemade Imagineering

If demolition is what Disney eventually decides on for the fate of imagination, I would not be as optimistic, because with the complete leveling of imagination, they have space to build whatever they want, possibly even non imagination related, which kind of worries me. Hopefully, if Disney decides to demolish imagination, they rebuild it back into something imagination related, with the possible return of dreamfinder, and not something completely different and IP based. However, with the current concept art of renovated Epcot, and the model at d23, it makes me feel a tiny bit more optimistic for the future of imagination, but then again, nothing is official for imagination yet, but Disney probably put it on the concept art, either to fill in the space, as they may not know what they’re going to do with it yet, or they kept the imagination pavilion intact, because of the current proposal they are going with at the moment, may include the original building with the glass pyramids intact. Why don’t all of you guys give me your thoughts on this. I think this would make a fantastic discussion!

MatheusPG

Inside out was being looked as a theme. It’s the only IP based based one I know of.
Do you know anything about the proposal that demolishes Imagination? Would it be a new pavilion? Dining area? New Country? Maybe the rumored canadian log flume ride?

OSX

No, the creators were saying "You wanna watch Eric Idle get the crap kicked out of him by Figment for seven minutes for saying everybody who rode his ride was braindead and that a bunch of random optical illusions were the solution to fixing your brain?"
To be fair, they didn’t really have that much of a budget. I believe the WDI team that were tasked to create the current version basically “secretly took” some of the budget from Mission Space to make something that at least captured what the first version had. In this case: Figment.

Last edited:

DoleWhipDrea

I think at this point the pyramids are staying. Every EPCOT fan talks about how the Horizons building was demolished, but that’s because of the sinkhole that formed underneath...they needed to clear everything out before they could build on that spot again. Wonders of Life’s building is being kept for the Play Pavilion.

Just demolishing a building is very costly. The pyramids are one of EPCOT’s most beautiful and recognizable features...I think they’re safe.

pdude81

I'm sure that engineering can figure out a new way to maintain those glass panels from the inside if they were to gut the Pavilion rather than knock it down and start over. Other than that I don't really understand why they'd want to go through all the trouble of demolition. People don't knock down McMansions to build ranches on the same property... at least not often.

Please use the space you have!

87a25d5be4ba9e9e36ef40f27ae30826.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom