News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We will have a better idea in a few days. But then again, from what we saw with Dorian...the models will change a lot. The track of the wave itself isn’t encouraging right now. We will see.

I looked at a couple historical hurricane paths and it looks like if it forms it generally only takes a few days to trek across the ocean. But out of like 46 hurricanes generated there that came across the Atlantic in the past ten years, only 4 of them looked like they hit the bahamas or the states.

So fingers crossed.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Disney stepped up to help the Bahamas, so now its time for Universal to match them. They may not own a cruise line but they have a deal with one partnering on a combo vacation so there is no excuse for them not to help their neighbors. Disney is constantly helping and is one of the most generous companies in America. It should make all of us happy that they don't just keep all of our money for their benefit but use some of it for the benefit of others.

As of 2016, they aren’t even in the top 20 charitable US companies according to Fortune.

I’m glad they are donating. I’ll leave it at that.

Da Bird is Da Word

We arrived to Magic Kingdom at 7am and they opened at 7:15, 45 minutes before the announced time of 8 o clock. We were the first guests in Tomorrowland and on Space Mountain. Everything in the park is a virtual walk on. We’ll likely do everything in the park multiple times today. It’s not even drizzling anymore. Park is practically empty and all the rides are running. We got so lucky. :) Everyone have a wonderful day ~

Attachments

• 7CE6EA49-ABE6-4B30-87D1-5C057C212369.jpeg
    7CE6EA49-ABE6-4B30-87D1-5C057C212369.jpeg
    137.8 KB · Views: 141

BoarderPhreak

Orlando International Airport (MCO) will resume operations at noon today after airport management consulted the National Weather Service (NWS) regarding weather conditions.

This allows enough time for damage assessment, sweeping the airfield for debris, security preparations, and staff call backs for airport and federal agency employees, MCO said in a news release.

Passengers should contact their airlines prior to arriving at the airport to ensure their flights are available.

Jordanaous

We arrived to Magic Kingdom at 7am and they opened at 7:15, 45 minutes before the announced time of 8 o clock. We were the first guests in Tomorrowland and on Space Mountain. Everything in the park is a virtual walk on. We’ll likely do everything in the park multiple times today. It’s not even drizzling anymore. Park is practically empty and all the rides are running. We got so lucky. :) Everyone have a wonderful day ~

We're having the exact same experience. Even rides with wait times are woefully inaccurate. Buzz said 10 minute wait, it was 60 seconds from start of the queue to sitting down on the ride.

JohnD

Looking crazy out there. We know about Dorian. Fernand is going west into Mexico as a TS. Gabrielle is going NW out to sea. Another one (in orange) could form but it's way north already. And now another disturbance forming off Africa.

two_atl_0d0.png

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
They just downgraded that other one off Africa. We've been discussing it for two days now. This morning it was a 70% formation in the next five days, but is now only 60%. Hopefully that means its breaking up.

JohnD

They just downgraded that other one off Africa. We've been discussing it for two days now. This morning it was a 70% formation in the next five days, but is now only 60%. Hopefully that means its breaking up.

I think you're referring to Gabrielle which was a tropical wave that formed off Africa earlier but is now a named TS. This is a new tropical wave forming off Africa (yellow X). Per NWS:

A tropical wave is forecast to emerge later today over the far
eastern tropical Atlantic west of Africa. Environmental conditions
are forecast to become mostly conducive for development late this
week, and this system has the potential to become a tropical
depression over the weekend or early next week while it moves
westward to west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.

wdwgreek

I think you're referring to Gabrielle which was a tropical wave that formed off Africa earlier but is now a named TS. This is a new tropical wave forming off Africa (yellow X). Per NWS:

I have my food and wine trip and mickeys not so scary Halloween trip scheduled for September 18th through the 22nd. Fingers crossed that these all stay off shore! I shudder to think what another hit to the Bahamas' would do at this point.

Timmay

Personally that’s the one I’m watching. It was at 70% late yesterday...so slightly downgraded. Unfortunately 60% is still decent. Got a trip coming up 21st-30th.

Gut wrenching what Dorian did. Let’s just make that one be it for everyone. Nobody in that path should have to ever endure more...ever.

esskay

Either a linecame down or lose on the gondolas. There was a couple of people doing something on a cherry picker just outside of AoA this morning. The line between two of the posts looked very low. That being said there were gondolas stopped on the line further up, checking cables maybe? Don’t think the wind got anywhere near an issue last night here.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Definitely not referring to Gabrielle. But thanks?

the tropical wave you;'re just now seeing is not new. It's been there for a couple days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom