News Soarin’ Over California Returns!

George Lucas on a Bench

On the eve of it's destruction in favor of international relations, here's the Rocket Rods sign.

20190830_210157_HDR.jpg

51191846_c06051a567.jpg

SirWillow

Another reason to feel glad that I decided not to give them money for their Halloween Party and will be going to Horror Nights instead.

You have time at the Halloween party to ride rides? We're usually to busy doing all of the party stuff to think to much about those. If we can't get them earlier in the day, then we skip them anyways.

And you're welcome to the horror nights. There's still a good number of us out there that don't go for that element of Halloween "fun". :) I'll stick with the kid friendly stuff.

Phroobar

You have time at the Halloween party to ride rides? We're usually to busy doing all of the party stuff to think to much about those. If we can't get them earlier in the day, then we skip them anyways.

And you're welcome to the horror nights. There's still a good number of us out there that don't go for that element of Halloween "fun". :) I'll stick with the kid friendly stuff.
That is why there is no line for most rides everyone is on those trick or treat trails.

PiratesMansion

I've never actually done one of Disney's Halloween parties. At one point I wanted to do Florida's, but now with the expense and crowds I've given up that ambition. I wouldn't have considered CA's normally but I discovered that there were actually tickets available when I looked.

I'm not really huge on meet and greets, and while it would be cool to meet the villains, I wouldn't want to wait for them. If I want Halloween candy I can go out and buy some. Which leaves the parade and World of Color, which I'm sure will be nice but parades and WOC are never going to be the primary reason I go. And the shift to DCA is understandable but is another reason to not go, IMO, I'd find it difficult to be right there and not be able to go into Disneyland at all. Maybe if DCA was closer to its 2015 state. And since it's the first year DCA is hosting the event, it's also something of an unknown quantity in terms of how they'll handle it, because changing the park will change the logistics.

Also the party's only five hours long. Yes, you get extra time beforehand, but that's still not enough for me to feel like I'm getting $150 plus parking's worth of entertainment. If I was to go to Knotts' event the same night I was thinking about going to the party, for less than what Disney's charging for the event and parking I would get admission, parking, Fastlane for the haunts and the rides, and their dinner which comes with ERT on Ghostrider and early access to some of the mazes, not to mention the actual event is longer.

I know the events aren't 1:1 equivalent, but to me Disney would only win if you're really into entertainment, you're looking for something different than what the other Halloween events offer, or money is truly no object. Otherwise the price seems too high for me for what I'd be getting.

Last edited:

Phroobar

For $150 you can go to Knotts Scary Farm AND Universal Horror Nights and still get into Universal at 2pm for rides and early access to the mazes for that price.

Sorry but for a glorified trick or treat / meet & greet and parade/WOC at that price isn't worth it. I guess it would be different if my kids were under five.

wowsmom

And since it's the first year DCA is hosting the event, it's also something of an unknown quantity in terms of how they'll handle it, because changing the park will change the logistics.

It's not actually DCA's first year hosting the party. It was in DCA for a few years before moving to DL. We attended it at DCA, then at DL, when our kids were younger. It was much more reasonably priced back then.

PiratesMansion

It's not actually DCA's first year hosting the party. It was in DCA for a few years before moving to DL. We attended it at DCA, then at DL, when our kids were younger. It was much more reasonably priced back then.

Fair enough, but I'm sure the price wont be the only thing different from those previous DCA years.

wowsmom

Fair enough, but I'm sure the price wont be the only thing different from those previous DCA years.

Probably true...I think there will probably be more stuff going on this year, since World of Color wasn't in existence back then, plus I don't remember them having anything in Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.

PiratesMansion

To be honest I want to attend a DL special event, however none have ever compelled me to go. I am not the biggest Halloween person.

However, I love Christmas. I wish Disneyland had fun Christmas events like Disney World. I would totally pay for them. I know people are going to hate me for suggesting that, but it is the truth. I'd pay for a Christmas Event at Disneyland if it had the right kind of food/music/performances or ride overlays (their Christmas Space Mountain sounds interesting).

I don't care about meet and greets and photos though, but just make it a fun event with hot chocolate and gingerbread.

Christmas Space Mountain is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas. And the last thing any Disney park needs right now is another half-baked overlay.

Also keep in mind that if they were to go to full Christmas party mode a la WDW, it would literally be impossible to see Christmas entertainment as a normal paying guest unless you went the week of Christmas and New Years.

You DO NOT, in fact, want that. It might be fun once but for most people I feel like the novelty would wear off REAL quick. They can do all of the fun stuff without the added extortion of a party. They need no further encouragement to milk any more money out of guests right now.

PiratesMansion

Christmas Space Mountain could be amazing, we don't know yet. Maybe falling snow instead of stars? No idea how that will turn out but it sounds silly and fun to me. I don't suggest they do it as often as Disneyworld does, but maybe two days out of the year a Christmas event would be nice.

I'd like them to go more "in" on Christmas in the parks as it is my favorite, it does not have to be a party I suppose, but that's probably the only way it would take place.

WDW Christmas parties started small as only a few evenings before eventually coming to swallow the entire event. If they were to do it, and it was successful, it WOULD swallow the regular Christmas season.

I don't think 2019 WDW is capable of amazing if they're not forced into it (which is not often), not helped by the fact that overlay could not ever begin to fit the actual attraction. It will be the bare minimum needed to impress their paying customers and nothing more.

The bar should be higher than fun and silly. Mater's is fun and silly. They should aspire to more. Especially if their guests are being charged over $100 for a handful of hours of entertainment.

Californian Elitist

To be honest I want to attend a DL special event, however none have ever compelled me to go. I am not the biggest Halloween person.

However, I love Christmas. I wish Disneyland had fun Christmas events like Disney World. I would totally pay for them. I know people are going to hate me for suggesting that, but it is the truth. I'd pay for a Christmas Event at Disneyland if it had the right kind of food/music/performances or ride overlays (their Christmas Space Mountain sounds interesting).

I don't care about meet and greets and photos though, but just make it a fun event with hot chocolate and gingerbread.

The DLR already offers plenty of Christmas offerings, free of charge. I’m not sure what else you’re looking for?

Also, Christmas Space Mountain? Dafuq?🤔

mickEblu

Halloween is my least favorite time at Disneyland. I’m also not big on the Orange/ black decorations and bunting all over the place. I like DCAs approach to Halloween more.

George Lucas on a Bench

I don't like the September-December holidays at all. The ugly Mickey pumpkin, the fake Rockefeller Center tree that's bigger than the castle, the constant cloying Christmas music being piped in on the Muzak. Once they take all the crap down and go back to OG decor, DL obviously looks better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom