Did Disney mess up my POFQ reservation to my benefit?

Ariel82

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I booked a stay at POFQ a while ago for a week in October. I found a cheaper rate at Coronado Springs when the fall deals came out so I called in and switched my reservation to save a few hundred dollars. I have been waiting now for a week and a half for it to update my hotel info in my desney experience but it still shows my upcoming trip as POFQ. But the total amount due has been updated to show the reduced hotel cost. Did Disney make a mistake and leave me at POFQ at a cheaper rate? I'd be completely happy with this as I'd love to stay there. Or is the my disney experience just messed up. I didn't receive an updated email conf so technically I have nothing that shows we are staying at CS. I haven't called back in yet because I hate spending the time and money (long distance) on another phone call to disney. Has anyone had something similar happen to them before? Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It is probably a glitch. Your confirmation number remains the same when you modify a reservation, and you won’t receive an email with the change.

Check both the main Disney site and the app to see if both “agree” with the same resort. If one or the other lists CS you will know the change was made and that is where you will stay.

If you don’t want to call, wait until your payment is due and confirm your resort at that time.

I too had a similar situation happen. Booked POFQ and my confirmation email showed Poly. I was overjoyed...then learned there was a computer glitch and was indeed booked at POFQ. (Which was fine except for the hopefulness of an unexpected upgrade!)

DisAl

Hi everyone! I booked a stay at POFQ a while ago for a week in October. I found a cheaper rate at Coronado Springs when the fall deals came out so I called in and switched my reservation to save a few hundred dollars. I have been waiting now for a week and a half for it to update my hotel info in my desney experience but it still shows my upcoming trip as POFQ. But the total amount due has been updated to show the reduced hotel cost. Did Disney make a mistake and leave me at POFQ at a cheaper rate? I'd be completely happy with this as I'd love to stay there. Or is the my disney experience just messed up. I didn't receive an updated email conf so technically I have nothing that shows we are staying at CS. I haven't called back in yet because I hate spending the time and money (long distance) on another phone call to disney. Has anyone had something similar happen to them before? Thanks!
Make sure you refresh the page in your browser. You may be pulling old info from a cookie. Or it could be a glitch as mentioned above....

I had similar experiences with the website. I have made changes that didn't show up on the "My Disney Experience" page, but if you click on the "change my reservation" link, The new info was there. You could always click on the help button of the website and chat with someone through that.

crawale

The change usually shows up immediately the Cast Member changes it. There is a 800 number so I would call if I were you to check on this. I recently changed from Coronado to AKL and the change appeared while I was still on the phone.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Highly unlikely they kept you at POFQ.
give it some time.
Log out. Log back in.
Call back. Its very likely that its showing the change of resort back of house and maybe just not front of house for you as of yet.

Ariel82

Original Poster
A month later and it's still showing POFQ as my reservation. I am assuming it's a glitch, but will find out this week for sure as I will need to call in to pay the remaining balance. I'll update whatever I find out in case anyone is interested.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So the final confirmation is that it is a glitch in the my Disney experience system and I am indeed booked at Coronado Springs, eventhough both the app and website show POFQ.
Not surprised it was a glitch. However I just returned from a stay last week at Coronado Springs and had a marvelous time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom