News Soarin’ Over California Returns!

truecoat

Jackson has had tabloid hit pieces written about him his entire working career. The 'documentary' that isn't really a documentary is yet another attempt to cash in on his name that will be forgotten within a few years.

Having worked with a population that offends on the weak. Jackson's MO was right out of what all the others do.

SuddenStorm

Having worked with a population that offends on the weak. Jackson's MO was right out of what all the others do.

Without wanting to completely derail a thread, the accounts stated in the documentary both contradict actual timelines and events, but also contradict previous statements from the two accusers. Safechuck and Robson also previously tried to sue the estate for monetary gain (I believe in about 2013), but it was dismissed in court because of how ill prepared and ridiculous their claims were.

I'm not gonna say that MJ is beyond a shadow of a doubt innocent- but the two people accusing him in this instance are proven liars with iffy evidence that I don't believe outweighs the 2005 trials. Jackson's place in popular culture, his extraordinarily odd tendencies, the 'believe all accusers' mentality that's present in modern society, and his estate's value makes him an easy for this kind of accusation. I do hope that it gets settled in court, allowing both the estate and accusers to properly state their claims and evidence in a far more legitimate venue that an HBO film.

*steps off soapbox*

I'm just glad Soarin' Over California is back and I do hope a proper film, whether new or old, replaces the film trailers in the Magic Eye Theater.

bryanfze55

Does anyone else think there’s a chance Soarin’ over California stays?

I’ve never had the privilege of riding it and was hoping to maybe do so on my trip this December.

I guess as of now it it is scheduled to go away, but I just wonder why TDA would make that decision. At least run one theater as Around the World and the other as California. Surely they have to know fans prefer Soarin’ over California?

SirWillow

Does anyone else think there’s a chance Soarin’ over California stays?

I’ve never had the privilege of riding it and was hoping to maybe do so on my trip this December.

I guess as of now it it is scheduled to go away, but I just wonder why TDA would make that decision. At least run one theater as Around the World and the other as California. Surely they have to know fans prefer Soarin’ over California?

I'm hoping so. Has anyone heard about an extension? Or if there is any downtime scheduled to convert it back? (Does it even need a couple of days to do that?)

We'll be there in a month and really hoping that they extend it as well as the Main Street Parade, which closes the day before we arrive.

bryanfze55

I'm hoping so. Has anyone heard about an extension? Or if there is any downtime scheduled to convert it back? (Does it even need a couple of days to do that?)

We'll be there in a month and really hoping that they extend it as well as the Main Street Parade, which closes the day before we arrive.

I don’t think it would need to go down... I don’t think it takes much time at all to just switch films. That makes it all the more confusing that TDA would want to go forward with the obviously inferior film. Unless Chapek or another higher up is pushing for it to be the same across all Disney parks, it seems TDA would want to go with the film that the locals love.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
I don’t think it would need to go down... I don’t think it takes much time at all to just switch films. That makes it all the more confusing that TDA would want to go forward with the obviously inferior film. Unless Chapek or another higher up is pushing for it to be the same across all Disney parks, it seems TDA would want to go with the film that the locals love.

As I’ve said 100 times. All they need to do is swap in the new ending and the films perfect. Let’s go Disney.

SSG

This one has always been a head scratcher. They replaced a popular offering, not with some Pixar/Marvel/Lucas thing, but with an inferior version of the same basic idea. And they seem dug in on showing the inferior, less popular version in DCA. I could understand why if it was Soarin' over Wakanda, but World isn't pushing any IP. Why the resistance to what the locals like?

bryanfze55

I’ve found Soarin’ Around the World is more enjoyable if you ask for the middle section every time. If I do find myself on one of the edges, I’ve found closing your eyes during the Eiffel Tower scene improves the experience. I still like the music in Soarin’ Around the World a lot. But I wanted to experience Soarin’ over California. Shame it’s going away.

TROR

I think an ignored benefit of California as opposed to World is the emotional impact of seeing your state represented. And even if not your state, your country. And even if not your country, a better country than yours. I have no emotional connection to the Taj Mahal like I do for California’s majestic coast or magnificent mountains.

If they want to improve Soaring in any way, the only way to do so would make it Soaring over the United States. From New York Harbor to Disneyland and everything in between. Showcase this nation’s beautiful monuments, achievements, and natural glory.

Phroobar

I think an ignored benefit of California as opposed to World is the emotional impact of seeing your state represented. And even if not your state, your country. And even if not your country, a better country than yours. I have no emotional connection to the Taj Mahal like I do for California’s majestic coast or magnificent mountains.

If they want to improve Soaring in any way, the only way to do so would make it Soaring over the United States. From New York Harbor to Disneyland and everything in between. Showcase this nation’s beautiful monuments, achievements, and natural glory.
Then take that movie and turn it into circlevision-soarin'. Change soarin into two person hang gliders that we can turn 360 degrees.

mikenatcity1

I got to ride it this weekend a couple times. I smiled both times, like greeting an old friend. I forgot how much I enjoyed it and missed it compared to the new version. I still giggle when going over the waves and still look at Main St and Small World for Christmas. A friend even pointed out a hidden Mickey I had never seen. It's nice to revisit every now and then.

SSG

Image result for nice work pal disney gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom