Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

DisneyOutsider

Wow Chapek is seriously vying for his job, defending Batuu West and that it's the most popular land at DL? I've also never seen a presenter forcing claps like that.

LUix.gif

carolina_yankee

A couple of reaction from four "50-something" DVC owners and Star Wars fans from the previews:

We all absolutely loved the theming of the land.

We all had a blast on MFSR. Three of us were pilots over two rides. We could have have used a bit more pilot orientation on how to slow the ship so we didn't do as well the first go-through (but still had fun). The second go-through we did much, much better but the right pilot was some Millennial on his 10th run. :) Those of us who were gunners and engineers also enjoyed those positions for various reasons (could see more, didn't get as bothered by motion sickness, had already been pilot, etc.)

We all noticed areas that were clearly set up to be stages for entertainment and agree the land needs live entertainment and more streemosphere. But for a first visit, we didn't exactly miss it. It would just be better to have it for repeat visit. We absolutely did not miss the background music. The sound package was really cool, and we enjoyed it immensely.

The food was good. The shops interesting. We all wondered when the upcharges were coming and how quickly prices will rise, this being Disney.

Plenty of storm-troopers. Saw Vi interact with a lot of kids and cosplay adults. Had a neat encounter with a CM, whom I asked about the different style of TIE Fighters. He explained they differences and then quietly said he "preferred the fighters over in the ruins," and then revealed a hidden resistance seal in his ring. I get what Bob Chapek said about the CMs making their own back-stories, and I do appreciate they have done this. I heard it as a mild excuse for the lack of performers, but also a tribute to the dedication and creativity of the CMs.

We got our "thermal detonators" through TSA without a problem. Empty bottles in the suitcase. They did search the suitcase, but didn't disturb the bottles The R2D2 brass trivet, however, was unwrapped.

I built an R2 unit (didn't appreciate how much they helped me - I could have done it on my own, I watch YouTube!!). The TSA were really interested in the droid - but they wanted to play with him, not inspect him! They kept calling others over to "ooh and aah."

I'm extremely glad we had a nearly-empty preview and could just roam the land and enjoy everything at our leisure. If it's going to be more crowded (obviously it will be, given this was a preview), more entertainment will be essential. Really can't wait for Rise of the Resistance.

Dirk

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom