Virtual Queue for Star Wars Land.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
However you will have no idea of your position in the virtual queue and cannot get into it until you enter HS. You won't wait in an actual queue but you may or may not get in - no guarantee.

This seems to really be bothering you.... If you were waiting in an actual queue you would also have no idea if you would eventually make it in or not, but then you also wouldn't be able to do anything else while you waited.

crawale

Original Poster
I think you're using "reservation" in an opposite manner here. They're asking if you have a reservation at Oga's or Droid Depot, if you'll still get into the park. The information we've seen so far is yes, that will grant you entry. But the flyers that went out about the virtual queue are vague and don't mention it.

I could be wrong but I don't believe their comment was about "reserved" time in the land via the queue
I spoke to a Cast Member. My comment referred to whether or not you could get into the new Star Wars Land. You can only enter when your window opens. You have a 2 hour window to enter and you will not know when that is until the time starts.

nickys

Premium Member
Are you saying that we aren't guaranteed entrance into the land even with reservations?
Exactly. You may or may not get into the land. You will not know if you can get in until the time of a 2 hour window starts so if you have fast passes at another park - tough luck.

Whoa!

@crawale, you have totally missed the point of the question lol!

So, to @mikenatcity1 first. If you have a reservation in SW:GE for Oga’s, the droid or the light sabre, you will be able to enter SW:GE an hour before your reservation, even if the Land is at capacity. But this will only apply to people named on the reservation, plus the one guest permitted for the workshops.

@crawale, you are talking about other reservations elsewhere, correct?

So yes, if you join the virtual queue, you will not know when you can enter. That is because (as someone else pointed out), they can only let each boarding group enter the land as others leave. There is no time limit once you enter, so they need to count people out before they let the next 100 in (or whatever size groups they have).

It simply would not be possible for them to determine whether you have a reservation or FP elsewhere and schedule your entry time around them. Because they don’t know when you will be able to go in.

Each guest will need to decide which is more important, and plan accordingly. If you join the virtual queue at 8am, then the chances are you will be in before noon. So if you have lunch booked, time to decide which to do - GE or lunch? But if you have a dinner booked, then the chances are fairly high that you’ll make it.

And if you join the queue at 6pm, I guess there’s a chance you don’t get an entry time at all. I don’t see how this is any worse than standing in an actual queue for 8 hours, only to be told you won’t get in. I would far rather have a virtual queue system. YMMV 🤷‍♀️

crawale

Original Poster
This seems to really be bothering you.... If you were waiting in an actual queue you would also have no idea if you would eventually make it in or not, but then you also wouldn't be able to do anything else while you waited.
Yes it does bother me as we Park Hop. Maybe plan to spend the morning at HS and then to Epcot for lunch. If I were in an actual queue of over an hour I would not wait. The fact I would have no idea of approximately when I would get in - my position in the queue is an issue. It is not as if you could go to another park - you must stay at HS for an unknown length of time until you get a reservation - or maybe don't get a reservation.

TiggerDad

However you will have no idea of your position in the virtual queue and cannot get into it until you enter HS. You won't wait in an actual queue but you may or may not get in - no guarantee.
For DL, the virtual queue was only used for part of one day, and we're not sure if WDW will be exactly the same, but it does tell you what Boarding groups are currently being allowed in, and which group you are in. So I think you would have some indication of how far away you are, especially if you keep checking the app to see how fast they seem to be letting new groups in.

HiJe

This won't be a permanent thing will it? Going in April 2020 and would rather not have to deal with virtual queues just to enter the land.

crawale

Original Poster
Whoa!

So, to @mikenatcity1 first. If you have a reservation in SW:GE for Oga’s, the droid or the light sabre, you will be able to enter SW:GE an hour before your reservation, even if the Land is at capacity. But this will only apply to people named on the reservation, plus the one guest permitted for the workshops.

So yes, if you join the virtual queue, you will not know when you can enter. That is because (as someone else pointed out), they can only let each boarding group enter the land as others leave. There is no time limit once you enter, so they need to count people out before they let the next 100 in (or whatever size groups they have).

It simply would not be possible for them to determine whether you have a reservation or FP elsewhere and schedule your entry time around them. Because they don’t know when you will be able to go in.

Each guest will need to decide which is more important, and plan accordingly. If you join the virtual queue at 8am, then the chances are you will be in before noon. So if you have lunch booked, time to decide which to do - GE or lunch? But if you have a dinner booked, then the chances are fairly high that you’ll make it.

And if you join the queue at 6pm, I guess there’s a chance you don’t get an entry time at all. I don’t see how this is any worse than standing in an actual queue for 8 hours, only to be told you won’t get in. I would far rather have a virtual queue system. YMMV 🤷‍♀️
What condescension - LOL!.
If I have a reservation for a meal and do not show I will lose $10 a person. If I join a physical queue then I know how long the line is. I do not see why you can't know your position in the virtual queue so you can decide if it is worth staying in the queue. This is done for many Emergency rooms.

nickys

Premium Member
This won't be a permanent thing will it? Going in April 2020 and would rather not have to deal with virtual queues just to enter the land.

It will last as long as the Land fills to capacity. So it will be turned on and off depending on the crowds. Could be at times like Christmas and Spring Break two years from now they may still use it. Makes sense than having long lines waiting to enter the Land.

nickys

Premium Member
What condescension - LOL!.
If I have a reservation for a meal and do not show I will lose $10 a person. If I join a physical queue then I know how long the line is. I do not see why you can't know your position in the virtual queue so you can decide if it is worth staying in the queue. This is done for many Emergency rooms.

So maybe don’t join the virtual queue and only visit when you can walk straight in?

And if you joined an actual physical queue, you would not know the wait time. This isn’t like a ride queue where everyone waits, boards and exits. Once someone goes into the Land, they can stay all day if they want. There is no time limit, so they cannot tell how long the wait will be.

KrzyKtty

Whoa!

To add to this, DL has had a very similar system since it opened. After the first few days it rarely used.

KrzyKtty

As others have said, the virtual queue will not always be in use. It will only be used when the land is at capacity. I highly doubt it will hit capacity every single day all the time. If you want to park hop and are scared it will be utilized, get there early in the mornin; the odds are you will not have to worry about the virtual boarding pass.

mikenatcity1

Whoa!

Thank you very much! Do you happen to know where this information can be found? I believe you but my friend going in October always requests where it was announced (she worked for the company and is a little jaded).

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you very much! Do you happen to know where this information can be found? I believe you but my friend going in October always requests where it was announced (she worked for the company and is a little jaded).

From email responses people on this forum and others have received from Disney.

And I believe from the actual reservation small print about when and where to check in etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom