Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

justintheharris

I might be reading too much into it but the costume in front (with green on it) may be what cast members wear at the loading dock inside whereas the costume behind it (all red) is what cast members will wear outside and prior to the "stepping into the cartoon world?" Revenge of the Mummy at Universal has that premise of team members having a different costume depending on where they're positioned.

Darth Snips

I might be reading too much into it but the costume in front (with green on it) may be what cast members wear at the loading dock inside whereas the costume behind it (all red) is what cast members will wear outside and prior to the "stepping into the cartoon world?" Revenge of the Mummy at Universal has that premise of team members having a different costume depending on where they're positioned.
I was thinking this too. They’ve also said they’ll be doing this with RotR. Cast will either be part of the Resistance or the First Order based on their assigned positions. I think it makes a lot of sense to apply that logic to this attraction as well.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
First look inside

Hawg G

OK, the car does look like it's o a slot track. So, yeah first scene, as for projections, the background may be one in the last pic, but I don't see much beyond that. You can see M&M in the car, far away. Makes me think queue.

But it seems the truly new tech doesn't start until after the opening scene(s)

Ragerunner

Letdown they didn't specify opening even as much as the "Spring" they have in the past (delay?), But man those pictures are gorgeous. Looks like they're really going to capture the look of being in that cartoon.

The Disney Parks Blog says opening Spring of 2020. It under the Disneyland announcement.

“The action takes place at the El CapiToon theater at Disneyland, where Mickey and Minnie are premiering their newest short, “Perfect Picnic.”Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is also planned to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World Resort in spring 2020.”

hauntology

I absolutely adore the Paul Rudish Mickey Mouse Shorts so I'm excited for this.... except it shouldn't have replaced The Great Movie Ride.

El Capitoon made me laugh super hard. Honestly the funnier facade/probably better iteration of the ride. :(

tissandtully

PHOTOS - First look inside Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway
Any speculation about what Chapek said that there was a “surprise” at the end of the ride? Will these RVs be capable of the trackless choreographed “dancing” like in DCA? I could see something like that being in the big finale ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom