Final Performance of 'Illuminations : RoE' Fan Meetup - Imagination Pavilion Gardens : Sept-30th 2pm-3pm

Figments Friend

Original Poster
I'll be there. Pulled the trigger on a quick trip, flying down Sunday for the final show on Monday and the new show Tuesday, and back home Wednesday.

Same here.
I had absolutely NO plans to be anywhere near Florida this year, but then things just kind of fell together nicely and I said, "why not"?
Booked two days ago...and the pickings were slim for Value Resort rooms.
Prices were quite high too, compared to what I'm used to paying.....but there is a lot more going on that week that I'd like to be a part of.
See my seperate thread in the 'News' section regarding Tony Baxter's presentation at Disney Springs on Septmber 27th.
:)

So I'm all in at this point.
Never thought I'd be back to WDW this soon.
I'm a Disneyland kinda dragon, these days.

-

Mikey73181

Same here.
I had absolutely NO plans to be anywhere near Florida this year, but then things just kind of fell together nicely and I said, "why not"?
Booked two days ago...and the pickings were slim for Value Resort rooms.
Prices were quite high too, compared to what I'm used to paying.....but there is a lot more going on that week that I'd like to be a part of.
See my seperate thread in the 'News' section regarding Tony Baxter's presentation at Disney Springs on Septmber 27th.

So I'm all in at this point.
Never thought I'd be back to WDW this soon.
I'm a Disneyland kinda dragon, these days.

It was semi last second for me. When they announced it was ending last year I said I had to be there for it. There were rumors of an end date, but nothing official. I planned a trip for this past July to see it for the final time. Then a few months ago they came out with the date, and I wasn't gonna be able to go, but I was ok with it because I was still going in July. Then about two weeks before my July trip my schedule opened up, and I went for it. I went the cheap route with a value resort for this trip even tho my last few trips have been POFQ and I really like it there, and I was able to get VERY cheap flights. So it all worked out, and I'm glad I'll get to be there for it.

KevinPage

Good luck, I've been trying to get one since my 60 day mark.

Oh crud, I always forgot about that 60 day out ability (as a local I only get 30).

Guess I underestimated the crowds and popularity of this final night. Won’t tell the wife as she’ll balk at the mere mention of heavy crowds.

cosmicgirl

I've had a free dining reservation for that week since January as a placeholder because I really really wanted to be there. However, we have a big trip planned in November and my bargain flight never did show up. After a turbulent week and flight prices only going up I ended up cancelling Pop last night because I simply couldn't justify the cost. I had spotted a great deal on an offsite hotel, a car, and even park tickets but the flight was simply too much.

Roll on today... I caught a glimpse of what was not as much of a bargain flight as I had hoped, but a bargain nonetheless. The fare was only valid today, so it was like the stars aligned. Long story short: as of 40 minutes ago I'm going!
There was a minimum stay of 7 nights for the flight, though, so I'm on a tight budget and will likely spend just 1 or 2 nights onsite, if any.

That said, I, too, had been trying to get an FP for the final performance but couldn't get the 30th or the 1st even 65 and 66 days out with the Pop reservation.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
Ah yes....that is worth mentioning -
I am sure I will not be alone in being present for the debut of the new temporary show 'Epcot Forever'.

It's really starting to feel like we are witnessing the end of a era....with 'Illuminations' ending, and the new redesigned Epcot about to come into exsistance
I am totally expecting the final night to be extremely emotional for a lot of people, self included.
I have no shame in admitting that publically.

The show represents a LOT to us, the Parks' history, and the thousands of Cast Members past and present who have made it happen every single night.
No doubt about it....that final night should be a glorious finale.
It will be interesting to see if anything is mentioned during the show about its conclusion, or if any additional elements will be added for this special night.

-

rle4lunch

No sir. I'm in the camp that can't wait to see this fade off into the sunset. It's always been a mediocre show for me. Hope it goes out with a bang though and that the new one(s) are great.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
The Wife and I will be there celebrating our "18th Eariversary" (early) and will be there at both shows (Sept 30 and Oct 1 and leave on Oct 2). We will be wearing our Wedding Ears we got 18 years ago on our Honeymoon (real Top Hat with Ears for me and the White wedding veil with ears for her, not those cheap knockoffs they sell now.)
If anyone sees us, please shout out that you are a WDWMagic Member:) Would love to meet you.

Figments Friend

Original Poster
The Wife and I will be there celebrating our "18th Eariversary" (early) and will be there at both shows (Sept 30 and Oct 1 and leave on Oct 2). We will be wearing our Wedding Ears we got 18 years ago on our Honeymoon (real Top Hat with Ears for me and the White wedding veil with ears for her, not those cheap knockoffs they sell now.)
If anyone sees us, please shout out that you are a WDWMagic Member:) Would love to meet you.

Fabulous!

As we get closer to the date, I will post a location and time for those wishing to meet up.

I am open to suggestions for a meet up spot in the Park, but figured a good spot might be someplace centrally located , perhaps the Fountain of Nations unless it's already walled off for removal.
I've also considered the 'jumping fountains' area outside of the Imagination Pavillion, as it's usually not crowded and it seems like a nice out of the way place fans could gather.

As far as a meet up time goes, I was thinking perhaps in the early afternoon.
I'm assuming late afternoon / early evening might not be good as many will likely want to secure a good spot for seeing the final 'Illuminations'.
I well expect the more intense die hard fans and photographers to be staking out their spot by the lagoons' edge hours in advance on that day.

-

trainplane3

Fabulous!

As we get closer to the date, I will post a location and time for those wishing to meet up.

I am open to suggestions for a meet up spot in the Park, but figured a good spot might be someplace centrally located , perhaps the Fountain of Nations unless it's already walled off for removal.
I've also considered the 'jumping fountains' area outside of the Imagination Pavillion, as it's usually not crowded and it seems like a nice out of the way place fans could gather.

As far as a meet up time goes, I was thinking perhaps in the early afternoon.
I'm assuming late afternoon / early evening might not be good as many will likely want to secure a good spot for seeing the final 'Illuminations'.
I well expect the more intense die hard fans and photographers to be staking out their spot by the lagoons' edge hours in advance on that day.

-
That's usually pretty dead but in the event it isn't, I'll suggest over by UoE. There's really nothing in that area at all.

Personally I'm not going to try for a prime spot. I've seen it tons of times so I just want to be close enough to see the stuff in the air and hear the music. Besides, I have a SSE FP at 6pm so there goes any chances of getting a super duper prime spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom