News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
so here's my summary of the MASSIVE overhaul that's happening now/will happen:

Adding...

What we know is changing already:
- Guardians of the Galaxy Ride
- Play pavilion where Wonders of Life used to be
- Demolishing of West Innoventions buildings that held Starbucks, Club Cool, the meet and greets and practically nothing else and the Art Shop
- New water feature area themed to Moana
- New 360 seamless films...
- New China film​
- New Canada film​
- New Impressions de France film
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-along
- New Awesome Planet film
- Skyliner transportation
- New BBQ QS in America Pavilion

- New Space restaurant in the Mission:Space building
- New Entrance way that looks like the original and the original fountain back, and includes a re-done bus/tram/monorail/security infrastructure
- Updated QS restaurant and bakery where Electric Umbrella is now
- Updated Mouse Gears with a new theme
- New elevated garden/park recreation space of some kind including rooftop cafe/bar and conference facilities
- central spine recreation centers (interactive LED tree, tea party area, jet pack (?) area)

- Ratatouille Ride in the France pavilion
- New Creperie in the France pavilion
- New Attraction Preview center in the Odyssey restaurant building

What we think they'll announce??
- Coco overlay in the Mexico pavilion
- New Brazil pavilion
- Update to the Imagination Pavilion (keeping Figment)
- Update to Spaceship Earth ride (maybe even adding lighting to the exterior)
- Update to the Living Seas (???)
- New attraction to the UK Pavilion (Alice in Wonderland?)

edit:

- Epcot Forever
- Epcot after Forever

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
@marni1971, @TP2000,

If you could clarify... I've heard the new festival center was "three stories," which, if you count the rooftop, means that there are four levels (ground, first, second, roof); but, I've also heard "two levels," which means if you count the roof top then it's only one story.

The artwork looks like it's two stories with three levels (counting the rooftop).

So... could you please clarify if you can? Thanks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971, @TP2000,

If you could clarify... I've heard the new festival center was "three stories," which, if you count the rooftop, means that there are four levels (ground, first, second, roof); but, I've also heard "two levels," which means if you count the roof top then it's only one story.

The artwork looks like it's two stories with three levels (counting the rooftop).

So... could you please clarify if you can? Thanks.

nickys

Premium Member
Adding...

- Demolishing of West Innoventions buildings that held Starbucks, Club Cool, the meet and greets and practically nothing else and the Art Shop
- New China film​
- New Canada film​

- New Entrance way that looks like the original and the original fountain back, and includes a re-done bus/tram/monorail/security infrastructure
- New elevated garden/park recreation space of some kind including rooftop cafe/bar and conference facilities
- central spine recreation centers (interactive LED tree, tea party area, jet pack (?) area)

- New Brazil pavilion

edit:

- Epcot Forever
- Epcot after Forever

Have I missed something? Do we now think the U.K. attraction is Alice, not Poppins?

I know the poster had both, and there was the concept art with the Shanghai Mad Hatter tea party.

Sir_Cliff

They should demolish the other communicore building. It looks weird now and loopsided
That's my take away, more than being happy that they're leaving one side for old times' sake.

Honestly, the new festival center looks great to me, with architecture that strikes a great balance between retro and modern that fits perfectly in EPCOT. The general greening of the core also fits precisely what people think of now as what we need to do in terms of designing cities and towns moving forward. Personally, I would have preferred that Disney build new structures for the restaurant and store in place of the remaining Communicore building that also fit this new aesthetic and kind of balanced out the core more effectively.

I'm not upset that they're keeping it, though, and maybe it's a decent nod to nostalgia.

I assume from the art that they're also keeping the Earth Station building?

PorterRedkey

OMG..If this was a new Version of Epcot Magazine and for Disney + I'm all for it!

Because it's the little touches that make a Disney theme park. Sure, the rides are important, but the general atmosphere of the park matters, and things like this, if executed well, can add a lot. AK is a major example of this.

Great vid!

That is something I could totally get behind.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Adding...

- New China film​
- New Canada film​

- New Brazil pavilion

edit:

- Epcot Forever
- Epcot after Forever

Thanks for adding what I missed. Also, a new Impressions de France film? Was that announced? I hope they keep the score

MouseBrayden

This is a formal declaration of DIBS on the Epcot Center Studio when it inevitably becomes abandoned. My new studio awaits! 🤣

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Have I missed something? Do we now think the U.K. attraction is Alice, not Poppins?

I know the poster had both, and there was the concept art with the Shanghai Mad Hatter tea party.

Oops, I didn't mean to imply I agreed that there will be more of an Alice presence in UK. The bit of a tea party café area seems to be in the new hub, not the UK. The banner also has a bagpiper... I don't think anyone expects a bagpiper attraction added to the UK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom