News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

JohnD

While everyone's focusing on EPCOT, I compared the new Tron concept art from it's initial reveal to now.
View attachment 400911View attachment 400912
Some things I noticed:

- The new concept art now also contains the showbuilding, which will seemed to be unthemed, sadly.

Um. What do you call this?
tron_at_mk.jpg

gerarar

Premium Member
Um. What do you call this?
View attachment 401236
At the time I thought that was part of the lake you see in the background towards the right. The shade and colors match. I kinda want to say that Disney intentionally downplayed the size and scope of the showbuilding here, making it easily missable. I missed it after staring it for so long, whoops 😛
In the new concept art, the actual scope/size of the showbuilding is more realistic, hence my reactions above.

lazyboy97o

I don't know why anyone would put any stock into a concept art picture. They rarely look exactly like what the finished product is going to look like. The artist has a bit of artistic license in creating them. I wouldn't be nit picking it to death.
The artist is very likely drawing on top of a view created by an accurate digital model. This is also an existing design, so there’s no point in taking artistic license to make things worse.

Slowjack

Very minor quibble, but I think it would be better without the colon, i.e. "Tron Lightcycle Run"
On the sign, Lightcycle Run is a subtitle, so a colon is standard English when writing it on one line. Also note on the sign that it's Lightcycle / Run. Because a slash is a cool computer punctuation, I guess?

TrojanUSC

At the time I thought that was part of the lake you see in the background towards the right. The shade and colors match. I kinda want to say that Disney intentionally downplayed the size and scope of the showbuilding here, making it easily missable. I missed it after staring it for so long, whoops 😛
In the new concept art, the actual scope/size of the showbuilding is more realistic, hence my reactions above.

Exactly. Disney traditionally doesn't include show buildings in their renderings or park maps. The new artwork showing it was surprising.

solidyne

On the sign, Lightcycle Run is a subtitle, so a colon is standard English when writing it on one line. Also note on the sign that it's Lightcycle / Run. Because a slash is a cool computer punctuation, I guess?
Yes, what follows the colon is a subtitle, but I think the poster is saying that the name of the attraction sounds better with "Tron" as an attributive noun (without colon) than with "Lightcycle Run" as a subtitle (with colon). I agree.

No Name

The big blue box is more visible in the new art only because it portrays the box slightly more realistically. It’s not a change in the actual construction. Correct me if I’m wrong. The art is also drawn from a perspective above ground level, so this actual view won’t exist when approaching the attraction. However, plenty of other bad, and I’d say worse, views will be present from elsewhere.

Oddly the escalators were one part I thought was real nice (I like how they look at Disney Springs) but I’m not surprised they didn’t make the final plans.

rle4lunch

The big blue box is more visible in the new art only because it portrays the box slightly more realistically. It’s not a change in the actual construction. Correct me if I’m wrong. The art is also drawn from a perspective above ground level, so this actual view won’t exist when approaching the attraction. However, plenty of other bad, and I’d say worse, views will be present from elsewhere.

Oddly the escalators were one part I thought was real nice (I like how they look at Disney Springs) but I’m not surprised they didn’t make the final plans.

Escalators break easily. Looking at the long term, much better to put a slightly angled pathway up to achieve the same result. This is Disney being smart on cost saving.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Escalators break easily. Looking at the long term, much better to put a slightly angled pathway up to achieve the same result. This is Disney being smart on cost saving.
Bummer...

It’s those type of “not 100% budgetary necessary” touches that set Disney parks apart from the concrete/staircase/ramp parks they were meant to replace...

But it would keep people employed...so chappy can’t have that. Minor pennies on a 36 billion dollar ledger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom