News New Epcot logo

britain

Here's my guesses. We'll see if I get bingo.

Touchdown

Test track is definitely right, it’s the old WOM logo and currently adorns the trash cans around it. Someone made note of the lower right being based off horizons and that thing in the middle could be a spaceship so that’s probably mission space.

britain

1: World Showcase
2: Land
3: Moana
4: Seas
5: Guardians
6: SSE
7: Festival Center
8: Imagination
9: Test Track
10: Play Pavilion (it is featured in the attraction poster)
11: Space Restaurant
12: Mission: Space

Ah nice! So the question is, is the hexagon icon representing the Odyssey architecture, or GotG space-travel portals?

And it makes sense that the Space Pavilion and the Space Restaurant icons share some elements. Very good guesses.

Haymarket2008

Ah - so the question is, is the hexagon icon representing the Odyssey architecture, or GotG space-travel portals.

I would imagine it is GotG. I don’t think Odyssey gets one. Which I think is strange, especially since Moana has one and that isn’t even a pavilion.

britain

I would imagine it is GotG. I don’t think Odyssey gets one. Which I think is strange, especially since Moana has one and that isn’t even a pavilion.
Wait though - I think the last two are Mission Space and then the Restaurant, since MS is a centrifuge attraction, and the restaurant is at the top of a 'space elevator' giving you nice views of the earth.

Astro_Digital

You can never have an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.
Makes more sense Epcot and Epcot does not really mean much ..... because really it doesn't

Future world a group of attractions, does not have any theme. Fantasy like Guardians of the Galaxy and Mission to Mars have nothing to do with tomorrow.
World Showcase .... like a fair I guess. You can not say for example going to Mexico is like actually going the the country.

No EPCOT.

Ponderer

You can never have an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.
Makes more sense Epcot and Epcot does not really mean much ..... because really it doesn't

Future world a group of attractions, does not have any theme. Fantasy like Guardians of the Galaxy and Mission to Mars have nothing to do with tomorrow.
World Showcase .... like a fair I guess. You can not say for example going to Mexico is like actually going the the country.

No EPCOT.

Mission Space is literally about a future version of a manned NASA trip to our neighboring planet. Fantasy? What? It’s literally a trip to the future.

The Empress Lilly

Magic Kingdom really needs to get its logotype back. It doesn’t look good imitating Disneyland.
The MK font looks 50s medieval. Too old for the 70s baby MK. It's retro gone wrong.

Or really just the MK being mistreated in its usual fashion: as the ugly stepsister of DL, trying to squeeze her in its ill-fitting elder siblings attire. Rather than as the greatest castle park ever built, with it's own style and tradition

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Prediction time, eh? My only possible revisions are that GotG may be for Odyssey, "The Egg" may represent the entire new core, and the Space Restaurant won't have a logo at all, which would end up becoming the GotG one. But who knows?
View attachment 401306

I would say this is it with one exception: flip Space 220 with Mission:Space. The red logo has circle which may represent the centrifuge. The orange logo looks like the space elevator penetrating the clouds.

brb1006

The MK font looks 50s medieval. Too old for the 70s baby MK. It's retro gone wrong.

Or really just the MK being mistreated in its usual fashion: as the ugly stepsister of DL, trying to squeeze her in its ill-fitting elder siblings attire. Rather than as the greatest castle park ever built, with it's own style and tradition
Sure would love for the Walt Disney World Resort logo to revert to it's classic design by it's 50th Anniversary (Besides merchandise).

Sir_Cliff

Sure would love for the Walt Disney World Resort logo to revert to it's classic design by it's 50th Anniversary (Besides merchandise).
Yes, of all the resorts Walt Disney World has the blandest logo while its original logo is one of the most distinctive. Even the similar Disneyland Paris logo pops more due to the arrangement of the letters and fonts.

Honestly, of all of them I think the retro WDW logo is the most eye catching and the best piece of design. The new one looks like something someone whipped up in a Word document during the 1990s with zero thought.

Last edited:

Brer Oswald

I would say this is it with one exception: flip Space 220 with Mission:Space. The red logo has circle which may represent the centrifuge. The orange logo looks like the space elevator penetrating the clouds.
I’d say the orange is a Rocket penetrating the Horizons logo, making that Mission Space, but I don’t think Space 220 is getting its own logo anyways.

The dark blue one is most definitely the hub/spine, with the different lines representing the different paths you can take.

*Q*

Prediction time, eh? My only possible revisions are that GotG may be for Odyssey, "The Egg" may represent the entire new core, and the Space Restaurant won't have a logo at all, which would end up becoming the GotG one. But who knows?
View attachment 401306
I think the red space one is actually Guardians, and the light blue one is Odyssey because of the hexagon, the lines surrounding it evoking the bridges, and the color matches the building itself.
I think he's right about Space one, the horizontal lines evoke the old Horizons logo. And it'd be weird to have a separate logo for the restaurant. They don't do that for Coral Reef.

Ponderer

I don't usually buy pins, but if they released a set with these new ride logos, I'll be getting a set.

The site that shall not be named had a photo of a box set of such pins, complete with the color coding. I think it's a D23 exclusive, but I intend to find a way to get them.

EDIT: Someone already has the set on sale on eBay for $600, and there are individual ones for $40 each. I ain't THAT rich.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom