News D23 Expo 2019

Disney Analyst

Honestly, there’s nothing really selling me on this service. I could care jack all about Star Wars, and the Marvel stuff is kinda....meh without Spidey. The standard catalogue of animated films are very easy to watch for free, but I own most of em anyways. What they need is something classic Disney that’s very hard to get access to. Something like the old Disneyland show, or the entire catalogue of the original Disney cartoons.

What this service needs is more Walt!

Oh gosh I’m so excited for it! Lizzie McGuire alone sold me.

TwilightZone

I can't believe I was able to predict epcot would be getting mini "lands". Hopefully the lands do a better job then the ones at pizar pier!

Mike S

Waited in a 2 hour line for Mickey’s of Glendale to get this bad boy.
E14CC400-48BA-4973-B1E0-B54959066A64.jpeg

No regrets.

Also saw this on the way out.
0AABC75A-CF7E-4B07-A550-1D641424FBC3.jpeg

bubbles1812

Honestly, there’s nothing really selling me on this service. I could care jack all about Star Wars, and the Marvel stuff is kinda....meh without Spidey. The standard catalogue of animated films are very easy to watch for free, but I own most of em anyways. What they need is something classic Disney that’s very hard to get access to. Something like the old Disneyland show, or the entire catalogue of the original Disney cartoons.

What this service needs is more Walt!
I can understand your point but it’s not shocking to me the angle they presented. I just doubt an advertisement to be able to rewatch the old Disneyland show would reel a lot of modern audiences in. I love old Disney and that still wouldn’t get me to sign up. To be a success, Disney+ can’t just go obscure and can’t just go non-modern. Not when billions of dollars are at stake. And to your point, the back catalogue of Disney movies are films many already own.

(That being said, I’d be ecstatic if they loaded all the old Disney cartoons. I watched all the Silly Symphonies in the fall on YouTube and wow, the progression of animation when you watch them back to back to back...)

I’m looking forward to watching a little of Lizzie McGuire, as someone who grew up with her. It’ll be nice to say a quick hello to Kim Possible too.

Say what you will about Marvel, but they generally produce solid content and it’s nice the platform is going to give them a chance to experiment and go obscure and diversify their cast of characters. I mean Moon Knight? C’mon. Seems out of left field but then we all thought the Guardians were too.

As for the Star Wars stuff... I’m not an uber Star Wars fan but even I got excited by Obi Wan. Say what you will about the prequels but Ewan McGregor was the best part about them. His enthusiasm for the character has always been evident, so I think he’ll give it his all. Makes me easily want to give him... and by default, Disney+, a chance.

Last edited:

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
After how crazy it was this morning we decided to get in line even earlier for tomorrow’s movie panel.

Yeah, I’m crazy, I know. Not alone though.
View attachment 401295

Don’t let looks deceive you. It goes even further.

If you ever wanted to go to D23 to enjoy a panel like this, this picture is beyond discouraging to not even want to go.

BrianLo

If you ever wanted to go to D23 to enjoy a panel like this, this picture is beyond discouraging to not even want to go.

Yeah.. if the only way to attend is to wait over night? No thanks.

You really only need to get in those lines if you want the most premium seat.

I'm a total weasel and arrived at 10am and still got into Legends.

I waited for Disney+ afterwards and still had lots of time to wander the show floor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom