Hall of Presidents appreciation thread

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Yeah, one of my favourites and my 7 year old who I figured would be bored by it actually loved it about as much as anything else. All of our kids did. I was surprised. But then again I loved it when I was 10 and saw it for the first time. I swore up and down to my mom that they were real people on stage.

Anyway, I love this show. It is well done and in a beautiful theatre. In this ever changing partisan world we live in it seems people like it when "their" guy is President but I've always liked it regardless of who is President at the time and who does the speech. It's a classic and fits perfectly in Liberty Square. A 1971 original as well. A big improvement from Walt's "Great Times with Mr. Lincoln." While I still like that show at Disneyland this one is miles better and one of the things I missed when I was at Disneyland. It is historical and it is one of the attractions I don't mind showing up early for just to hang around and read things in the lobby. Sort of like American Adventure in the same way.

Anyway, who is with me?

Sonconato

Yeah, one of my favourites and my 7 year old who I figured would be bored by it actually loved it about as much as anything else. All of our kids did. I was surprised. But then again I loved it when I was 10 and saw it for the first time. I swore up and down to my mom that they were real people on stage.

Anyway, I love this show. It is well done and in a beautiful theatre. In this ever changing partisan world we live in it seems people like it when "their" guy is President but I've always liked it regardless of who is President at the time and who does the speech. It's a classic and fits perfectly in Liberty Square. A 1971 original as well. A big improvement from Walt's "Great Times with Mr. Lincoln." While I still like that show at Disneyland this one is miles better and one of the things I missed when I was at Disneyland. It is historical and it is one of the attractions I don't mind showing up early for just to hang around and read things in the lobby. Sort of like American Adventure in the same way.

Anyway, who is with me?
My family and I are with you for sure. Nowadays, we go see it as much as we can. The new beginning part is very good compared to how it used to be, but even so it was always a good attraction.

JIMINYCR

Weve enjoyed the presentation over the years. Having a fascination with history and the pride in being an American, it always draws us in. I love viewing the presidential artifacts and portraits. Theres so much in the building and show to fascinate and learn from. I hated it when people began to turn it into a this side against that side. No matter who sits in the office... we are still Americans and should be proud of our country and how it has grown from a group of colonies into a United States.

bubbles1812

I love it too, but last time I went they had an armed security guard in with us the whole time. Weird.
Doesn’t shock me. Wouldn’t be surprised if Disney has received more than a few threats of vandalism in the current political climate.

I adore the show and up until the current presidency, I didn’t care who was in the White House in terms of going into the show. It’s just too much now for me to be in there, so I’ll catch it with the next president, whenever that may be.

That being said, the animatronics are still gorgeously creative and Mr Lincoln will always have my heart :happy:

AdamNV87

It's a MK classic that we do every vacation we're there.

I do miss Morgan Freeman as narrator, however. He should be a constant fixture in the attraction for all versions. Has that clear, serious tone that perfectly sets the stage for the presentation.

jmp85

Love the attraction. I'm always reading presidential bios, so this is a must do for me every time. Can't wait to take my kids.

Heppenheimer

My older brother always had a precoscious fascination with the presidents. Apparently, on our first trip in 77 (I was too young to remember), he threw a fit because this was not the first attraction we visited.

I haven't seen the current show, but really enjoyed the Morgan Freeman iteration. My least favorite version was the one narrated by Maya Angelou. No offense to this brilliant writer, but her voice is too raspy for narration. Plus, the show was more about slavery than the presidency.

mergatroid

Go to Disney every year but probably visit HOP once every 3-4 years. It's very well done but not that 'fun' for me personally. Last year there was a guy muttering when a certain President spoke which was a bit annoying but not completely unexpected.

HansGruber

I was about to post that they need to redo Bush #2. But after looking at pictures online...they kinda need to redo all of them 😬.

I guess they all look good from a distance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom