News New Epcot logo

brb1006

Here's a bigger photo of the new logos for the other attractions at Epcot.
ECqEf7_UwAMvqEC.jpg:large

Fear

Here's a bigger photo of the new logos for the other attractions at Epcot.
ECqEf7_UwAMvqEC.jpg:large

Thanks for putting these all in one place. I say, in order:

1) Food service / MouseGear replacement
2) The Land
3) Moana/Water
4) The Seas with Nemo
5) Guardians of the Galaxy
6) Spaceship Earth
7) Events Center
8) Imagination
9) Test Track
10) Play!
11) Odyssey
12) Mission: Space

That would account for all of the buildings / pavilions we have without doubling up any.

TOCPE82

At least it’s not “Disney Epcot” or “Disney’s Epcot” or whatever grammatical iteration they’re using for the next ten minutes.
The original logo on the 21st century poster even had Walt Disney World above it.

Now it's just EPCOT. I miss the Center, but at least it's refreshingly un-Disney-branded.

hpyhnt 1000

It's like the people behind the redesign/rebrand either:

A. Know and love the true EPCOT Center and want to hold onto as much of it as they can with this new mandate (giving me hope that one day someone new in the Bob's chairs will undo this mess with support from Imagineering)

-or-

B. They're just screwing with us.

@WDW Pro had mentioned this in another thread:

I'm very excited about the changes and announcements for Epcot. Based on the people involved, the budget, etc, I'm convinced this will be extremely well-received. There's a different feel for this project than for SWGE, with several people having told me that there's a strong emphasis to get this right coming all the way from Iger down. While some people may disagree with some of the new names or having a Marvel-based ride in Epcot, the people doing this are passionate about EPCOT.

I'd say that passion is coming through everything we've seen thus far. The modernization of the original EPCOT Center typography, the new attraction logos, the posters, the new entry plaza, even the style of the concept art - it all points to people who at least know the park's history and/or have some understanding of what made it so special.

I don't agree with or love everything so far - GotG is the most egregious, a thematic (and literal) blemish for decades to come unfortunately - but there's also reasons for optimism. Disney has the fans' attention on this EPCOT transformation; let's just hope they don't screw it up with the actual announcements on Sunday.

Epcot82Guy

I really like the new main logo and secondary logos (EPCOT, not DHS - That one is awful.)

I still wish they would have kept the Spine a bit more intact and called that "neighborhood" Epcot Center. Then you have the Discovery side, Natural side and World Showcase side.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So should we go back to calling it EPCOT or still Epcot? I mean they aren't bringing the acronym back I'm guessing.

IWant2GoNow

Thanks for putting these all in one place. I say, in order:

1) Food service / MouseGear replacement
2) The Land
3) Moana/Water
4) The Seas with Nemo
5) Guardians of the Galaxy
6) Spaceship Earth
7) Events Center
8) Imagination
9) Test Track
10) Play!
11) Odyssey
12) Mission: Space

That would account for all of the buildings / pavilions we have without doubling up any.
I feel like 7 is FoN. But that's just my opinion though.

Viget

So I think there's a big hint here with the color scheme. They are roughly broken into 3 groups of 4, which would comprise the three different neighborhoods.

The yellows/greens are World Nature: Land, ?Air (or just Soarin), Living Seas and the Moana Water area.

The blues/purples are World Celebration: Spaceship Earth, Imagination, and then I think the tree trunk thing is the Festival Center as others have alluded to, and the hexagonal interlocking T's, I think are reminiscent of the area around Odyssey, so whatever that is going to be.

The reds/red-violets are World Discovery: So we clearly see WoM logo (Test Track). The other three have got to represent Play, Mission Space and GotG. Which is which is a matter of debate. I could see M:S being either the whirly circle thing or the spaceship looking thing slashed with Horizons old logo. I think the other one is probably GotG, but not sure. And there's always the possibility that there's something new coming, who knows.

I'm sure we'll know soon. The pin collection at Mickey's of Glendale might have the info in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom