New Special for Christmas Week 12/21-12/26

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Bookings at Christmas must be soft. They're offering a five night package with park hoppers, tickets to MVMCP, and a whole bunch of other stuff (including a $50 per person dining card for Epcot) on Christmas week, for $239 per person per night at Animal Kingdom Lodge:

Celebrate the magic of the holidays in The Most Magical Place on Earth with the Ultimate Disney Christmas Package at Walt Disney World Resort. Check in December 21, check out December 26, 2019, and enjoy an itinerary full of festive fun in between. You’ll even get to take advantage of some exclusive experiences just for Guests on this package. Check out the included Yuletide offerings:
  • Saturday, December 21, 2019: EXCLUSIVE nighttime access to ride Avatar Flight of Passage, Na’vi River Journey and Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park. Plus, catch an EXCLUSIVE showing of the park’s new Rivers of Light: We Are One show.
  • Sunday, December 22, 2019: Tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom park.
  • Monday, December 23, 2019 or Tuesday, December 24, 2019 (one night per reservation): Access to an EXCLUSIVE reserved viewing area to watch Epcot Forever, an all-new nighttime spectacular. Plus, each Guest (ages 3 and up) will receive a digital $50 Epcot Theme Park Dine Promo Card to use at participating Epcot locations.
  • Wednesday, December 25, 2019: An Ultimate Disney Christmas gift delivered to your hotel room.
Beyond the Parks, you can even show your Ultimate Disney Christmas Package credentials to receive special discounts at participating Disney Springs locations throughout your stay!
Finally, this package also includes a 5-night stay at a select Disney Resort hotel and a 4-day theme park ticket with Park Hopper option. For example, for just $199 per person, per night (total package price of $3,980), a family of four can stay in a standard room at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, soak up 4 fun-filled days in the parks and enjoy all of the special activities and gifts included in the itinerary above.
Book now through October 26, 2019 to take advantage of this unique offer!
View the chart below for a few examples of Disney Resort hotels eligible for this offer. Call for other Resort hotels and availability. Sample package prices based on a 5-night stay with 4-day theme park tickets with Park Hopper option for a family of four—2 adults, 1 junior (ages 10 to 17) and 1 child (ages 3 to 9)—within the chart below.

Disney Resort Hotels
Arrival: 12/21/19 and
Departure: 12/26/19
Sample Package Prices
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
(Standard View)
$199 per person, per night
(Total $3,980)
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
(Standard View)
$239 per person, per night
(Total $4,780)
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
(1 Bedroom)
$275 per person, per night
(Total $5,500)
Disney's Riviera Resort
(Deluxe Studio)
$345 per person, per night
(Total $6,900)

I can't remember anything like this, especially on the actual week of Christmas.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Considering AKL right now for that week is checking in at $476 a night just for the room, it's probably not that far off base. The room would be $2380 for five nights alone.

I did a room for 2 at the lodge, with a 6-day park hopper, $4550 + $278 for the Xmas Party + $100 dinning = $4928. So a small discount plus some extra perks.

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I did a room for 2 at the lodge, with a 6-day park hopper, $4550 + $278 for the Xmas Party + $100 dinning = $4928. So a small discount plus some extra perks.

If that price of $239 per person holds with only two adults though, that's $2390 for the package.

$239 per person per night would be $239x5 = $1195

$1195x2 = $2390

That makes me wonder if that pricing is accurate.

LSLS

So based on 2 adults, a junor, and a kid, AKL would be $5,222 with a 4 day park hopper, and that's without the X-Mas party. Actually seems like a serious deal.

LSLS

If that price of $239 per person holds with only two adults though, that's $2390 for the package.

$239 per person per night would be $239x5 = $1195

$1195x2 = $2390

That makes me wonder if that pricing is accurate.

$239 would be the average per person if you had a group of 2 adults, a junior, and a kid. If tickets around around $2,500 of the price, that means your room is around $2,500 (figuring the party and others factor in as free in my scenario). So a 2 person trip is probably more like $3,600.

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
$239 would be the average per person if you had a group of 2 adults, a junior, and a kid. If tickets around around $2,500 of the price, that means your room is around $2,500 (figuring the party and others factor in as free in my scenario). So a 2 person trip is probably more like $3,600.

That's what I was thinking but couldn't figure out how to word it.

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

$3225 for two adults at AKL - just got off the phone with them.

Pricing out the room for AKL, four day park hoppers, MVMCP tickets, and adding $100 to that total to make up for the gift card, that comes out to $4356. Plus the package has some intangibles that are nice, including the reserved viewing and nighttime Pandora activities, so I'd say for over Christmas this is a pretty good deal. It's right at a 26% discount on the entire package.

LSLS

$3225 for two adults at AKL - just got off the phone with them.

So if I go 5 nights/4 days with park hopper, AKL is $3,960, not including the X-Mas tickets. Not sure how this lines up with other years, but this is a serious deal.

jpeden

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So if I go 5 nights/4 days with park hopper, AKL is $3,960, not including the X-Mas tickets. Not sure how this lines up with other years, but this is a serious deal.

True - plus you're taking that off the already applied offer that is at Christmas (fall/holiday offer) - it's even a better deal when you compare it to the rack rate.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Wasn't this deal released a while go?
So nothing really "new".
They have also offered a similar deal the last couple of years I believe.
Its so specific that I bet not many people take them up on it.

Viget

When is the last time we actually saw a Christmas week deal? Wow, things must be off...... and that's with what should be a fully operational battle station (oops, meant land) in DHS.

If this isn't a sign of an impending recession, not sure what is.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
When is the last time we actually saw a Christmas week deal? Wow, things must be off...... and that's with what should be a fully operational battle station (oops, meant land) in DHS.

If this isn't a sign of an impending recession, not sure what is.

Actually I believe that it was December 21-26 in 2017....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom