News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Fear

View attachment 401168
View attachment 401169
Some fancy new merchandise with the new logos. The colors they're usin look really nice. Not sure exactly what that box in the middle is though.

It's packaging for those pins. You can see the white box is removed from it and opened, showing the Epcot logo. I bet you can buy it as a whole set.

Edit: Both the white and black boxes are removed, so the oblong pin is part of the set, too.

rocketraccoon

It's packaging for those pins. You can see the white box is removed from it and opened, showing the Epcot logo. I bet you can buy it as a whole set.
Oh weird, I figured they would be mystery bags or given only to cast members to trade like a lotta other simple sets like that. I really hope those aren't like $100

hpyhnt 1000

View attachment 401168
View attachment 401169
Some fancy new merchandise with the new logos. The colors they're usin look really nice. Not sure exactly what that box in the middle is though.

That middle thing that looks like a xylophone is the holder for the pins.

Does it bother anyone else they didn't lay the pins and boxes out in the same order by color? Or is that just me?

trainplane3

View attachment 401168
View attachment 401169
$10 per pin, *400 of each available. The box looks like it's $200 but also includes the "epcot" and epcot logo pins as well.
AKA good luck getting a complete set. They'll probably sell them later on but who knows with pins anymore.

Fear

$10 per pin, 200 of each available. The box looks like it's $200 but also includes the "epcot" and epcot logo pins as well.
AKA good luck getting a complete set. They'll probably sell them later on but who knows with pins anymore.

Lousy exclusive merchandise.

If someone could send me one of those shirts...

ThatMouse

Disney's 5th gate is actually EPCOT: a celebration of Disney IP! EPCOT: in case you aren't sick of those Disney movie soundtracks from our other 3 parks!

SplashJacket

My thoughts on the Imagination Pavilion.

There is only one poster for the two iterations of figment. There are two hidden posters. One will undoubtedly be Brazil and the other will probably be UK attraction.

France has a poster and Ratatouille has an entirely separate poster.

What this means is Figment will not be replaced with a non-figment attraction. It may get a new figment attraction, but figment is not going away.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I was able to find the tweet!

ChrisFL

Premium Member
this feels random, but I just want to say this. The biggest lesson Disney can learn (and has once or twice) is that newer is not always better and sometimes it is in their best interest to revert back to older attraction ideas. I know that often they'd be stubborn about not going back to older ideas, because it would seem like they admit they made a mistake, hopefully that is changing where needed.

We've seen the return of Figment in the early 2000's, we're seeing practically the return of the old entrance way to EPCOT now, maybe we'll see the return of other things as well.

Viget

Wow I was way off. I thought the 2 circles one was for Space Pavillion and the one with a diamond in the middle was for Galaxy

I think you're right.

Also notice that the 12 icons are arranged in groups of 4, each representing one of the neighborhoods. The ones on the left (greens and yellows) must be World Nature (Seas, Moana, The Land, and ?Soarin?). Not sure what the orange earth icon is.

The ones in the middle are World Celebration: Interlocking bridges (Odyssey), Tree trunk looking thing (Fesitval center), Spaceship Earth (duh), and Imagination (old logo as well). They're represented by blues and purples.

And then the right side icons are reds and pinkish-violets: World Discovery. You've got the old WoM icon, so that's probably Test Track, then there is a double circle whirly thing, which invokes a centrifuge to me, so I'd think Mission Space, maybe Play?, the one with the diamond in the middle is probably GotG, and the other one is either the Space restaurant, or Mission Space itself, if the circles are Play. Kinda unsure about these.

Which means, not sure what the new attraction is other than Brazil. I really hope it's not the carousel at the UK pavilion. That doesn't seem to merit a poster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom