HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

IMDREW

It just kind of sort of does look like 2 castles on top of eachother. As if the whole scale of the upper part doesn’t gel with the lower part. The upper and new part is so detailed while the old castle is more large simple shapes.

ParkPeeker

front view, someone needs to step to the side and snap photos lol.

source:

RandySavage

I actually like the side views shown above more than the front view, because it looks like its own building.

It's seems likely that if they wished to, they could have designed the new part in the same style as SBC. For whatever reasons, WDI/HKDL opted not to integrate the Old with the New. I would have preferred a totally new castle in the style of the back half. That's my critique - that we will forever see two different castles from the front.

Still a fan of this project...

SpaceMountainUK

I actually like the side views shown above more than the front view, because it looks like its own building.

It's seems likely that if they wished to, they could have designed the new part in the same style as SBC. For whatever reasons, WDI/HKDL opted not to integrate the Old with the New. I would have preferred a totally new castle in the style of the back half. That's my critique - that we will forever see two different castles from the front.

Still a fan of this project...

I agree I feel if they had just altered the main turret of the original castle and maybe made it taller or balanced it out with another one to the left of the main roof then the original structure would blend in a little better with the new additions. But generally I like this more after seeing the model the proportions look a lot better than the concept art.

Also I feel like when the buildings that flank the castle in Fantasyland are integrated into the new structure then the back should be fine. Right now on the model those are not represented so it looks a little odd.

ParkPeeker

Huh, the back looks odd. Mainly because of the cantilevered look. Maybe it'll look better in the context of that area.
I hope they add details to the old castle to make it blend better with the new one.

Huh, the back looks odd. Mainly because of the cantilevered look. Maybe it'll look better in the context of that area.
I hope they add details to the old castle to make it blend better with the new one.
I think it will look great in real life. The back of SBC is super packed, with a BBB on the right and Pooh Corner on the left. If the back has a solid base, then it will be too confining. Keeping it hollow with pillars is great and necessary.

halbjobri

I was kind of hoping that they would add in something nice in the castle like a small walkthrough attraction or even a bigass lobby like they did in Shanghai, but guess there's really no visible space at least from looking at the model. Ah well 😌

But the model does look really dope! Hoping the actual thing will turn out okay haha

brihow

I was kind of hoping that they would add in something nice in the castle like a small walkthrough attraction or even a bigass lobby like they did in Shanghai, but guess there's really no visible space at least from looking at the model. Ah well 😌

But the model does look really dope! Hoping the actual thing will turn out okay haha

Just wanted to say love your avatar and username :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom