News D23 Expo 2019

Bender123

And speaking of odd...
The 'missing' Communicore building makes the area look oddly unbalanced.
Why keep one 'half', and not the other...?
Perhaps I'm just showing my age, but it looks visually strange to my eyes.

A few pages late, but I totally get the concept they are going for...West has always been more natural science and the architecture and landscaping was sweeping and more natural. East was always hard science and more angular.

There were two ways to look at Communicore...One is the buildings were symmetrical and the other is that one fit the theme of the gateway it represented and one was massively misplaced. West just didn't fit a theme of being a gateway to natural sciences and experiences.

Speedy71

Wait, the head of theme parks of the largest theme park company in the world at the most important theme park event can't make it through a 7 minute speech without a teleprompter. Did someone just write this for him last night?

Immersion!

Well somebody gotta keep him from uttering IP every two seconds.

note2001

In regards to the Space elevator/tower, it looks like there might be some props/lighting that represent the guest's transportation to Space.
View attachment 401043

View attachment 401045
Has it been confirmed where Avengers Academy will be located?
I have a feeling that they'll want it near or behind this area. (can't go into MK or DHS and makes zero sense in AK). Perhaps that beacon of sorts will Illuminate a path or transport to the new area.

nickys

Premium Member
Let's see...

"Fireworks" has the images from the new fireworks show featuring a compass.

"The Seas" and "Turtle Talk" has images of the two attractions of that pavilion. Too bad it's being torn down. ;)

"UK" has a Mary Poppins figure... more to be revealed?

"Mexico" has Coco on it, but there's also a Gran Fiesta featuring not on the 3Cs, but the Dia de los muertos scene. So, that's probably where a small Coco addition will occur.

Unnamed space restaurant featuring the lobby space elevator.

Spaceship Earth seems it will be the same ride and not totally reimagined

Imagination: Are they showing an old banner, like for Horizons, or, is it a sign of a return to Dreamfinder and Figment? There's no separate banner for JIYIWF.

It seems what was once Walt Disney World EPCOT CENTER will now be EPCOT.

The U.K. poster also has the white rabbit from Alice and a bagpiper ........

I agree with you on the Imagination poster. Since there are posters from long gone pavilions, like Horizons, I’m not sure how we can predict what may be coming (like an Imagination re-do) based on the posters we can see.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No I'll demand the company comes up to my standards not lower mine

I think his point may be..."I don't think they are going to meet those demands...they are going a different direction. While quality is likely still to be there, probably not the type of entertainment, theme, etc. you're specifically looking for in many cases"

Ok..maybe those are my words, lol

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So this caught my eye.

View attachment 400979

View attachment 400980

It looks like some kind of observation tower.

However, since this is by Space and it is not featured on the new Epcot model, this could just be an artistic interpretation of the "space elevator" that will take you to the new Space-themed restaurant.

Does anyone have any insight on this??

Main photo from the DIS twitter account.

It's representational art of the Space Station Restaurant and the Space Elevator you take to get there.

Princess Leia

So, not parks related, but Disney+ has posted posters for various shows and movies today, are they presenting these right now? (I don't have a D23 schedule to check)

Edit- apparently today is Disney+ day. Showcase at 3:30 (PT), screening of the HSM show at 5:30 (PT).

PorterRedkey

It's representational art of the Space Station Restaurant and the Space Elevator you take to get there.
Right, that whole display had some artistic flair on each of the pavilions presented.

There is a “space elevator” prop on the official concept art, but I don’t see how they are going to do that in the real world. Concept art is... conceptual.

With the Space restaurant supposedly opening this year, we should know soon enough.

Mike S

So, not parks related, but Disney+ has posted posters for various shows and movies today, are they presenting these right now? (I don't have a D23 schedule to check)

Edit- apparently today is Disney+ day. Showcase at 3:30 (PT), screening of the HSM show at 5:30 (PT).

View attachment 401154
View attachment 401157
So pumped for The Mandalorian and you can’t go wrong with Jeff Goldblum. Here’s today’s schedule btw. D+ is later.
CD8AFB30-65D3-48FB-B97E-AB49D988051E.jpeg

Mike S

Been waiting here since 2AM and now we find out we might not even get in based on the reservations they did this year.

What. The. Heck.

2 years ago we had no trouble getting into the parks panel just getting here early and waiting. Did they really give out reservations for ALL seats available? SERIOUSLY? Reservations that were impossible to get into and get? If I don’t end up getting in this panel I’m not even bothering for movies and parks. I’ll be getting sleep instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom