News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Monorail_Red_77

What is that section to the right of the canopy that looks to be a tiered theming? I am not sure if that is new or just concept art. Also the reflection of the corner of the show building might be artistic interpretation or maybe the use of some sort of industrial application.
That is the edge of Space Mountain building.

**edit: I see you answered yourself** LOL my bad

wdwgreek

Super curious to see what will be down with the Train Tunnel. Projections? Perhaps. I think that fact we are finally getting another E ticket on that side of the park will be great balance out the crowds between the thunder splash rush and space mountain/ Tron. (We are in agreement this is an E ticket right?)

doctornick

I think that fact we are finally getting another E ticket on that side of the park will be great balance out the crowds between the thunder splash rush and space mountain/ Tron. (We are in agreement this is an E ticket right?)

It's a start. What they also really need is another higher thrill E-ticket in Adventureland to full balance everything out. Something like IJ or Journey into the Center of the Earth or (heaven forbid) a new concept like Fire Mountain.

And a longer, relaxing family ride in Frontierland would be good too (I'm looking at you, Western River Expedition).

Bocabear

Super curious to see what will be down with the Train Tunnel. Projections? Perhaps. I think that fact we are finally getting another E ticket on that side of the park will be great balance out the crowds between the thunder splash rush and space mountain/ Tron. (We are in agreement this is an E ticket right?)
We currently have a tunnel on the railroad that is just completely blank... As a matter of fact, most of the train ride is through backstage areas lacking any sort of show scenes... We really need the entire Train route dressed properly...the fact that you can see backstage roads and buildings from the train give me no hope they would do something in the tunnel...

raymusiccity

At the very least, any added effects to the tunnel should increase railroad ridership. Anything that will spread crowds out to the three stations is a plus.

WDWFREAK53

We currently have a tunnel on the railroad that is just completely blank... As a matter of fact, most of the train ride is through backstage areas lacking any sort of show scenes... We really need the entire Train route dressed properly...the fact that you can see backstage roads and buildings from the train give me no hope they would do something in the tunnel...

Part of me thinks that the tunnel is more to prevent the steam from rising into the area....moreso than to hide the old steam engine out of view.

rowrbazzle

I think that is more of a dark blue, but who knows...

Also, the show building seems to have some sort of "texture" to it like little squares (sort of a checkerboard pattern). If they decorate the outside, might help it to not be an eyesore - though OTOH might make it more obvious to see.

There's that giant box everyone has been talking about. I realize now that it was "hiding" in the original; I guess I thought it was the lake. They couldn't have come up with something more creative from a shape/design standpoint?

gerarar

Premium Member
So after taking another look, I noticed something missing from the new concept art. If we take a look at the original initial concept art, there was a TRON decorative building and accessible area behind it (outlined in white). You would enter on a side pathway beneath the PeopleMover track (blue arrow). I'm not sure if the area beyond the little building would be backstage or something.

In the new concept art, this area and building is missing. Again besides the train tunnel, there's a bunch of trees/shrubs in place, so it may as well be a placeover. But regardless, the building (arcade or gift shop?) may have been cut already from the budget.
Just my observation, so who knows..

DCLcruiser

So after taking another look, I noticed something missing from the new concept art. If we take a look at the original initial concept art, there was a TRON decorative building and accessible area behind it (outlined in white). You would enter on a side pathway beneath the PeopleMover track (blue arrow). I'm not sure if the area beyond the little building would be backstage or something.
View attachment 401178
In the new concept art, this area and building is missing. Again besides the train tunnel, there's a bunch of trees/shrubs in place, so it may as well be a placeover. But regardless, the building (arcade or gift shop?) may have been cut already from the budget.
Just my observation, so who knows..
View attachment 401179
What building? The original artwork shows shrubs and walking paths. I think it's an optical illusion.

Disone

While everyone's focusing on EPCOT, I compared the new Tron concept art from it's initial reveal to now.
View attachment 400911View attachment 400912
Some things I noticed:
- No more huge TRON signage at top of canopy. Now just a small logo/sign with some plants. (Bottom of new concept art)
- Railroad will be going under the canopy, but in a tunnel! I would imagine the tunnel to have some type of projections or screens, along with narration.
- Instead of a staircase (or escalators), we now have an elevated walkway going above the path to Storybook Circus, which then leads further inside the canopy and to the new entrance for TRON. You can tell that this pathway will wind under the canopy and back towards the front.
- The new concept art now also contains the showbuilding, which will seemed to be unthemed, sadly.
- Also not sure if it's just the scope of the new concept art, but the Speedway is not shown. Could be deliberate as covered by shrubs/trees as he future of it will be announced soon or at later date.

Also this will seem to be the logo for the ride, along with it's official name: Tron Lightcycle Run
View attachment 400915
I absolutely knew they were going to have to put the train in a tunnel. Otherwise the smoke from the Smoke Stacks would have stained the white canopies over time. I know most of the time the steam engines smoke is not very visible but it IS there and that part of the railroad is where the engines are working the hardest as they pulled the trains uphill and it would have stained those white canopies. I like almost everything else about the redesigned artwork except for the exposure of the main show building. As someone has already suggested perhaps they will put some tron like siding on the building to help it blend in with the canopy? I hope so. Just the same I would have rather had the canopy still hide the show building all together.

brihow

I like almost everything else about the redesigned artwork except for the exposure of the main show building. As someone has already suggested perhaps they will put some tron like siding on the building to help it blend in with the canopy? I hope so. Just the same I would have rather had the canopy still hide the show building all together.

The artwork is also from a very high perspective. On the ground I think we'll only see a little bit of it and only from certain angles.

gerarar

Premium Member
What building? The original artwork shows shrubs and walking paths. I think it's an optical illusion.
Building outlined in black. That is 100% not representing the water, as seen to the right of the building.
View attachment 401192
I was actually referring to this (outlined in red). I thought and looked like it was a small building, either a gift shop, arcade, etc., considering there seems to be an entrance underneath the PeopleMover.

lazyboy97o

The artwork is also from a very high perspective. On the ground I think we'll only see a little bit of it and only from certain angles.
The building and canopy have already been built once before. We know for a fact that the canopy does not hide the gravity box.

lazyboy97o

I never said it would hide it completely. I said we would see much less of it on the ground than a birds eye view. Please read carefully.
How much it will be seen from the ground is already known. The art should not be some surprise or point of doubt. This is a known entity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom