Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Bob Harlem

Been analyzing the Concept art more, it reminds me a lot of the Volcano Bay entrance, for what it's worth. (Water features included) Still think it's going to be a glorified splash pad, but pretty nice, but probably better suited to the Polynesian entrance/lobby instead of the statue it had now after the remodel.

DisneyDreamer08

Reading through all this wondering if it will be a beautiful, educational water themed walk through OR a splash pad and I’m thinking UGH please don’t let it be a splash pad! My kids either get soaked in their clothes and are uncomfortable for hours or, I have to go through the hassle of changing them, re changing them, reapplying sunscreen, carrying around wet clothes... then I think, wait a minute, when this opens in 7 years, my kids will be teenagers! Problem solved 😂😂

MrMcDuck

If it were an interactive, educational, creative water garden/maze/whatever that was truly just "inspired by Moana" in the way that word used to be used, I wouldn't be that concerned, but given the park blog's use of "based on" and recent history, it's likely that Moana and Co. will be all over this thing in some form.

Edit: Moana is a fantastic film. For me, it isn't the quality of any film or the popularity of any particular IP that worries me, but rather it's the forcing of IP and the desire to change the entire nature of Epcot that are the concerns.

Last edited:

mwils8

To me this sounds like a themed version of the jumping fountains at Imagination. With the placement near the Land and the Seas, I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea. It will all come down to execution.
This was exactly my thought, and if that's what it is, I like it - those jumping fountains were some of my and my siblings' favorite things growing up. Guessing/hoping we'll get the Te Fiti rockwork and some instrumental Moana music in the background, and that'll be it in terms of the Moana elements. Given that the poster says "inspired by Moana", I have to imagine it'll be a light touch and Moana is mainly being used to advertise it. Hopefully.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It was The end of Innoventions thread I think. That progressed to the fact this was a completely new feature, separate to FoN, which would be refurbed / replaced but in the same location. Which the concept art supports in this article:

@marni1971 raised some hopes that FoN wouldn’t actually be demolished but simply revamped. Link:

In the concept art, “FoN” is certainly uncluttered with no sign of a stage and paraphernalia surrounding it. I’m keeping fingers crossed.
I now believe they may be sinking it. Literally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom