News D23 Expo 2019

dreday3

If all those trees in the concept art actually get planted I’ll be amazed.

But it looks good on film. After next weekend we were already planning another multi year hiatus from Disney. Looks like our planned return is right when the transformation is complete too.

Did they say when expected completion is? I can't find it, thanks!

LuvWDW2

Did they say when expected completion is? I can't find it, thanks!

I expect they may give a general idea during the formal presentation on Sunday(?) I’m just guessing based on what insiders have said around here. As for us personally, no plans to return until 2022 or 2023 at the earliest.

dreday3

I expect they may give a general idea during the formal presentation on Sunday(?) I’m just guessing based on what insiders have said around here. As for us personally, no plans to return until 2022 or 2023 at the earliest.

Thanks! We are going in 2020, but then not again until 2023 (gonna get one more trip in that year before we turn 50! :p)

PorterRedkey

In regards to the Space elevator/tower, it looks like there might be some props/lighting that represent the guest's transportation to Space.

dreday3

Sounds like you will get to experience ConstructionCot then before your break.

Yes, but that's okay. Most rides will still be open and there's always World Showcase...

I'm hoping they don't decide to do away with Flower/Garden though next year, was looking forward to it as has never been.

nickys

Premium Member
Also, Imagineer Ann Morrow's skirt is very, very short! Do they not have a dress code any more, or can young ladies just wear micro-mini skirts to their companies big public exposition?

🙄 I’m sorry, what century are you living in?

Her skirt is fine, nothing untoward about it at all. Not that what you or I think about it should affect her decision on what she chooses to wear.

SirLink

Even if this didn’t happen, it’ll never come back. I’m taking what I can get here. The new hub looks amazing even if Moana seems weird. The rumors surrounding Imagination are also all I need at this point. I know nothing else will get done to bring back EPCOT Center so I’m going to be a happy little dog and take the bone I’m thrown.

Why are you 'taking what you can get' you should never accept less, if a company wants you do accept less you don't buy stuff from that company.

Piebald

I just found the obsession with Disney odd. I mean, I'm a massive fan of the parks and Epcot made me who I am today, but their lives revolved around Disney, they had no other hobbies or interest.

Still better than my current "career" of warehouse work, though.
I worked part time in college so I kind of get the obsession. Think about it. Those kids are generally not at top tier schools or if they are they're not in a top tier program for the most part. So if you're from Nowheresville, America and you move to Florida then it's probably an amazing experience. Of course they dont want to go back to their crappy old town, so they become obsessed at the prospect of moving down and continuing a generally fun life at that age.

I cant tell you how many people on reddit or Disney groups on social media come and ask for tips on how to move down solely because they love Disney and many times having no job offer whatsoever lined up. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom