News D23 Expo 2019

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Thank you for posting that! It saves many of us in SoCal a trip to Anaheim this weekend.

Is it me, or is this year's Imagineering Pavilion kind of vague and weak? There doesn't seem to be much there, there. In the past, the WDI pavilions have been grand with musical pre-shows and grand reveals and endless interactive exhibits. What happened? Chapek?

Also, Imagineer Ann Morrow's skirt is very, very short! Do they not have a dress code any more, or can young ladies just wear micro-mini skirts to their companies big public exposition?

I fear that may be the best “design” imagineering is showing this weekend🙃

flynnibus

Premium Member
So.... disney thinks the future of all designs includes color changing led lighting... how 2010 disney...

Looks like Epcot forever will use water curtains (the center fixture) and not just fountain mist screens? I still think having "forever" in the title is pretty pretentious and self pontificating. Looks like an evolution of Tokyo's f! Design with more world of color elements.

The rest of the stuff is more "wait and see" from me. Not seeing things that make me giddy... but not foul either. Just have to see what they actually build.

Anyone else notice that the animation speed in that video is pretty bad? People are practically running through the walkways... and the perspective views on SSE are pretty bad (note the legs).

But they are getting rid of the tombstones and bringing back the entrance fountain... so that's a win

Mike S

Be careful for what you wish for ... Epcot after this will become IPCOT and when ever Iger goes and the new CEO comes in and tries to take IPCOT back to Epcot Center - WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE.
Even if this didn’t happen, it’ll never come back. I’m taking what I can get here. The new hub looks amazing even if Moana seems weird. The rumors surrounding Imagination are also all I need at this point. I know nothing else will get done to bring back EPCOT Center so I’m going to be a happy little dog and take the bone I’m thrown.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Be careful for what you wish for ... Epcot after this will become IPCOT and when ever Iger goes and the new CEO comes in and tries to take IPCOT back to Epcot Center - WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE.
Unfortunately or luckily, depending on your viewpoint. Disney Parks are never going back to non-IP driven. So we don’t have to worry about that. If you are the type of fan like me, who would loves the IPs created by the Imagineers ala Pirates or Haunted Mansion, you just have to accept that those days are gone and the park is being designed for a new set of customers.

flynnibus

Premium Member
No denying futureworld has to go as it stood... really only SSE still stands in the original art direction of future world... I just don't know what to make of the new thing yet. It certainly lacks the bold abstract that. Epcot '82 was... but picking something different isn't bad in itself... as long as it's good and works

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom